Who's Playing Where '23

mike46

Just now, JackPortch said:

Any chance we reckon Paramore could still be added?

They’re way too big not to be included on the first poster you’d feel.

Thought they’d appear this year having not been playing Download or Reading.

Unfortunately not, although it is strange they’re not doing any U.K. festivals this year. Kinda hoping what with them supporting Taylor on her U.S. tour that they’ll do the same next year at Glastonbury (assuming Taylor is headlining). 

On 3/10/2023 at 9:25 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Pyramid last year massively put me off - prefer an easier life.

Why? Was it just hellishly busy?

Sunday this year is heading towards being dangerously busy IMHO. I just don't see what they are going to be able to put on other stages to reduce the demand.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I don't think Swift is on for next year is she? Two females pretty much confirmed and Swift hopefully within 5 years.

I think that 'within 5 years' comment was said in the guardian article to throw people off the scent. As saying we had a female but due to scheduling conflicts will play in 2024 instead is pretty much announcing/confirming Taylor. 

Plus next year is within 5 years so the statement is still correct

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Sunday this year is heading towards being dangerously busy IMHO. I just don't see what they are going to be able to put on other stages to reduce the demand.

Opposite Elton? It won’t matter really. There was fuck all of real note against the Stones and the field still managed to contain everybody who wanted to see them.

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

Yeah, I remember walking towards Diana Ross down the Pyramid left, saw the crowd and canned it off for Fontaines D.C. 

Plus leaving the pyramid takes an age after the headliner. Will probably be there for Arctic Monkeys after Fred Again and Elton if TWOD don’t clash.

3 hours ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Could Fat Freddy’s Drop be playing this year? They have 4 UK dates starting 6th of July, but I haven’t seen them rumoured for Glastonbury.

Where would they play?

I can definitely see them making an appearance. They’re active in July and doing other festivals this summer. 

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

But then again there’s Sunday ticket holders in addition to weekenders so it’s always gonna be busier. If I’m seeing Elton, will have to get there really early, though I know my feet will be falling off by then.

I always find Sunday to be the least busy day. Although there's the Sunday ticket holders, a very large number leave on the Sunday morning - work on Monday I guess.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Opposite Elton? It won’t matter really. There was fuck all of real note against the Stones and the field still managed to contain everybody who wanted to see them.

Disagree - Public Enemy were "against" The Stones and having seen a bit of the Stones and most of Public Enemy IMO the latter were far better on the day.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Disagree - Public Enemy were "against" The Stones and having seen a bit of the Stones and most of Public Enemy IMO the latter were far better on the day.

Also Chase and Status I believe, wish I had watched them as I thought the Stones were disappointing tbh. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Franky said:

Also Chase and Status I believe, wish I had watched them as I thought the Stones were disappointing tbh. 

Have to agree with you here, very weak IMO.

Lemmy - "The Stones made great records, but they were always shit on stage"

43 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Have to agree with you here, very weak IMO.

Lemmy - "The Stones made great records, but they were always shit on stage"

Having seen both a number of times, there was only one I've seen turn in a shit performance and it wasn't Mick and the lads.

8 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Discussion between @sauceagerolland I is whether we will get to see Young Fathers, Fred Again and AM on the Friday?

Wishful thinking I reckon but are Young Fathers big enough to slot in under Fred Again 3rd down on Other? (Assuming the Fred info of subbing Other is on the money). 

I'd heard Young Fathers were playing W.Holts.  Not sure on slot/day but would make sense to me.  I reckon they're probably subbing one night.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I always find Sunday to be the least busy day. Although there's the Sunday ticket holders, a very large number leave on the Sunday morning - work on Monday I guess.

Where are you when you've thought Sunday is the least busy day? 

I've always found the complete opposite.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Hanging around Greenfields/West Holts. Maybe an Other Stage headliner or on a very rare occasion Pyramid, last time I remember such was Beyonce.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

If you discount the Legends slot - which is mental busy - I'd probably agree with the OP.  There's always a good chunk that leave early and people are knackered so tend to move round less.  Feels a bit less hectic.  Friday is always mad IMO.  Everyone's still fresh and often it feels like the best programmed day acts-wise so it's an endless sea of people rushing about.