Leftfield (The Band)

bigbilly

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

maybe there’s been some miscommunication and he’s playing Stonebridge or something with Leftfield headlining the Park, which makes far more sense. 

I think he’s on a mission to play every major stage in the festival so Park would definitely seem most likely

Pretty gutted, I'll be there (and I suppose and early slot only makes that more likely, which is something) but seems like pretty awful scheduling to me.

Did anyone catch them in 2015 headlining Sonic? Maybe if they didn't get much of a crowd there, that's the reason for a low billing this time around?

1 hour ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

Pretty gutted, I'll be there (and I suppose and early slot only makes that more likely, which is something) but seems like pretty awful scheduling to me.

Did anyone catch them in 2015 headlining Sonic? Maybe if they didn't get much of a crowd there, that's the reason for a low billing this time around?

Folk my age know them due to Leftism etc but do they still that much name value amongst the kids - compared to say Bicep, Overton, Camelphat, etc 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Folk my age know them due to Leftism etc but do they still that much name value amongst the kids - compared to say Bicep, Overton, Camelphat, etc 

Nah not at all. Lots of people here seem to think they’re on the same level as Chems and other 90’s electronic acts but the fact is they’re a total dinosaur act that most younger people couldn’t care less about or haven’t even heard of. 

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah not at all. Lots of people here seem to think they’re on the same level as Chems and other 90’s electronic acts but the fact is they’re a total dinosaur act that most younger people couldn’t care less about or haven’t even heard of. 

Agree that a lot of younger peeps wont have heard them. Not sure on dinasuar act though. 

Daniel Avery dropped this as his last tune in San Remo last year and the place was rocking

1 hour ago, johnny-yen said:

FBS ‘closing’ The Park on Saturday. Does that mean AFTER the headliner of Leftfield?

Hopefully 

IMG_8482.jpeg

He's closing the stage and he's top of the poster.

Any attempt to claim Leftfield as the Park headliner at this point would be spin even more blatant than claiming Lizzo as a Pyramid headliner (because at least they gave her equal billing on the poster to try and frame it that way).

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Absolutely not. I'm seeing them tonight ... capacity 850. That's not your headliner.

I do agree they are for the older generation though, unless any yuonguns on here wish to say otherwise, I am sure there are some people who have listened to them and though actually they are good. For me they are right up there with Chems, Prodigy, FBS, Orbital etc etc but the only difference is ............

I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THEM 😥

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They’re 100% not headlining and will be subbing Fatboy Slim. 

Yeah I agree that seems to be the vibe, but don't the Park headliners start/finish a little later than everyone else? Thus pushing Leftfield into GnR?

Or am I talking bollox?

Edited by Franky

OK, I can report back that they've still got it. The live show is still augmented by a real-life drummer, which I am a big fan of.

50/50 mix of classics and new tunes, much higher percentage of oldies in the crowd.

A home run of Melt, Song of Life and Phat Planet certainly had the place bouncing.

image.thumb.png.baffc9fdd91f4109bbb21b7e55190a84.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currently listening to Leftism at work.....might have to go to The Park for this....get a nice little gurner down after dinner and watch the sun come down with Leftfield on....... 😎

Only issue after is either staying for FBS if I'm in that state of mind or schlepping to the Pyramid for the last hour or so of GnR....

• 3 weeks later...

Might not have the biggest reputation amongst the younger lot these days but Leftism is better than any album any of the acts mentioned in this thread have ever released.

and I like a few of the other ones mentioned too, particularly the Chemical Brothers