BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Ultimately it’s now three headline shows out of three which have been at best divisive and at worst outright embarrassing. Doubtful they’ll get another chance now, surely. 

First two were magic. I was there for both and won't hear otherwise. 

This tonight I will concede hasn't been good though. Far too flat for Glasto headline.

Edited by Benjsh

2 minutes ago, mb23 said:

Very fair point.

They definitely won't be touring in June ever again though 😂

Been to their last four tours and aside from this one, none of the tours were in festival season. Again, guessing it's not easy to schedule a tour but I can't ever seeing them touring in the summer ever again after this.

They can tour whenever they please but i think since they chose to do stadiums it changes the time frame. And north america is later in the year so they couldnt even have done it in late aigust.

why isnt anyone changing the feed to Fever Ray. Prob much more fun

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Ultimately it’s now three headline shows out of three which have been at best divisive and at worst outright embarrassing. Doubtful they’ll get another chance now, surely. 

I thought 2007 and 2013 were excellent?! What was divisive about them?

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I was at 2013 and loved it. This is a lot worse. 

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If they keep selling shed loads of records they'll come back. If they go the way of Travis & stop selling, they won't. It's as simple as that as far as Glasto headliners go. How sh*t they are doesn't come into it - see Ed Sheeran! 😃

1 minute ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

The end of mirrorball has made me sad. He’ll get slaughtered for that but its cause his voice is f**ked.

i agree they should have just hit the greatest hits

hope he smashes 505 out the park

Do you like 505 sung about half a bar out of time for the whole song? I hope you do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crumbler said:

AM ultimately have their heads too far up their own arses to ever turn in the kind of crowd pleasing set that would cement them as Glasto heroes.

I don't think we should tarnish the whole band. I'm sure they all know Alex is a twat as well

Just now, crumbler said:

AM ultimately have their heads too far up their own arses to ever turn in the kind of crowd pleasing set that would cement them as Glasto legends.

It must only be the guaranteed £££ that’s keeping Matt, Jamie and Nick in the band anymore. I’m sure they’re fully aware of the parody Alex has sadly turned them into, but they just can’t walk away for the money the band generates. 

Just now, Benjsh said:

His voice is definitely struggling more now. They should have cancelled. Ruining 505.

Yeah, I can't say I disagree with this sadly. He keeps doing this weird tempo thing and it's impossible to sing along. 

OK, it's just improved 

10 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Isn’t 2013 generally regarded to be one of their best ever performances?

I watched all 3 sets live on tv and I loved the previous 2 but this is underwhelming compared to the previous performances.

My problem is that I can't tell whether it's Alex's modern singing style, or whether he's still ill? I saw them live at Leeds fest last year and thought they were decent...

That version of 505 was nowhere near the 2013 version, nor any other time I've seen them.