BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

Just now, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Let's be honest though, they could have come out and smashed it and they would have still got pelters on here. 

Don’t agree with this, at least from my side anyway. I thought they’d step it up for Glastonbury and crowd please a bit, but it appears to just be the same old complaints people have had about their live shows. 

17 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

It definitely felt like the right thing to do that night, but my decision to leave U2 early to watch Primal Scream is up there with the best decisions i've made at Glastonbury

I wish id left early and done anything, worst thing I've seen at Glastonbury

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Let's be honest though, they could have come out and smashed it and they would have still got pelters on here. 

I wouldn't be giving them pelters - I like them a lot, but they feel a bit off so far tonight. Only half way through, so maybe it will pick up?

After all, the first hour of Macca last year was f**king abysmal - I don't care what anyone else says!

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

I wouldn't be giving them pelters - I like them a lot, but they feel a bit off so far tonight. Only half way through, so maybe it will pick up?

After all, the first hour of Macca last year was f**king abysmal - I don't care what anyone else says!

Did Macca get any better? We went to bed 😴

The really frustrating thing is that they have a great setlist and performance still in them if they wanted to deliver it, you can see it in glimpses. 
But the more people want it, the more Alex seems reluctant to deliver. He surely knows nobody wants to listen to his new style - and it’s really baffling they’re sticking with it for so long now. I can even understand the change of direction on their studio albums, but live shows should be for the crowd. 

Edited by st dan
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I agree, we bailed and went to Jamie T (who was my highlight that year) 

5 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I just dont understand people saying Macca was shite, i thought he was incredible (old man voice taking into consideration)

Just now, TheHairBlairBunch said:

I just dont understand people saying Macca was shite, i thought he was incredible (old man voice taking into consideration)

I think the issue with Macca was his setlist, not enough hits in the first half of the set, even if hed just added a couple of big hits early on it'd have got the crowd onside earlier on