I need a ticket for my mum!

phil0s

Basically my mum finally got a ticket after wanting to come for years. She planned on going with her sister, but the ticket didn't come through. So she feels like she's going on her own.

I've tried absolutely everything to get a ticket for her sister but so far I just can't get one.

Does anyone have a way in for a 65 year old!?

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, phil0s said:

Basically my mum finally got a ticket after wanting to come for years. She planned on going with her sister, but the ticket didn't come through. So she feels like she's going on her own.

I've tried absolutely everything to get a ticket for her sister but so far I just can't get one.

Does anyone have a way in for a 65 year old!?

What do you mean the ticket didn't come through?

If it wasn't delivered then get proof from Royal Mail, and contact See Tickets, who will arrange for a replacement to be available at the box office for collection. 

If there was never a legit ticket purchased, then there are ways, but they're super risky and other people are better placed to give you more info.

29 minutes ago, phil0s said:

Super risky but better sounds good. Please tell.

The ticket just didn't get ordered. We all got one somehow, but in the actual order the last one just randomly didn't go through. So my mum is flying solo.

Ahh mate that sucks, similar boat here, have a family member that wants to come, we ordered 5 tickets in the first sale, could have got him a ticket as the 6th if he'd committed before then!

There's definitely ways to be 'spun in' but I've never done it, nor do I have any contacts... Somebody else may choose to help you, but probably best they PM you rather than do it on the open forum, so keep an eye on those PMs in case anybody picks this up. 🙂

4 hours ago, phil0s said:

The ticket just didn't get ordered. We all got one somehow, but in the actual order the last one just randomly didn't go through. So my mum is flying solo.

How is that even possible? You buy tickets in groups of up to 6, it isn’t possible for one to randomly not go through, unless that particular registration was locked, which would only happen if somebody else was also trying for that person as well and had managed to buy them a ticket. If that was the case you’d then have to actively remove that registration from the booking so you could precede with the booking for the rest of your tickets, so you’d know exactly why it hadn’t gone through. The other reason may be if you’d got their postcode or Reg number wrong, but again, you’d know this at the time and you’d have to actively remove those details from the booking to proceed with the rest, so it wouldn’t just be a case of a booking just mysteriously not going through. 

If I’d got through and managed to get a group of people Glastonbury tickets and one of them “just didn’t go through” I’d be on at See tickets and Glastonbury day and night because there is absolutely no reason for that to happen other than the above. That’s not how the system works.

Edited by Jose Pose
  • Upvote 1

There are several hundred thousand people who didn't get tickets, please let us know your xfactor style back story about why we should all help you over than any of those other people? Then the efests ticket booth next to the monorail might be able to get you a spare circus artists ticket -  as long as they can learn to tight rope and juggle on one leg by Thursday

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10

4 hours ago, phil0s said:

But you all got one except her sister? So your mum is not alone..?

10 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

From reading this about 10 timed I think the individual is saying they're all going but their mum. Who is ' flying solo' at home.

Anyway. Buy a twix.

No the mum got a ticket, but the Aunties ticket “mysteriously disappeared from the order” so now they’re trying to blag a free ticket for the Aunty as they’re seemingly not willing to keep their own mum company.

Edited by Jose Pose

5 hours ago, phil0s said:

As in, you’ve got confirmation but the ticket hasn’t turned up? 

Unless you’ve got the money for a hospitality ticket, don’t bother.

There are other ways to get in, but they aren’t guaranteed, and Auntie will probably spend the entire festival worried about being ejected for not having a wristband. The stress really isn’t worth it for Auntie or your Mum.

You should concentrate on making it a special weekend for your Mum and the rest of your group that have tickets.