Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

44 minutes ago, sokkovokna said:

The venue's website from the announced Amsterdam show says the following:

Fans kunnen zich klaarmaken voor een exclusieve show in de hoofdstad. Onze omringende landen en zelfs de UK worden aankomende zomer overgeslagen.

Translated:

Fans can get ready for an exclusive show in the capital. Our surrounding countries and even the UK will be skipped this summer.

Should I be worried? No Pulp at Glasto?

That would be a bit of a curveball for all our discussions and the impression that we all thought it was a lock that they'd do this one after they didn't last year.

34 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Could just mean Pulp’s only headline show which would still leave them free for Glastonbury? They are playing a Swedish festival in August  so it can’t mean only European summer date https://www.wayoutwest.se/line-up/. I’m still hopeful they will be on the farm 🤞

The way I read it, the article is claiming that "exclusive" covers "surrounding countries and even the UK".

So basically that'd be a Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK exclusive.

It does somewhat play into the thought that I've had for a while. Namely that we won't see them at Glastonbury until next year, 30 years on from Different Class and the first Pyramid headline slot, when they go out in a blaze of glory. Final show ever, topping the Pyramid.

I mean they are playing loads of other festivals in Europe that have already been announced so I'm not gonna take the above as them being ruled out of Glastonbury.

They are playing gigs in Sweden Norway, Finland that are surrounding countries to the Netherlands. 

They are headlining Primavera

Edited by Ben7amin_

45 minutes ago, incident said:

The way I read it, the article is claiming that "exclusive" covers "surrounding countries and even the UK".

So basically that'd be a Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK exclusive.

It does somewhat play into the thought that I've had for a while. Namely that we won't see them at Glastonbury until next year, 30 years on from Different Class and the first Pyramid headline slot, when they go out in a blaze of glory. Final show ever, topping the Pyramid.

I can't see it rolling into 3 years personally and what the point would be. To add to this, if Olivia for example wasn't there this year, they'll will be trying for two female headliners again imo. I see Pulp 3 years after returning even as a final headline show more of a they wouldn't accept anything else and they were struggling to find someone. 

16 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean they are playing loads of other festivals in Europe that have already been announced so I'm not gonna take the above as them being ruled out of Glastonbury.

They are playing gigs in Sweden Norway, Finland that are surrounding countries to the Netherlands. 

They are headlining Primavera

They aren't really surrounding countries. The surroundings are really Holland, Belgium Germamy as stated already. I'd probably include France and Denmark too which they are not doing anything either.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

i dont believe that on the website at all. they wouldnt know if Pulp were at glasto or not

They certainly would know if they had a contract that says "no other performances within XYZ countries". Though obviously we don't know whether they have that on a contract or not. They probably will have some form of radius/territorial clause though.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

I can't see it rolling into 3 years personally and what the point would be. To add to this, if Olivia for example wasn't there this year, they'll will be trying for two female headliners again imo. I see Pulp 3 years after returning even as a final headline show more of a they wouldn't accept anything else and they were struggling to find someone. 

there was an interview like 2 weeks ago where they said they are about next year

i don't think they are headlining

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

I can't see it rolling into 3 years personally and what the point would be.

Jarvis has already said that the tour will be going into 2025 though.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

there was an interview like 2 weeks ago where they said they are about next year

i don't think they are headlining

Could you link it in?

Yeah to be playing 3 years later even as a UK swansong but not headlining just seems silly.

Edited by northernangel

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Could you link it in?

Yeah to be playing 3 years later even as a UK swansong but not headlining just seems silly.

The Jarvis quotes are here:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/jarvis-cocker-teases-more-pulp-shows-and-discusses-new-project-biophobia-i-used-to-be-scared-of-nature-3595600

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I sas that but no the full extent. Cheers.

I would say it's looking more unlikely. The lineup overall for me is looking pretty lacklustre currently. If that's the top 3, the Other isn't giving me much encouragement and the subs are dreary I could be looking at on paper one of my worst from the outset....one where any early announcements didn't big the lineup up lol.

36 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Don't know whether to try and go to Amsterdam or hope they play The Big G. Argh!!

Same... Would be a huge bummer if they don't play Glasto. From all the acts rumoured, they were the number 1 on my wishlist, by far. 

Hope the poster drops before friday 9u. 🤞

1 hour ago, incident said:

Jarvis has already said that the tour will be going into 2025 though.

Perhaps it was the intent that this year would focus on non-UK shows with 2025 as a UK finale.

But I guess without confirmation from themselves and the Amsterdam venue possibly jumping the gun, it's tricky to know.

Tbf I had lost track of what they are up to in '24. I knew they were co-headlining a day at Primavera Porto with The National.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Perhaps it was the intent that this year would focus on non-UK shows with 2025 as a UK finale.

But I guess without confirmation from themselves and the Amsterdam venue possibly jumping the gun, it's tricky to know.

Tbf I had lost track of what they are up to in '24. I knew they were co-headlining a day at Primavera Porto with The National.

It puts a huge downer on the lineup aspirations with Pulp not being there. 3 years down the line as well, just doesn't have the same want about it.

It appears AFAS is a music venue rather than a festival. That might give more hope as they could well be referring to no standalone gigs in surrounding countries. I highly doubt a music venue in Amsterdam would have any Intel on Pulp playing Glastonbury.

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

It appears AFAS is a music venue rather than a festival. That might give more hope as they could well be referring to no standalone gigs in surrounding countries. I highly doubt a music venue in Amsterdam would have any Intel on Pulp playing Glastonbury.

You might have saved heartache for a day at least 

They'll definitely play Glastonbury on this reunion stint. For me it's just a question of this year or next. The festival means so much to the band, that there is no way that it hasn't been arranged. With so many UK festivals being booked last year, i always felt Glastonbury with be a stretch, but with little or no UK shows this year, I'm really hopeful that means we will get Glastonbury this year 🤞