Who the f’ are The Churnups

Traci

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yeah, if there are going to be complaints about overcrowding or crowd control this year I get the feeling this gig will come up.

Going to be an event though.  No two ways about it, this gig and Young fathers later are my biggest regrets not going this year.

Each to their own of course, but there are better things happening on the farm right now than Foo Fighters featuring Rick Astley. 

Edited by kalifire

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Seen one song and that’s enough to know there’s no chance Royal Strop or the Arctics can adequately follow this. Bye 

surely ‘No Son of Mine’ counts as a deep cut despite only being two years old 

Was thinking this. Especially not AM who are notoriously dogshit live.

How have Glastonbury managed to pull off getting one of the biggest bands in the world to accept a 3rd down, broad daylight slot?

4 minutes ago, VCK said:

Was thinking this. Especially not AM who are notoriously dogshit live.

How have Glastonbury managed to pull off getting one of the biggest bands in the world to accept a 3rd down, broad daylight slot?

Guess it makes up for the lack of a crowdpleasing Legend this year 🤷‍♂️ 

Kind of mad though that it took Glastonbury two decades to book the Foos once and now they’ve turned up twice in six years. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Just now, Serenefishy said:

Surprised how many Courteeners songs I know. I think I really imbibed their stuff a decade or so ago when I was going through my “trying to be a lads lad” phase. 

I've can't think of another artist to make forge a career for themselves purely based on where they're from.

I do like quite a bit of "lad rock"/"dark fruits" music but they've just always bored me shitless.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Dave has caught the Glasto bug, the cheese and grain gig a few years ago and flying in just to play a couple of songs last year and obviously loves the place, i bet he'd have played any slot offered to him

1 minute ago, prestonmike said:

Dave has caught the Glasto bug, the cheese and grain gig a few years ago and flying in just to play a couple of songs last year and obviously loves the place, i bet he'd have played any slot offered to him

I guess he needs a new UK festival to love. He was known for adoring Reading and Leeds but I wonder how much nowadays given how that festival has gone down the toilet.