Bearded Theory 2024

14 minutes ago, shi said:

The more I read, the more it sounds utterly screwed....haven't had vibes like this since sunrise 2008. Total carnage. Eeek.

Anyone got any site photos? 

Seen a few pictures on twitter but not many. 

Do will think cars will be able to access tomorrow good people? 

So the rain has stopped and only the convoy cabaret and tea tent are open tonight.

the woodlands and main arena have had no foot traffic so hopefully they might drain off for tomorrow.

just wet sloppy mud not the type that pulls your welly off.

The problem seems to be getting in the festival, once you are in its not a big problem getting around.

A dry spell for a few hours could change everthing.

5 hours ago, Benway said:

That doesn't sound good mate . Were there dogs? And did you get a pat down ?

Also did they unravel sleeping bags ?

This was going into the stage area not camping. They just opened my bag. No dogs or pat down. 

• Thanks 1

Just been for a bimble around the site

It is drying up

The real problem is the car parks, I didn't make it far from the entrance at 8pm last night,  a handful of cara had tried and just given up

Ground is fine in most of our campsite

As a non advocate,  I'm currently calling this one for the Welly boot brigade,

Whilst most of the site is walking boots capable, peak points can be ankle high

Please do as they say,

As painful as that is,  but that was some heavy rainfall,

Don't rush here, give the ground a chance

Prepare for long waits

And we are gonna have a brilliant time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kagey said:

Just been for a bimble around the site

It is drying up

The real problem is the car parks, I didn't make it far from the entrance at 8pm last night,  a handful of cara had tried and just given up

Ground is fine in most of our campsite

As a non advocate,  I'm currently calling this one for the Welly boot brigade,

Whilst most of the site is walking boots capable, peak points can be ankle high

Please do as they say,

As painful as that is,  but that was some heavy rainfall,

Don't rush here, give the ground a chance

Prepare for long waits

And we are gonna have a brilliant time

Appreciate the early update. In terms of long waits, do you think this will be getting on to the car park or getting into the actual festival through the entrance? Or both? Getting the coach down, no idea if drop off point has changed but can't imagine they'll want them heading into the car park.

Just now, kagey said:

Coaches should be fine, 

You might have to walk a bit further,   the actual entrance was ok, main path was slushy

Is that walk from car to camp OK? Need to know if to pack cart or not

Wondering if they will use the camper field on opposite side of the road today to give other a chance to dry?

I was in there one year it was fine not exactly long walk extra couple of minutes. 

We planned to leave North West at 7am this morning but not rushing now will see if any mid morning updates.

Just really want to watch Sprints this evening. 

Completed final run to the car

It is "better" however still an ankle deep river running through the middle, that they'll need to get cars passed to the parking area which is fine

I left my car were it is...as its not stuck

20 mins relaxed walk to car and back to campsite, how ever they hadn't let any new cars into the car park, haven't heard how traffic management will controlled

Plenty of carts being used. Again slushy in peak places, our Glasto veteren trolleys coped just fine

The river is running very high!

Patience and all will be good!

Staff are all very friendly and working hard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Popsider75 said:

Wondering if they will use the camper field on opposite side of the road today to give other a chance to dry?

I was in there one year it was fine not exactly long walk extra couple of minutes. 

We planned to leave North West at 7am this morning but not rushing now will see if any mid morning updates.

Just really want to watch Sprints this evening. 

They have used all the fields- even the overflow ones with no toilets or showers. The main field is ok on raised bits- however ankle deep water in the dips. 

Ah lads it sounds desperate. So sorry for ye. Hate when the weather Gods let loose on festival weekend. I'm sure ye'll dig in and get the best out of the weekend. 

Edited by Stillill42

4 minutes ago, Festimadmum said:

Woodland stage is going to be kept closed and bands on Convoy Cabaret. Pallet stage still closed off- not sure what time will be opening 

Makes total sense. Keeps Woodland area free untouched for another day and also solves the Sprints and Soft Play clash that some were worried about. 

image.thumb.png.cff3e5db5b470c276cd71d1fd4b995cd.pngJust arrived on site in camper. We are in this field and absolutely no problems getting in due to the stones up road you see just below our position. The field below this one through the hedge towards to arena is currently empty so I guess they fill this next. When we drove past the fields on the other side looked a bit more hazardous with vans dotted about. 
Can’t believe how easy it all was!!! 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lazyred said:

Today's set time changes on their facebook page. Bonus for me I can see Sprints and Soft Play now

Screenshot_20240523_124025_Chrome.jpg

I've updated the Clashfinder with these times, I'm not going but happy to update it if someone has pictures of the set times! 

• Like 3