Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

10 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Even tho she's going to Mad Cool, I don't think it's impossible. Didn't the Arctic Monkeys go to both Mad Cool and Primavera in 2018?

Exception makes the rule kinda situation. Its not per se impossible if the act demands radius clauses to be excluded from contracts. Don't think it would be plausible for Dua Lipa, one reason AM did this, might have been that they work well at fests but back then wouldn't fill arenas safely.

Just now, StaggerLee92 said:

Rio babel to release artists tomorrow as well, and it takes place in Madrid the 1st of June. They have already confirmed Green Day so I'm guessing they are a possibility for primavera as well (other artists may be going to both I suppose)image.png.0d0af842643b54ed2ef5d895ae287dad.png

Greed Day won't be at Primavera, Gabi's confirmed it already.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wonder how many shows she'll have lined up for the whole tour.

Actually, wonder if she's got another UK date. Surely would have to be her own show; if she could sell 50,000 in a heartbeat at BST Hyde Park, there's probably nowhere else to go festival-wise in the UK that she wouldn't consider beneath her.

23 minutes ago, pipan said:

Updated list of "confirmed" artists (by all leakers, no credibility check has been made):

100 Gecs

American Football

Bikini Kill

Camera Obscura

Death Cab For Cutie

Devo

Dua Lipa

Jane's Addiction

Kylie Minogue

Lana Del Rey

Mitski

PJ Harvey

The Armed

The National

The Smile

Troye Sivan

It'd be really impressive if somehow none of them were there. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

Rio babel to release artists tomorrow as well, and it takes place in Madrid the 1st of June. They have already confirmed Green Day so I'm guessing they are a possibility for primavera as well (other artists may be going to both I suppose)

image.png.0d0af842643b54ed2ef5d895ae287dad.png

Green Day is playing a "Road to Rio Babel" Show though, so probably its no rea connection to the fest but yust PR from its booking team who is also the show promoter for Green Day.

As they have very Spanish heavy Line Ups, I'D say this hints at a big Spanish/Latin Act being announced at both fests tomorrow. Might in the end actually be Karol G

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Green Day is playing a "Road to Rio Babel" Show though, so probably its no rea connection to the fest but yust PR from its booking team who is also the show promoter for Green Day.

As they have very Spanish heavy Line Ups, I'D say this hints at a big Spanish/Latin Act being announced at both fests tomorrow. Might in the end actually be Karol G

That's what I was thinking about. Acts like Rauw Alejandro could also be a possibility. I guess Bad Bunny is a bit too big, not for Primavera but for Rio Babel.

4 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Come on guys, one more time:

Taylor is not coming because she's too big and logistically it's almost impossible

Green Day, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters are not coming because they don't fit at all in this type of festival 

QOTSA are not coming because Gabi has a beef with them!?

Hope we don't mention these names anymore 

+ Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Come on guys, one more time:

Taylor is not coming because she's too big and logistically it's almost impossible

Green Day, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters are not coming because they don't fit at all in this type of festival 

QOTSA are not coming because Gabi has a beef with them!?

Hope we don't mention these names anymore 

Totally agree on Green Day etc. but I'm still afraid that Taylor Swift might be on the line-up...

Edit: But I won't mention her name again!

Edited by frankburns

Taylor absolutely is not headlining. Dates work and that is it, nothing in the realm of possibility suggests she is headlining. Just as likely to have The Beatles / Led Zeppelin co-heading.

However, I probably won't rule out maybe she does Dressner a favour and perhaps comes out for The Alcot. Very, very, very unlikely but not impossible.