Trussell Trust charity Auctions

Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There was a lot of debate about auction vs raffle in the first place as the very wealthy already have a lot of advantages in trying to find alternative ways into Glastonbury if they don't get tickets in the normal way so yes it doesn't matter from the charities perspective but in terms of normal people having opportunities to access the same prizes and experiences I think a raffle does feel more Glastonbury and I for one am glad that they have done a raffle that for a much more modest price gives everyone a chance of winning these unique experiences. 

I’m just happy they’ve raised close to £250k and counting for charity.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’m just happy they’ve raised close to £250k and counting for charity.

Can you not be happy about both things that a huge amount of money is being raised but also that you don’t have to be rich to participate in helping raise that money? 

It’s very bizarre this is a surprise to anyone, a raffle was always going to raise way, way more than an auction, it’s just simple economics. What percentage of the country can afford to drop £10k on two Glastonbury tickets (or indeed can afford it but would actually want to?) Vs £20 for a raffle entry? Look at how quickly resale tickets sell still out in April, Glastonbury is massively oversubscribed, but even if it’s only 2:1 oversubscribed, that’s still around 200k potential entrants to the raffle, it’s just simple maths especially when you factor in the additional prizes.

The national lottery has odds of around 1 in 50 million, you have absolutely no chance of winning, but tens of millions of people still enter every week. 

Edited by Jose Pose

16 minutes ago, brixesmith said:

Just out of interest, tickets that include access to the viewing platform - is that the one for disabled people? Or are there two and this is one for VIPs?

The viewing platorms in the prizes are the ones actually on the side of the stage, not the ones in the crowd.

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think it'll naturally slow down as the days go on. Would expect a surge around the end of this month/start of next month as people are getting paid.

Then again when they give us some lineup news with a week to go 🤞

To be honest I think on payday not many people will think ah yes time to donate to the glasto fundraiser.

Fundraising wise, the earthquake will drop out of the news so I think lineup news to get donations is probably best sooner rather than later. In 20 days or so we'll be onto the latest PPE scandal or something

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

To be honest I think on payday not many people will think ah yes time to donate to the glasto fundraiser.

Fundraising wise, the earthquake will drop out of the news so I think lineup news to get donations is probably best sooner rather than later. In 20 days or so we'll be onto the latest PPE scandal or something

You might be right. My thought was that people may have bought 1 or 2 tickets already but are planning on buying more when their funds allow/they've been paid.

But I do need to remember that not everyone is as obsessive with the festival as us so may be happy with 1 raffle ticket!

24 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I've entered with no expectation or need to win.

It would give me a nice problem if I did. No way would I give up my crew ticket and become a punter, but it would be a shame to miss out on a viewing platform experience

You can’t just take the viewing platform bit … it’ll come as part of the package and with names on 

46 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

You can’t just take the viewing platform bit … it’ll come as part of the package and with names on 

I’d imagine between Skipp and Glastonbury they’d be able to work something out, they put on the biggest festival in the world after all. I don’t they take such a ‘computer says no’ response if they won.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Pose said:

I’d imagine between Skipp and Glastonbury they’d be able to work something out, they put on the biggest festival in the world after all. I don’t they take such a ‘computer says no’ response if they won.

That's what I imagine, but I'd probably be just as happy throwing it back in the pot.

"Hi Glasto, thanks for your offer but I actually prefer volunteering than getting it for free, any chance you'd put my niece and nephew there instead of me?" "well, no, your dedication to the festival means nothing to us, who would want to volunteer instead of just getting free VIP treatment. YOU LOSE"

I don't think so.

8 minutes ago, moogster said:

"Hi Glasto, thanks for your offer but I actually prefer volunteering than getting it for free, any chance you'd put my niece and nephew there instead of me?" "well, no, your dedication to the festival means nothing to us, who would want to volunteer instead of just getting free VIP treatment. YOU LOSE"

I don't think so.

The problem with that is that the festival have no way of knowing if they really are your niece and nephew and not someone paying you a grand for the tickets.