Bearded Theory 2024

17 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I like this one - though might need to bring extra winter woolies.

image.thumb.png.b0caabc248eb7269987cdf1f9ea221f2.png

Sticking with the Met Office (only up to Friday so far). Just to be on the safe side, I've re-waterproofed my coat.

549692302_Screenshot_20240518_180405_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.350dd4f518dd94de857a02480baeb020.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I like this one - though might need to bring extra winter woolies.

image.thumb.png.b0caabc248eb7269987cdf1f9ea221f2.png

If its anything close to that it'll be a bonus...

The forecasts are all over the place the last few weeks so taking them with a pinch of salt. 

5 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Fkme, down to five degrees at night! That’s hot water bottle territory! 

I'll have to put the heating on in the caravan! 

16 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Get out there and do some tribute dances to the weather gods and blow as hard as you can to the east.

Fk off am off to bed

• Like 1

Family illness so now can't go, I can't describe how gutted I am as this was my first time taking my van.

However, I have listed on Twickets separately my campervan, weekend camping, early entry Wednesday, car park and memorabilia tickets if you know of anyone who's interested.

Hope you all have a blinder you lovely lucky people

x

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, justanotheronethen said:

Family illness so now can't go, I can't describe how gutted I am as this was my first time taking my van.

However, I have listed on Twickets separately my campervan, weekend camping, early entry Wednesday, car park and memorabilia tickets if you know of anyone who's interested.

Hope you all have a blinder you lovely lucky people

x

Hope whoever is ill recovers.

I am sure the CV ticket will fly out, hope the rest do as well.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hope whoever is ill recovers.

I am sure the CV ticket will fly out, hope the rest do as well.

Thank you 👍

The CV ticket sold within 5 mins of being approved, nice one Twickets 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, justanotheronethen said:

Thank you 👍

The CV ticket sold within 5 mins of being approved, nice one Twickets 

There are some bargain hunters commenting on Facebook that they are hoping people will soon take lower offers!!!!!

Depending on how low you are willing to sell one of those vultures will grab them.

I am happy to share a link to ypour listing with them if you want.

34 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

There are some bargain hunters commenting on Facebook that they are hoping people will soon take lower offers!!!!!

Depending on how low you are willing to sell one of those vultures will grab them.

I am happy to share a link to ypour listing with them if you want.

More than happy - thanks very much mate!

Getting somewhere near asking price is the only thing stopping me from being utterly depressed at the moment.

I had to bail out of the FB group months back, I didn't really fit in with my attitude lol

23 minutes ago, justanotheronethen said:

More than happy - thanks very much mate!

Getting somewhere near asking price is the only thing stopping me from being utterly depressed at the moment.

I had to bail out of the FB group months back, I didn't really fit in with my attitude lol

Have you got the link I need to share.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Have you got the link I need to share.

Sorry, just been down the park. Here it is:

https://www.twickets.live/en/event/1699773442074611712

Thanks again. Will buy you a pint if I I break the curse and get to a festival again 👍

Who are people most looking forward to?

For me it's Jane's Addiction but from lower down the bill I can't wait to see The Big Special, absolutely loving their new album.

Well, my Bearded Theory is over.  I'm in hospital so just about to put my tickets up on twickets. Gutted. 

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

For me it's Jane's Addiction but from lower down the bill I can't wait to see The Big Special, absolutely loving their new album.

Good call on the Big Special, just listened to them, definitely worth seeing. 

I want to see Peat & Diesel, determined to see Dexys (unsure if they’ll be fantastic or dreadful), Penetration (Because I met Pauline Murray recently), Old Time Sailors for fun, Jane’s Addiction, probably Future Islands, etc.

Clashes permitting, my must sees are Pip Blom, Bodega, Dexys, Viji, Girl Scout and Les Savy Fav*

Bar sleeford mods id go and see all the headliners! Very solid lineup overall. 

*frontman always puts on a show!!

I know people have discussed it on here, but is there a particular part of Walton woods that is more accommodating for those wanting a later night without pissing off others? Or very much a case of pick your neighbours wisely? 

It’s our first time at Bearded so want to make sure we pick a good, and wise, place to set up!

Big special, dry cleaning, dutty moonshine big band and orbital for me. Bit of roni size and English teacher too and never seen future islands either 😁

18 minutes ago, bexj said:

Well, my Bearded Theory is over.  I'm in hospital so just about to put my tickets up on twickets. Gutted. 

Sorry to hear that, hope it's nothing too serious 😢

5 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

BBC weather forecast is dire, hope this changes. Met Office looking tasty though so I will go with that. 

New models will be done at 9am so forecasts will change over the morning. From what I saw yesterday all suggest worst will miss the site but the BBC always sticks rain everywhere - if you look at their pretty map below the daily stuff it shows little or no rain anywhere.

• Like 1