Lost Horizon crowdfunding appeal

Mark Doran

You've probably heard of the Lost Horizon Nomadic Spa, the unique venue up in the Tipi Field with sauna, hot/cold showers, plunge-pool, sunbathing lawn, swing, trampoline and live music. We offer a relaxing vibe redolent of the "hippie" atmosphere of Glastonbury's early days. We can't wait to welcome back our loyal band of regulars and introduce curious newbies to our garden of delights. There's just one small snag: our old batteries have finally sparked their last and we need to buy a new set before we set off for Worthy Farm in June.

Please see if you can spare a small contribution to our crowdfunder. Lost Horizon is a labour of love, but love doesn't pay the bills! Thank you in anticipation.

Crowdfunding to fund a replacement battery bank for our solar system on JustGiving

Edited by Mark Doran
  • Upvote 1

Do you not have any sort of venture at the festival or in between festivals that would fund things like that? It's just that my other option is to donate to a children's charity...

It appeals to a set group of people so I don’t see the issue - if you like a sauna and/or naturism then you might want to support them. If you don’t, I don’t think it will affect your festival if they make it or not! 

Edited by stuie

3 hours ago, Lucy F said:

Do you not have any sort of venture at the festival or in between festivals that would fund things like that? It's just that my other option is to donate to a children's charity...

Yes, it's a bit embarrassing to have to come out with the begging-bowl again and we were reluctant to do this. But we were faced with an unexpectedly-large expense and we have no external source of income. The children's charity would clearly be the more rewarding option, so go ahead with that. But our supporters have been very generous in the past and we're optimistic that we'll meet this latest challenge.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

You've probably heard of the Lost Horizon Nomadic Spa, the unique venue up in the Tipi Field with sauna, hot/cold showers, plunge-pool, sunbathing lawn, swing, trampoline and live music. We offer a relaxing vibe redolent of the "hippie" atmosphere of Glastonbury's early days. We can't wait to welcome back our loyal band of regulars and introduce curious newbies to our garden of delights. There's just one small snag: our old batteries have finally sparked their last and we need to buy a new set before we set off for Worthy Farm in June.

Please see if you can spare a small contribution to our crowdfunder. Lost Horizon is a labour of love, but love doesn't pay the bills! Thank you in anticipation.

Crowdfunding to fund a replacement battery bank for our solar system on JustGiving

I know the cost of everything is going up but £30 donation = weekend pass last year and £60 this year?

On 3/10/2023 at 2:31 PM, stuie said:

It appeals to a set group of people so I don’t see the issue - if you like a sauna and/or naturism then you might want to support them. If you don’t, I don’t think it will affect your festival if they make it or not! 

I totally get this - to a degree! On the one hand you could view Glastonbury Festival (or, pretty much most similar type festivals) as a series of small Lost Horizon Nomadic Spa's. It is their amalgamation that makes the festival, and gives it its spirit. 

On the other hand there is potential for a niggling doubt about the set ups ability to pay for this themselves, but not wanting to do so. Or for 'living the life' and not factoring in the need to show some restraint, in order to budget for such 'shocks to the system', and now finding they've shot themselves in the foot by not doing so.

I don't know the people, so I don't know the answer. 

Went on Saturday last year, £14 or so entry (can't recall the exact price but thats sticking in my head), 3 hour que for a hot shower, 25-30 minute for the cold😂 will be giving it a pass this year

Nice place to go if you've never been before though, atmosphere was abit worse than other years, with people trying to push in lines and being abit over crowded.

Imagine with Sams Magic Hat no more and the general overcrowding throughout the festival contributed to far more people using it than other years.

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Heard that a weekend pass was £75 this year.

Can't confirm as I went no where near them.

I got mine Wednesday night and it was £70. It took me by surprise. 

They have work to do regarding the use of the showers there. I completely understand why they sell tickets so people can shower, but it had a hugely detrimental effect on the feel of the place. 

I love LH and have been going for many years. 

On 7/7/2023 at 8:19 AM, themuel said:

I got mine Wednesday night and it was £70. It took me by surprise. 

They have work to do regarding the use of the showers there. I completely understand why they sell tickets so people can shower, but it had a hugely detrimental effect on the feel of the place. 

I love LH and have been going for many years. 

Very much so. I went on Friday and the place was absolutely chocker, it wasn’t a great experience. Only two showers were operating too making an absolutely massive queue and losing the chilled and  mellow vibe: felt like about 70% of people were just waiting for a shower 

On 7/6/2023 at 12:23 PM, Skip997 said:

Heard that a weekend pass was £75 this year.

Can't confirm as I went no where near them.

The price lowered after each day. So on Wednesday it was £75, Thursday £65 and so on. I was there all day Thursday only which cost £20. A pretty fair price I thought for me to relax in a naturist friendly environment with sauna, plungepool, trampoline (!), shaded chill out area and live music performances. I even got to take part in a yoga class. Had a great time 🙂

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sime said:

The price lowered after each day. So on Wednesday it was £75, Thursday £65 and so on. I was there all day Thursday only which cost £20. A pretty fair price I thought for me to relax in a naturist friendly environment with sauna, plungepool, trampoline (!), shaded chill out area and live music performances. I even got to take part in a yoga class. Had a great time 🙂

Bargain. It's a commitment to stay in one area at any festival, I feel. That said, if I were to ever go to Glastonbury again, that's pretty much the way that I would want to orientate it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Bargain. It's a commitment to stay in one area at any festival, I feel. That said, if I were to ever go to Glastonbury again, that's pretty much the way that I would want to orientate it. 

Thanks. Wednesday I arrive and once tent is sorted, go on a big festival walkabout. Friday through to Sunday I'm watching acts and fully throwing myself into everything and so Thursday is my day to completely relax before all the busy days ahead. Lost Horizons is like a festival within the festival. It's always a good time 🙂 

• Upvote 1