Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Find a 24h coworking that does day passes and sleep in a phone booth (only half joking).

24h Gyms would be an option, too, just pretend you are weightlifting

Or rent a carsharing car, get it, end the rental and re-rent it in the morning to get out.

I mean there is tons of options that ar complicated, uncomfortable, impractical or dangerous if you prefer to not take care of things early enough

Edited by Quadrophobia

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

24h Gyms would be an option, too, just pretend you are weightlifting

Or rent a carsharing car, get it, end the rental and re-rent it in the morning to get out.

I mean there is tons of options that ar complicated, uncomfortable, impractical or dangerous if you prefer to not take care of things early enough

And don't forget a Primavera Sound ticket also comes with 5 hours of free sleep in the Auditori each day.

• Upvote 1

The posts on the subreddit have actually been painful this year. No problem with first timers asking questions Google can answer as that's always gonna happen. Instead it's a non-stop barrage of really silly questions to be asking this last minute or just totally non-important questions about queuing to get to the barricade.

Hoping it doesn't disturb the more relaxed approach most people have at Primavera. Going to do everything in my power to avoid the main stage on the Friday. Got a feeling it's going to feel like a totally different festival.

• Like 1

The Primavera Sound team just deleted the post announcing L'Impératrice's concert at the end of this year, and the last post directly related to the festival was posted two days ago... i really feel there's a chance we might get the schedules today. Practically they haven't posted anything today on ig 
Edited by diancieprince

Just now, BA_Barrabus said:

yeah totally agree, plus the weird (imo) desire to meet up with strangers from only the demo you come from

Yeah surely that defeats the point of traveling abroad for a festival. To each their own I guess.

9 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

The posts on the subreddit have actually been painful this year. No problem with first timers asking questions Google can answer as that's always gonna happen. Instead it's a non-stop barrage of really silly questions to be asking this last minute or just totally non-important questions about queuing to get to the barricade.

Hoping it doesn't disturb the more relaxed approach most people have at Primavera. Going to do everything in my power to avoid the main stage on the Friday. Got a feeling it's going to feel like a totally different festival.

image.thumb.png.7747e7cdc59c32a0afb5c6739b6fdd2f.png

Gnarler was this you 😃?

1 hour ago, Thedestroyer said:

You may get a bargain ticket but will be paying a lot more in accommodation and travel costs unless you are a Barcelona resident already.

well, that's why I booked cheap accommodation (single room, private bathroom, 5 nights for a total 315 EUR) last year and only got the weekend ticket last week for 160 EUR from a guy on reddit. isn't it a massive win? 😄

Edited by red___90

Did a little trip back through the forum for the last two iterations and both '22 and '23 dropped on Thursdays ('22 two weeks prior and '23 three weeks prior) and both in around 3 - 4.30 BST, so whilst I agree re the arbitrary nature of it being truly 2 weeks out in relation to what they said, they do seem to have form.

PJ Harvey on Steve Albini:

He was a funny man as well as being kind, intelligent and charming. I was drawn to him and his mystery, and my sadness at his death makes me realise how much I valued and loved this man. I feel lucky to have walked alongside him for a short while on this earth.”

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Jaypers. That’s extreme. 

I need 3 showers a day in that Barcelona heat. Cant fathom sleeping in a f**king park with no facilities!

Same. I'm living here now and I've already been using the aircon for the past week and I'm getting sweaty at times just sitting outside or on the balcony, not even moving lol.

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

The hotels are chunky money these days to be fair. I’m lucky as a Spanish resident I can get to Barca for peanuts. But I do my conkers on the hotels.  I’m a boujie 39 year old now so can’t slum it in hostels etc anymore 😀

I totted it up last year and I could have gone on a nice holiday to Asia for what we spent at Primavera.

Yeah I am also past the point of hostels or sharing with randoms 😂 it's not cheap for me the price is what it is. And my group was the same... usually it would be no questions asked, they'd be there. This year though they're either saving their money for something else or simply the lineup wasn't strong enough for them.

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

I'm seeing posts from people asking for the time should they arrive. Surely doing a bit of research in the Reddit itself or checking old timetables would be enough. But no they need someone to spoon feed them everything step by step. Anyway it's only a very small number out of thousands who will be a lot more relaxed I hope.

I'm expecting the Lana fans to have no festival etiquette whatsoever based on the Reddit posts, but then again we have one of these acts every year and the overall vibe is still always very good. Most attendees are there for the overall quality and depth of the lineup.