Bearded Theory 2024

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

New models will be done at 9am so forecasts will change over the morning. From what I saw yesterday all suggest worst will miss the site but the BBC always sticks rain everywhere - if you look at their pretty map below the daily stuff it shows little or no rain anywhere.

Legend and fingers crossed. Missed last year due to wedding and really hoping for some dry days if possible 🤞🏻

Does anyone know what time the bars etc will be open on the Wednesday? presume you can pitch up from 9am? i wont be there till near 3pm, wondered if bars are open, or is it just milling at the camp till 5pm?

1 hour ago, bexj said:

Well, my Bearded Theory is over.  I'm in hospital so just about to put my tickets up on twickets. Gutted. 

sorry to hear this, hope you are ok

1 minute ago, Perks said:

Does anyone know what time the bars etc will be open on the Wednesday? presume you can pitch up from 9am? i wont be there till near 3pm, wondered if bars are open, or is it just milling at the camp till 5pm?

Was wondering that myself, along with the food stalls. Not sure but would guess probably only the Woodland bar might be open on the Weds? Maybe another one if we are lucky. 

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Who are people most looking forward to?

For me it's Jane's Addiction but from lower down the bill I can't wait to see The Big Special, absolutely loving their new album.

Yeah Janes for me too, never seen them, so really looking to them, main stage, FD, Jim Bob and Bob Vylan i'll be there,  loads of lower down the bill stuff too

I think it will be Killing Moon on the Woodland Walkway and the Woodlands Bar open on Wednesday, at a guess from mid afternoon.

Food traders along Woodland Walkway along towards Meadow/Campsite will probably be open too, along with the campsite ones...  

Convoy is open too.

Main Arena will be fenced off.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I think it will be Killing Moon on the Woodland Walkway and the Woodlands Bar open on Wednesday, at a guess from mid afternoon.

Food traders along Woodland Walkway along towards Meadow/Campsite will probably be open too, along with the campsite ones...  

Convoy is open too.

Thanks, sounds good that

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Convoy is open too.

Do you know, or are you able to find out, if those who have purchased the merch bundle will be able to collect it on Weds from somewhere as the Merch stall will not be open.

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Reckon Big Special will get a big crowd...phenomenal live and the album is amazing. Nice blokes as well! 

i'd like to see em, but FD are on the same(ish) time on the clashfinder, maybe that might change

13 minutes ago, Perks said:

i'd like to see em, but FD are on the same(ish) time on the clashfinder, maybe that might change

Oooph...didnt clock that. FD are a weird one for me, not particularly a fan but seem to catch them at least once or twice a year at festivals and always really enjoy them. Will have to go Big Special though. 

50 minutes ago, Perks said:

I am struggling with some Woodland set times this year. Pallet is just a straight copy from 2023 as was the Woodland but some bands have self confirmed Woodland times and they make not a lot of sense so take with extra pinches of salt.

• Upvote 1

Right I've finally worked out the must sees, probably sees, maybes and definitely nots and transferred them to Clashfinder.  Lots to see but not much I'll be devastated if I miss which is pretty much ideal!  Bring it on!

Packing tonight, after which I'll feel a lot better, I feel a bit panicky at the mo!

5 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Convoy is open too.

Tea Tent is open so there will be access to that, presumably just from the camping field end.

Any chance of a ground condition update? Any boggy spots or is it looking good? TIA.

Edited by gizmoman
question

Apologies if asked before - but we've gone for the campervan option for the first time this year and have a couple of Qs..

- Is it a case of turn up and you have an allocated slot, or a first come first serve kind of deal?

- Is a 25m electric hook-up cable long enough?

- How far from the site are the campervan slots? We drove past a big field last year that seemed neverending

Thanks in advance! Can't wait 🙂

10 minutes ago, calbis_bay said:

Apologies if asked before - but we've gone for the campervan option for the first time this year and have a couple of Qs..

- Is it a case of turn up and you have an allocated slot, or a first come first serve kind of deal?

- How far from the site are the campervan slots? We drove past a big field last year that seemed neverending

I'll assume you are serious,

Slots are filled as you arrive, early arrivals will be nearer the festival entrance (usually), the Trent fields are all pretty close but if you arrive late and end up in Oaklands over the road you will have a bit more of a walk.

No electric points, were you really expecting to have mains electric at a festival?

If you get pitched near the entrance it's a doodle to go back to the van during the day without having to waste a lot of time.BT-Grounds-Map-2024-Recovered-2048x1448.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

Slots are filled as you arrive, early arrivals will be nearer the festival entrance (usually), the Trent fields are all pretty close but if you arrive late and end up in Oaklands over the road you will have a bit more of a walk.

No electric points, were you really expecting to have mains electric at a festival?

If you get pitched near the entrance it's a doodle to go back to the van during the day without having to waste a lot of time.BT-Grounds-Map-2024-Recovered-2048x1448.

Thanks! Going in blind so all advice appreciated.

On the electric point - we've bought a campervan power hook-up and every festival we've been to in the past has been not too dissimilar to what you'd find at a campsite, just wasn't sure if it was the case for Bearded Theory.

Received this email from alt. Tickets:

"Stewards will direct you towards the power hook up field.  At the entrance to the field your hook up vehicle pass ticket will be scanned and exchanged for a vehicle hanger and a campervan window sticker."

Anybody arriving Thursday who needs a hand getting their stuff to the campsite look out for a confused looking Brummie with a big orange cart. I'll be loitering the other side of the wristband exchange from about 9am for an hour or so. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

1 hour ago, calbis_bay said:

51 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

EHU's are in Trent so if you have booked one that's where you will be. I guess the power will be in your pitch which are 7mx6m so the cable is likely long enough.

2 hours ago, calbis_bay said:

Thanks! Going in blind so all advice appreciated.

On the electric point - we've bought a campervan power hook-up and every festival we've been to in the past has been not too dissimilar to what you'd find at a campsite, just wasn't sure if it was the case for Bearded Theory.

Received this email from alt. Tickets:

"Stewards will direct you towards the power hook up field.  At the entrance to the field your hook up vehicle pass ticket will be scanned and exchanged for a vehicle hanger and a campervan window sticker."

Well you live and learn, sincere apologies, didn't realise there was an option for EHU, will certainly make life more comfortable.

Seems you will be in Trent so should be great, not too far to walk.

7 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Reckon Big Special will get a big crowd...phenomenal live and the album is amazing. Nice blokes as well! 

I've had "Never in a million f**king years..." going round my head all week. 

Send help.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Perks said:

Bars

This year we will be operating 6 bars throughout the main festival arena, serving at all the main stages. The bars will be open from midday, Wednesday to Sunday. You will be allowed to bring your own alcohol into the arena, but we ask that you please help to support the festival to keep the ticket price down by spending money at the bars. Brewer information can be found here:

https://tinyurl.com/bdvwrcw6

• Like 1

Well after a general feeling of panic (building up over the last 10 days) I packed in an hour.  Don't know what I was worrying about really!  I have loads of warm stuff for the evening (probably too much but hey ho) and a last minute "sh*t I haven't got any gas for the camping stove".  Amazon comes to the rescue!  But whatever, in the immortal words of Gloria Gaynor " I will survive".

Bring it on!! Can't wait now!

13 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Do you know, or are you able to find out, if those who have purchased the merch bundle will be able to collect it on Weds from somewhere as the Merch stall will not be open.

From Thursday I believe, but I will ask the ?

9 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Tea Tent is open so there will be access to that, presumably just from the camping field end.

Any chance of a ground condition update? Any boggy spots or is it looking good? TIA.

Tea Tent is now on the Woodland Walkway.

Ground still got some boggy spots, Woodlands obvs is taking longer.

8 hours ago, calbis_bay said:

You will be in Trent, on the left hand side next to Accessible for the EHU pitches, 25m will be fine. 

9 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am struggling with some Woodland set times this year. Pallet is just a straight copy from 2023 as was the Woodland but some bands have self confirmed Woodland times and they make not a lot of sense so take with extra pinches of salt.

Try harder 😉