Rimskis Yard

marathonsteve

Love Rimski’s Yard.. spent a lot of Camp Bestival just messing about at Rimski’s with my 6 and 8 year old, playing golf with umbrellas, rearranging junk sculptures and making up nonsense games with random objects.. it’s like being at mad hatters tea party.. brilliant fun. 

4 hours ago, Pipine said:

.. it’s like being at mad hatters tea party.. brilliant fun. 

I spent an evening drinking with some of the team behind it last year. You’re not wrong. As the Divine David once said “this is not an act, this is a state of being”. 🙂

Edited by G1T
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

We stumbled into this accidentally last year, several beers deep 

I think it was Pauls mobile disco (if there's two of them) but it was a brilliant hour or so of just really feel good crowd and music, absolutely loved it

I haven’t actually been here despite several years .. I Will 100% go this Year 

I have never heard of this place so wiill have to investigate.  How do I find out more? When is it open?  

But I have seen Old Time Sailors a few times now and they are great fun so catch them if you can!  I think they're also at Croissant Neuf (off the top of my head).

12 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I have never heard of this place so wiill have to investigate.  How do I find out more? When is it open?  

But I have seen Old Time Sailors a few times now and they are great fun so catch them if you can!  I think they're also at Croissant Neuf (off the top of my head).

https://www.rimskipiano.org/rimski-s-yard-glastonbury

3pm-2:30am

Thanks, that sounds great (though I must admit to being slightly bemused!!).  I have been to T&C and the Astrolobe so must have almost been there but nothing sounds familiar.  I must spend some more time in those fields!  One year I spent a lot of time and didn't regret missing music for it at all.

11 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks, that sounds great (though I must admit to being slightly bemused!!).  I have been to T&C and the Astrolobe so must have almost been there but nothing sounds familiar.  I must spend some more time in those fields!  One year I spent a lot of time and didn't regret missing music for it at all.

You almost have to be leaving the site to see it as none of the paths naturally take you past it, it's right next to gate c

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 8:35 PM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

We stumbled into this accidentally last year, several beers deep 

I think it was Pauls mobile disco (if there's two of them) but it was a brilliant hour or so of just really feel good crowd and music, absolutely loved it

A thumbs up for Paul's Mobile Disco (we saw him at Bimble Bandada last year and he was very entertaining)

On 5/14/2023 at 8:26 AM, marathonsteve said:

Rimskis-Yard-Line-up-Poster-Glastonbury-2023.jpg.webp

How have I never heard of this?? I must have been in and not realised the name.... Or is it a bit out of the way? 

EDIT: just seen the above post. Will def be having a look out this year! 

Edited by Sasperella2

It's well worth checking out Rimski's Yard. There really is nothing quite like it at the festival. Many of you will have seen Oli before playing his crazy bicycle mounted piano while dressed as a top hatted Victorian ragamuffin. 

He and Laura who run it are both lovely. 

I'll have an all new acoustic chair there this year. 

Edited by Sawdusty surfer
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

How have I never heard of this?? I must have been in and not realised the name.... Or is it a bit out of the way? 

EDIT: just seen the above post. Will def be having a look out this year! 

Sas

don't know if you made it last year but last time we saw you at Boomtown, it was at the top of Old Town just past the Irish Bar. Properly good entertainment.

• Upvote 1