Royal Blood

ahoykatie

6 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

I mean they didnt pain themsleves in a good light but they are better than any pop act ou there if they are not a great rock act.

Rock is on the comeback so hopefully the teeny tot pop lovers can have there own solo little festivals and keep the rock seperate haha

Depends on the definition of pop. Depeche Mode are pop, and they're excellent, for example.

7 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

I mean they didnt pain themsleves in a good light but they are better than any pop act ou there if they are not a great rock act.

Rock is on the comeback so hopefully the teeny tot pop lovers can have there own solo little festivals and keep the rock seperate haha

The fact that rock isn't making a comeback was evidenced by these losers being laughed off the stage.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:46 AM, Alex DeLarge said:

I saw Frank Carter, an act I'm not mad on, win over a packed tent full of Killers fans in 2017, playing less accessible music than Royal Blood. 

Frank Carter's set was ace. I remember him saying something like: "You know how you have that one person you don't like for no reason at all, you just REALLY hate them? We've all got one, and that means you're probably that person to someone else, you horrible b*stards!"

...it was a truly life-affirming moment for me!

1 hour ago, Jack01825 said:

You're not wrong, but, saying any rock act is better than any mainstream pop act on this board is considered sacrilege* and you will be subject to a hundred replies telling you you're an ignorant gammon who only listens to Oasis and you need to acknowledge the subversive and nuanced high art that is mainstream pop music.😛

(* - but only if it's a rock act that aren't forum favourites. Saying Radiohead, Pulp, Springsteen, et al are superior to Billie Eilish or whoever is absolutely fine, it's just if the board doesn't like the rock act, then you are the uncultured gammon)

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

This is a weird thread, f**king hell

Tbf it probably wouldn't have been this weird if it hadn't been for whatever the hell Sunday was. And I like Royal Blood and am happy to see them when they open for Muse in a few weeks (also on Glasto weekend, thinking about it)

I’d never condone having a dig at the crowd like they did at big weekend.

But watch some of the other sets on iplayer, Wet Leg may as well have been playing in front of an empty crowd. In my opinion they absolutely crushed it, crowd may as well have been elsewhere.

As I say doesn’t mean Royal Blood can take a shot but good god the crowd was awful.

Not sure how much their management will’ve had to do with the final decision but they’ve definitely had a bit of a ‘hmm we seem like right c**ts’ moment and decided they needed to get in front of it, despite them doing an incredibly unconvincing job and seeming like they’ve got a gun pointed at them off screen. 

1 hour ago, broken monkey said:

Think Greg James handled this pretty well, didn’t give them an easy time and the Macarena bit was a good punishment. Hopefully can move on with our lives now. 😂

They probably thought no publicity is bad publicity, and this at least gives them a bit more R1 exposure.

33 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Assuming it's a contract thing but surely RB should have said no worries and let stadium filling, recently bereaved, massive act FF play second and move down to third. 

IT was an odd placement anyway let alone with FF now playing before. 

Because then Foo Fighters and Arctics would be co-headlining rather than one of them being a headliner and the other being a special set, as well as the ‘25 years after they first appeared at the farm in the exact same slot’ thing possibly coming in to play. 

And also because then we wouldn’t have the hilarious crowd churn away from the Pyramid before Royal Blood come on. That alone is worth this running order.