Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

8 minutes ago, qThunder said:

Apparently PJ harvey is not playing the main stage at best kept secret, because she prefers more intimate settings. Is there a possibility she is not playing the main stages at primavera?

The only practical setting that you could describe as intimate is the Auditori and it would have surely already been mentioned if she was there.

Just now, xxialac said:

The only practical setting that you could describe as intimate is the Auditori and it would have surely already been mentioned if she was there.

Well, I'd Say Ray Ban/Cupra is also much more intimate than Mordor. And since Saturday is crowded with big names I could see her slip there or to the old Primavera stage if the layout is reversed whilst SZA, Mitski, FKA Twigs and Charli XCX do a pop day at Mordor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Well, I'd Say Ray Ban/Cupra is also much more intimate than Mordor. And since Saturday is crowded with big names I could see her slip there or to the old Primavera stage if the layout is reversed whilst SZA, Mitski, FKA Twigs and Charli XCX do a pop day at Mordor

That's a fair comment actually, you're right, and The Smile did of course play there. Would be so much better.

35 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Not impossible but PJ is the second biggest name of that day (right after SZA on the poster), so I would be very surprised if she's not in Mordor.

2 hours ago, pipan said:

You had your chance with Ela Minus at PS 2022 but you obviously chose Jessie Ware (I did the same).

I did both weekends last year and by that last day I was absolutely exhausted, completely destroyed 😅 Jessie was amazing but I'm not sure I could have physically made it over to Ela even if I had wanted to, I was glued to sitting on those steps. 🤣

19 minutes ago, pipan said:

Not impossible but PJ is the second biggest name of that day (right after SZA on the poster), so I would be very surprised if she's not in Mordor.

Indeed, Primavera has the right demographic and she is ready to play in front of 20,000 in London. If she does smaller stages next summer, I think it will be a question of expected attendance more than anything else.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Cupra was my first thought also.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

You could say the same thing about BKS though. She's one of the biggest three names there easily, if not the biggest.

I have zero knowledge of how things work at BKS, but I've never (since 2017) seen anything like that at PS before (2nd biggest name of the day outside Mordor).

1 hour ago, hollyzone said:

I did both weekends last year and by that last day I was absolutely exhausted, completely destroyed 😅 Jessie was amazing but I'm not sure I could have physically made it over to Ela even if I had wanted to, I was glued to sitting on those steps. 🤣

My story isn't that different: Also after both weekends, I felt quite ill that night (I didn't know it yet, but it was indeed covid), so the headachy clash Phoenix / Jessie Ware / Ela Minus somehow resolved itself. I just couldn't make it to Mordor one more time (not even to see Phoenix) and my conscience didn't let me go inside The Warehouse (or what was the name of the indoor stage) to see Ela Minus. So I just stayed outside and selflessly spread my virus particles under the open sky only. However, I wasn't as lucky as you to find a nice cozy stairs sitting (I came there aftere Angele and it was hopelessly packed already). So after watching few of the songs standing above the stairs, on the verge of dying, I just sat down little further away on the ground and watch the screen for the rest of the show. I definitely do not recommend this as a good way of watching a concert. 

Edited by pipan

Looks like you also had the primavariant of Covid 😂 

so many people caught it!!

Pj played Mordor in 2016. 
I would loooove if it was rayban stage a la Smile. was so cosy. 

and finally I stayed with Jessie in 2022. 
my friend went to Ela minus. 
she said she was running late. Technical sound issues. Ela was left all alone to try to fix it. Horrible sound. So very disappointed. Glad I chose Jessie. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, pipan said:

I have zero knowledge of how things work at BKS, but I've never (since 2017) seen anything like that at PS before (2nd biggest name of the day outside Mordor).

True. They did try to put Jamie XX in a tiny 200 person room for Ciutat so they are not averse sometimes to not play by the rules. Putting Pet Shop Boys in tiny Apolo was also pretty mental and illogical (they packed out the O2 last year).

1 hour ago, ibo said:

Looks like you also had the primavariant of Covid 😂 

so many people caught it!!

Pj played Mordor in 2016. 
I would loooove if it was rayban stage a la Smile. was so cosy. 

and finally I stayed with Jessie in 2022. 
my friend went to Ela minus. 
she said she was running late. Technical sound issues. Ela was left all alone to try to fix it. Horrible sound. So very disappointed. Glad I chose Jessie. 

Thanks, didn't know this. Well, Ela was disappointing and I'll see Phoenix next year, so the history showed that Jessie Ware actually was the best choice (maybe right after hotel bed).

11 minutes ago, Kusy said:

Geez. I know that there is more than meets the eye when booking, but how could they not grab things like DCFC, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem and Jane's Addiction as they tour Europe? 

I was convinced the LCD omission was due to them being in Europe in August. But now they've announced ireland for June (albeit, late June) 

It still may not work time wise, but it is a little unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, Kusy said:

Geez. I know that there is more than meets the eye when booking, but how could they not grab things like DCFC, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem and Jane's Addiction as they tour Europe? 

Maybe because they've been booked at another time of the year? It doesn't make sense to book all artists in 5 days and have nothing else in Barcelona for the year. Also all the "missing" bands suggested here are not very diverse. You can't have more than 3-4 headliners like that unless you change the scope of the festival.