Bearded Theory 2024

10 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Ground a little soggy in places but holding up, there's been rain since I got here yesterday! 

This week Thursday into Friday looks quite wet which will not help however after than signs are that it will dry and in the day will be quite  abit of sun shine which will help to dry it out - there wuill be some rain but apart from Saturday PM not much.

Actual festival weather till far too early to tell but before that, a fair to good chance of the ground having good drying weather

13 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

I'm a first timer for Bearded Theory this year. How well has the site held up in the past if the weather's been a little unkind?

It holds up well. Of course there will be mud if it rains but not awful. The only place where is might get worse, unless they have sorted it which they might, is a small area in the Woodland.

Walking boots and wellies re always advised though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Not yet arrived at a festy without them!

Cheers for putting the clashfinder together.

Pleasure - it is of course lots of guesses but lots will also be right as based on last year but always buy the programme when you get there for totally accurate set times.

This year has been harder to guess cos Meadow has one more act a day and CODA is all new.

Welcome to the single best festival there is - just realise you will be back next year 🙂

1 hour ago, Kurosagi said:

Wanted to come for years, but it's taken me this long (and buying a little campervan) to persuade my other half to 'brave' a festival in May.

Presumably a good choice of veggie food on site?

Loads of veggie food - sadly a Sri Lankan stall is not there this year though as that was lush and a half but there is still loads.

9 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

Wanted to come for years, but it's taken me this long (and buying a little campervan) to persuade my other half to 'brave' a festival in May.

Presumably a good choice of veggie food on site?

I'm veggie and have been spoilt for choice mate. Bearded has been our 'must do' festival of choice for last few years. Small but lovely site, take your own booze (but great bars), fab music...best of all once of the friendliest festival crowds you could hope for. You're in for an amazing weekend. Can get a bit parky at night though so bang in an extra quilt!

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This week Thursday into Friday looks quite wet which will not help however after than signs are that it will dry and in the day will be quite  abit of sun shine which will help to dry it out - there wuill be some rain but apart from Saturday PM not much.

Actual festival weather till far too early to tell but before that, a fair to good chance of the ground having good drying weather

You also need to take into account the ground taking a lot of useage on the build during wet weather, some areas wont recover that great even if dry for a few days. 

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

You also need to take into account the ground taking a lot of useage on the build during wet weather, some areas wont recover that great even if dry for a few days. 

Did you not know it is your job to move the wet soil away and replace with dry soil?

I am getting more info all the time for the Clashfinder and will keep updating it - I changed a lot early yesterday morning after getting some info.

This year I am arriving Wednesday so the last updates will be done either last thing Tuesday night or early Weds am before we leave. If I get anything after that it will not be added cos I am offline as soon as I arrive..............................

As always, buy the programme anyway - I do and even did last year despite knowing what I had on the clashfinder was 100% correct.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2024

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, deadponyclub said:

Oxfam volunteering spots now showing for Bearded Theory if anyone is looking for one....

Some friends normally do. But ( assuming it's the SAME volunteer slots) they'd changed the deposit from 50 quid to full ticket price and they could no longer afford to do it. Might be why some are appearing this late, they certainly HAD been planning to go.

2 hours ago, davefb said:

Some friends normally do. But ( assuming it's the SAME volunteer slots) they'd changed the deposit from 50 quid to full ticket price and they could no longer afford to do it. Might be why some are appearing this late, they certainly HAD been planning to go.

Sounds harsh - especially for people with a past history of volunteering and turning up for shifts - could understand for first timers.

15 minutes ago, Jay66 said:

Where are the quieter places to camp, cheers 

Anywhere apart from near the Magic Teapot really.

The site is small but as the crow flies as soon as you enter Walton Woods (the main camping area) there is the quiestest as that is farther away than other areas. You will still hear music so bring earplugs.

34 minutes ago, Jay66 said:

Where are the quieter places to camp, cheers 

What Nobody said is true, but I would suggest family camping, it's a fair size field and is not made up of all families.
Choose an area top left, furthest away from the arena and a lot less foot traffic.

Is anyone else feeling slightly panicked about packing?  I'm starting to think "what the hell do I take?".   This despite the fact that I've done this and other festivals a number of times and have a fully populated spreadsheet of items I took to previous festivals.  I think it's partly because I'm away this weekend so will be packing in full on Monday after work.  

And breathe, everything will be fine.