Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

21 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Because of the creepy power dynamics that he used for his benefit obviously. For example as a professor you are usually not allowed to have consensual relationships with students, even if you don't grade them. And especially not hitting them up via instagram, inviting them over and promising them things, that have something to do with your and their position, so completely misusing your power over them.

Ok, good example, agree with you. Same with a director with a employe of a company.

However, in this specific case, we are talking about a singer with a fan. We have the allegations, he defended himself saying that everything was consensual. Nothing was proven against him. Cheating on your wife is not a crime, and yet we don't know if they have an open relationship. The band continues, their marriage too. 

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Arcade Fire are maybe on their lowest in popularity since around Neon Bible, We was far from a commerical success and their tours have seen attendance drop continously. Don't get me wrong, I used to love them (ffs I have the Funeral cover tattoo'd on my ribs) but their last relevant material is from 10 years ago. And doing victory lap tours on older material really is fine, but with integral band members leaving, making it an ever-increasing Win Butler project and him having behaved so despicably in the past years, I just don't care for them anymore. And this feeling is echoed by all my friends who used to love them. They are just gonna go down the Smashing Pumpkins path: Legends of their time, whose output at some point was just hardcore-fan service and an excuse to tour the old stuff, being booked for upper middle-slots at fests.

Did you see some videos from Corona Capital show? I think some new songs worked very well, and the band is still delivering a great show.

But, if we are going too much off topic, we can stop discussing AF here.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, joselito said:

However, in this specific case, we are talking about a singer with a fan. We have the allegations, he defended himself saying that everything was consensual. Nothing was proven against him. Cheating on your wife is not a crime, and yet we don't know if they have an open relationship. The band continues, their marriage too. 

That's really not what happened. I really don't care what is their marriage arrangement. Would a teacher, social worker, police officer, nurse, restaurant waiter, etc would still have a job if he sent pictures of his genitals to multiple of his students, patients, clients, etc on Instagram. No. So why would it be different for musicians? And that's not even considering the additional allegations.

Edited by emmanuel
  • Upvote 1

I'm impressed by how much time is being spent discussing a band that's not even playing at PS24.  

What acts on the line up can people on here recommend for a good party atmosphere? I'm going with some friends who probably won't delve into the undercard beforehand, but want to take them to see some music that they can dance to without having to know the back catalogue to enjoy.  

13 minutes ago, Ildavo said:

I'm impressed by how much time is being spent discussing a band that's not even playing at PS24.  

What acts on the line up can people on here recommend for a good party atmosphere? I'm going with some friends who probably won't delve into the undercard beforehand, but want to take them to see some music that they can dance to without having to know the back catalogue to enjoy.  

L'Imperatrice - best party of PS 2022. Being familiar with the songs has some added value, but I don't think it's necessary for enjoying their set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ildavo said:

Saw Róisín Murphy last week, fantastic show. Just discover Sofia Kourtesis this week after recommendations, amazing.

Roosevelt and Mount Kimbie are good live sets too.

19 hours ago, MrTobs said:

Because of the creepy power dynamics that he used for his benefit obviously. For example as a professor you are usually not allowed to have consensual relationships with students, even if you don't grade them. And especially not hitting them up via instagram, inviting them over and promising them things, that have something to do with your and their position, so completely misusing your power over them.

Probably the only reason the "victims" were attracted to Win was because he was the singer of Arcade Fire.

I don't know if he has used any type of violence, blackmail or something like that, if so, it seems reprehensible to me.

But if this is not the case, he has simply used his status, which is something that women generally value as an attractiveness value. Just like being handsome, tall, muscular, or have a lot of money attracts to some kind of girls. 

If is Consensus, It is an exchange in which each party gets what they are looking for.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, joselito said:

Ok, good example, agree with you. Same with a director with a employe of a company.

It's not the same. Because there is power dynamic where you have control over the other one (their job) , and you could feel "obliged" to do some things in order to keep your job. It's not the same with the typical groupie / rock band leader dynamic, at least, once again, if there is not violence, blackmail, or werid stuff. I don't approve that. 

Jaisus so many posts about Arcade Fire/Win Butler. Glad they aren't booked or there'd be no end to this.

Seeing Water From Your Eye's album featuring heavily in lots of album of the year lists. Have listened to it a few times but it's yet to click with me, same for Mandy, Indiana but will persist 🙂 

Barry Can't Swim's album is easy on the ears ala Sofia Kourtesis.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Probably the only reason the "victims" were attracted to Win was because he was the singer of Arcade Fire.

I don't know if he has used any type of violence, blackmail or something like that, if so, it seems reprehensible to me.

But if this is not the case, he has simply used his status, which is something that women generally value as an attractiveness value. Just like being handsome, tall, muscular, or have a lot of money attracts to some kind of girls. 

If is Consensus, It is an exchange in which each party gets what they are looking for.

I don't really want to drag on this conversation but I wanted to add something. People often think that sexual assault must involve violence but this isn't always the case. Sometimes it's by someone you trust or someone you believed to be a good person. It is also possible to be sexually assaulted by someone you may have had a previous consensual encounter with.

You don't achieve active consent by wearing someone down and asking them time and time again, despite them telling you no. The alleged victims are also very young - and while that isn't illegal, there is a very notable age gap between them and Win and an unhealthy power dynamic.

He has never faced a trial or been found guilty and given the low conviction rate for sexual assault cases, I doubt he ever will. So who knows. But ultimately the truth will always come out either way.

• Upvote 1

Again (and this is all pretty tedious) but for the record - as facts and words matter - but my understanding he has been accused of sexual misconduct/abuse of power (NB: not a crime) by 4 women and sexual assault being 'unwanted kissing and touching' (NB: a crime) by 1 person. 

Presumably either the 5th person hasn't pressed charges or the police has found insufficient evidence to prosecute.

13 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Never seen a day selling out so quickly at Primavera. I guess after Friday is sold out, Saturday should follow because of SZA, Mitski and Charli. And the Full Festival Ticket. Really doubt that Thursday will be sold out. 

Sure you're right though what's funny is that Thursday is by far my favourite day and Friday by far my least favourite. No accounting for taste, I guess... 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sure you're right though what's funny is that Thursday is by far my favourite day and Friday by far my least favourite. No accounting for taste, I guess... 

Similar to me, I think it's the worst Friday that I can remember in years for my taste, but I understand that there are a lot of big artists there so that's ok 

11 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Similar to me, I think it's the worst Friday that I can remember in years for my taste, but I understand that there are a lot of big artists there so that's ok 

Yes, also agree. Friday has way less interesting acts than the other days, but Lana was on my to see list for ages so this 'll be my relaxing day after running around like crazy the day before to see all the cool stuff.

23 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Mad Cool just stole the entire Video from Primavera 😄 😄 😄

409635098_18380588746069084_667668435689

This has some good acts like Pearl Jam, The Breeders, Janelle Monae, Alvvays and Genesis Owusu but all in all I think its their weakest start yet

Mostly garbage...

32 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Mad Cool just stole the entire Video from Primavera 😄 😄 😄

409635098_18380588746069084_667668435689

This has some good acts like Pearl Jam, The Breeders, Janelle Monae, Alvvays and Genesis Owusu but all in all I think its their weakest start yet

Would say it's better than last year and they are still missing a lot of artists, but still not my type of a festival