BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

At camp while there's acts happening?

I can't really talk. I semi dozed through Arctic Monkeys in my tent after only intending to quickly head back for something that I'd forgotten. And I've forgotten what that was now.

Quite enjoyed that rapper on Other. Who? Missed the strapline. Stryper?

Went back to regroup at about 7.30pm before heading into The Park for Leftfield who were on straight after.

Had a couple of drinks and liveners whilst listening to the Pretenders set

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Didn’t notice Axl Roses voice being that bad when I was in the crowd!

As I posted elsewhere I thought his timing was impeccable. Closest replica of what they laid down on tape and released than any of the other headliners.

The man that can make the one syllable words "door" or "yeah" into twenty plus syllable words. Vocal vibrato virtuoso.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Saw the last 30 mins or so - probably about time she should retire!

No. She still rocks afaic. Hate to think I may have missed my last chance to see them. Not often I downvote. You're lucky I'm out of votey things.

Who's this bloke wearing an all white feather outfit? White is a brave choice on the farm. 

Edited by MrZigster

5 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

No. She still rocks afaic. Hate to think I may have missed my last chance to see them. Not often I downvote. You're lucky I'm out of votey things.

Who's this bloke wearing an all white feather outfit? White is a brave choice on the farm. 

Lil Nas X - saw him as default being there pre EJ - didn’t get it at all tbh! 

• Upvote 1

So that's who LNX is then.

Got so into Pinball Wizard there. Great opener. Not played for a decade by Reg.

Possibly the third time at least played on that stage though?

Pete Townshend song innit.

Where were the DM boots?

Edit: First Elton footage I've watched since being back,

Edited by MrZigster

On 7/1/2023 at 12:12 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have the Beeb used drones before?

That shot swooping up from behind El Pointo as Reg was starting was amazing.

First year they used drones. Major fests just started to implement them last year and now its getting a bit better in regards as to how theyre used. Will be interesting to see them use it at Other, West Holts or Park stage. 

this is how they got used in april over here in this fashion but during sets they did similar things to how it was for elton. Well the bjork one and blackpink drone shows were a whole other level too. Sadly a lot of the clips just got pulled.

Watching Queens of the Stone Age on iplayer atm and wow they smashed it.

Unfortunately, their time has gone but would have put on a good pyramid headline set.

I wonder if the festival was on in 2018 if they would have been given a shot. Can’t remember exactly but seem to recall them getting decent festival slots back then

On 6/26/2023 at 8:04 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Yep I agree with this. He smashed it, shocked me how good his voice was & looked as good as his Bestival headline set 10 years ago (& that was amazing!)

The guests were all a bit dull though and letting Stephen Sanchez play his own song was a choice. The Dua song is fine, but he probably should have dropped that if he couldn’t get her to appear. 

I wished he’d just sung his original version of Sacrifice as she wasn’t appearing. He did Rocket man separately so he could have done Sacrifice properly and just shown his own back catalogue but I guess they felt they needed to throw the recent hit in.

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cold Heart has been in his encore for all his shows since he got back on the road.

Which is why I suspect he wasn't too concerned about getting Dua Lipa in person, he had the pre-recorded vocals and visual stuff all ready to go.

Cold Heart is also on the Pyramid version of Diamonds he put out straight afterwards.

• 4 months later...

Well that was just awesome!

I'm just gagging to get through to See tomorrow* now.

Now they're showing Blondie at the BBC for the next hour.

I meant to get a good night's sleep tonight* for tomorrows* madness.

*Technically today now. It's not tomorrow until you've slept/been to bed.

Six hours kip will be enough right?