Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Mad cool had big issues with where they were (where PS Madrid happened) but I thought they had moved from there last year no? 
i might be wrong… and weird that few weeks / months ago they announced the exact dates for July 2024 and now it’s moved to 2025. 
wonder what’s happened…

8 hours ago, ibo said:

Mad cool had big issues with where they were (where PS Madrid happened) but I thought they had moved from there last year no? 
i might be wrong… and weird that few weeks / months ago they announced the exact dates for July 2024 and now it’s moved to 2025. 
wonder what’s happened…

Madcool was in Villaverde.

Primavera Madrid was in Arganda Del Rey. 

Completely different places

10 hours ago, brosch said:

This is a decent read (if a little light on depth) but does shine a light on the challenges facing bookers everywhere. Most of the users of this forum lived through a wonderful era of festival line ups in the last decade or two, but the reality is everything is more expensive now and costs have to be cut in some areas. 

Add in the competition factor of more festivals and standalone artist concerts because live music events are such a big deal for generations of people who no longer spend money on physical media (or at least not as much as they used to) and it's no major surprise that we're in the shape we're in with dead cert acts going elsewhere (or not appearing at all). 

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don’t believe this.

Mad Cool may be stupid but this would be deranged.

If I had been planning to go, I'd have had accommodation lined up. I'd 100% have cancelled that last night after this social post and started looking elsewhere. 

I mean, it's one thing if it was a rumour reported in media or something, but a clear statement from the festival on socials would prompt a heap of people to change their plans, surely? 

At the very least, they'll have lost a few attendees but, honestly, that festival seems to find ways to outdo its absolute chaos every year. 

Next year, they won't even announce. They'll just turn up on site in July with zero fans present, and Taylor swift and pearl jam on stage and post on some outdated social platform like MySpace that tickets are free, you just need to get here before they finish playing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

Has it been confirmed to be a stunt then?

No but the consensus seems to be that 'See you in 2025' is their way of tricking people and they will actually reveal at 20.25 tonight.

They think they are so clever. See you in 2025 doesn't even work from a language perspective. Muppets.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No but the consensus seems to be that 'See you in 2025' is their way of tricking people and they will actually reveal at 20.25 tonight.

They think they are so clever. See you in 2025 doesn't even work from a language perspective. Muppets.

This really is the worst communications team I have ever seen

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't know, this sounds too stupid to be true. I think it's wishful thinking from people that still hope it will happen this year.

I still tend to believe there's a limit to human stupidity (though this believe often get slapped in the face by reality...)

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I don't know, this sounds too stupid to be true. I think it's wishful thinking from people that still hope it will happen this year.

I still tend to believe there's a limit to human stupidity (though this believe often get slapped in the face by reality...)

I think posting this at 9pm on a Sunday without any explanation wouldn't have been done if it were for real. Then again its Mad Cool