Bearded Theory 2024

12 minutes ago, czuk said:

Answering my own question here.  I found https://one.network/ and filtered for next 3 months.  There's a possible road closure with diversions on Walton Road just below Stapenhill scheduled April until September so that will probably cause problems.  I guess we'll have to wait until nearer the time.

All part of why there are now limited Wednesday arrival tickets - to spread the traffic out over more time as the councils did not consider events like this when scheduling their works.

The more I listen to the bands lower down the bill the more I am looking forward to it. Surprising amount in the dance tent that appeals this year. 

I can never relax until I have the tent up and this year finally talked some mates into coming with their families so makes me feel even more stressed but it will be worth it. 

If you are not familiar with them massively recommend Big Special (lovely lads too)

Just need DEADLETTER and Clockworks added to the Thursday now and job done. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

10 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

Folk not in The Woods? 

Nope not always. Although she maybe wrong as she couldn't get name exact when I asked her! Folk is Sarurday in Woods, not all weekend. There was some folk tinged stuff in Meadow last year too.

4 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Nope not always. Although she maybe wrong as she couldn't get name exact when I asked her! Folk is Sarurday in Woods, not all weekend. There was some folk tinged stuff in Meadow last year too.

We've had Show of Hands and various Scottish guitar-driven folkers on the Main Stage back in the day, but the Woods is where I think folk sits best. Personally the whole line is fascinating, but not as much folk as hoped for. 

1 hour ago, timespeedsup said:

We've had Show of Hands and various Scottish guitar-driven folkers on the Main Stage back in the day, but the Woods is where I think folk sits best. Personally the whole line is fascinating, but not as much folk as hoped for. 

Yeah I was hoping for more but there is enough. Woodland suits folk more, Beth Orton felt a little lost on Pallet last year but I guess she is too big for a smaller stage.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:24 PM, Popsider75 said:

Wont be able to make the Wednesday will have to take a chance with the Thursday am traffic

You'll be fine, gates are at 09:00 - 21:00. 

On 4/1/2024 at 2:54 PM, Popsider75 said:

Wont be able to make the Wednesday will have to take a chance with the Thursday am traffic.

Same as that. Mrs putz has a course the day before. Heading up from the south early doors Thursday. Might have stopped raining by then.

Maybe. 

43 minutes ago, Karlhippy said:

Already starting to think about logistics: trolley [walks from car park], beer, food, tent, big jumpers, etc

I do it every year, I suppose it's all about the build up to the festival.

Can't wait to see you mate 

8 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

So, budding meteorologists out there (or professionals).. we are only 5 weeks away..

What's the latest forecast.?

This coming weekend will be warmer and sunnier.

After that the best guess is a return to more unsettled but drier overall weatgher.

Currently there are no signs of any prolonged warm dry weather but more than 2 weeks ahead things can and do change lots.

The good news is the ground is drying and will continue to do so.