Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Why is Thursday so damn good? I've counted the names I want to see and it's going to be horrific clash after horrific clash.
The only thing that could save the situation is if some of them double up with Ciutat!

Got the exact same situation friend. Even digging into the undercard I just keep hearing something I like only to see they're playing the Thursday. 

Happens most years for me. Thursday and Friday are stacked, Saturday I'm doing a lot more wandering.

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Why is Thursday so damn good? I've counted the names I want to see and it's going to be horrific clash after horrific clash.
The only thing that could save the situation is if some of them double up with Ciutat!

Thursday's going to be a blood bath. Then Saturday. Friday remains fairly quiet

Last Primavera, it was pretty straightforward:

best line-up => least people (Thursday)

worst line-up => most people (Saturday)

It seems that it might be the case also in 2024, since my personal worst day (Friday) is the only one that is almost sold out at the moment.

However, I still think that the worst day of 2024 (Friday) is better than the worst day of 2023 (Saturday). And also that the best day of 2024 (Thursday) is slightly worse than the best day of 2023 (Thursday).

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, pipan said:

Last Primavera, it was pretty straightforward:

best line-up => least people (Thursday)

worst line-up => most people (Saturday)

It seems that it might be the case also in 2024, since my personal worst day (Friday) is the only one that is almost sold out at the moment.

However, I still think that the worst day of 2024 (Friday) is better than the worst day of 2023 (Saturday). And also that the best day of 2024 (Thursday) is slightly worse than the best day of 2023 (Thursday).

Agree with literally all of this!

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Same here. Luckily I can see Justice and Amyl the week after at BKS and I just noticed I get to see Wiegedood in January as support act for Amenra, so that's three less worries. But agree that day is ridiculously stacked still.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

326944457_WhatsAppImage2023-11-21at12_09.33(1).thumb.jpeg.886759b5a5dbe671e9ddb7f05ae97d9a.jpeg.d24a41a247b29fa4eaaa759adecdab70.jpeg

Anyone want to have a go at guessing the Ciutat names from the gaps (one theory). Starting with the following letter bands:

1. Hu-Ik

2. Ki-Ko

3. Man-Mar

4. Mu-Na

5. Pe-Ph

6. Pi-Po

Yeah, I'm bored.

1.  Hudson Mohawke, Iceage, Idles

2. King Creosote

3. Maple Glider

4. Nabihah Iqbal, Nadine Shah

5. Personal Trainer, Perfume Genius, Penelope Isles

6. A Place to Bury Strangers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

326944457_WhatsAppImage2023-11-21at12_09.33(1).thumb.jpeg.886759b5a5dbe671e9ddb7f05ae97d9a.jpeg.d24a41a247b29fa4eaaa759adecdab70.jpeg

Anyone want to have a go at guessing the Ciutat names from the gaps (one theory). Starting with the following letter bands:

1. Hu-Ik

2. Ki-Ko

3. Man-Mar

4. Mu-Na

5. Pe-Ph

6. Pi-Po

Yeah, I'm bored.

Those sound like aktual bandnames in themselves, Muna even would make sense 😄

I think 1. is Iceage, as username666 pointed out, they are supporting Mitski on her tour just before PS. Would be available on the Sunday. 3. Could also be Manchester Orchestra

Edited by Quadrophobia

21 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I respect the reasoning but I wouldn't read much into it.

I think if the names were like that it would have been released by now. I don't know what the hold up is really.

So many possibilities but one could be that they have an agreement with the bands but are still working out the contractual side with the venues.

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

I respect the reasoning but I wouldn't read much into it.

But it seems possible that bands were swapped between Ciutat and main festival at last minute before the poster was made? In that case, it would make sense that they have removed a few names at last minute. However that would only be possible if these bands were flexible in their tour dates, so I'm not sure this makes sense.

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

1. Hu-Ik

2. Ki-Ko

3. Man-Mar

4. Mu-Na

5. Pe-Ph

6. Pi-Po

Yeah, I'm bored.

1) this is certainly more fun than talking about arcade fire, or predicting another headliner gets added. 

2) I'm so out of touch, I genuinely didn't realise these weren't band names the first time I scrolled through. 😂😂 Thought it read like an excerpt from the Quietus end of year best of list. Theyd love Kiko and Manmar. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Who do you think will be this year Wednesday? When they were announced they were nobody to me. Then great album, amazing show, in very high positions in all the end of the year lists.

Julie Byrne is likely to get lots of attention. Her recent album is phenomenal and features in any EOTY lists

Slow Pulp are also blowing up currently

If we are talking critics recognition, my money is on Mannequin Pussy. Not new, but the next albums gonna be the one that makes them well known

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Julie Byrne is likely to get lots of attention. Her recent album is phenomenal and features in any EOTY lists

Slow Pulp are also blowing up currently

Think OP is looking for someone who hasn't yet released an album or about to bring out a new album that is a huge step up from their last.

I've seen them live and they're...alright...but Last Dinner Party could easily 'do a Wet Leg' in terms of attention when their debut comes out early in the new year.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Think OP is looking for someone who hasn't yet released an album or about to bring out a new album that is a huge step up from their last.

I've seen them live and they're...alright...but Last Dinner Party could easily 'do a Wet Leg' in terms of attention when their debut comes out early in the new year.

If thats the precondition, then The Last Dinner Party is indeed gonna be the one band that will be much bigger after next year. Their material is fun and there is a lot of money behind them.

However Wednesday did have several albums before Rat Saw God, so I'm not sure that was implied.