Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

47 minutes ago, Franky said:

This is about the best clip I’ve found so far. 11 mins long and good quality. 

I would’ve liked to have been there 👍

All the clips I’ve seen are like this. Just seemed like they were larking about. Some weird transitions, too many restarts The boiler room set was far superior and the reason i will watch Fred…

1 hour ago, Franky said:

This is about the best clip I’ve found so far. 11 mins long and good quality. 

I would’ve liked to have been there 👍

You know the whole thing got filmed right....

42 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I know many who fit this bill and are staunch Labour

Cool, but the majority who fit this bill are probably not. Conservative voters do have to come from somewhere

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/apr/08/going-to-private-school-makes-you-twice-as-likely-to-vote-tory-study-finds

Stupid discussion anyway. Nobody knows and unless he says something nobody will know.

1 hour ago, Franky said:

If you’ve got talent, and he clearly does. Does it matter how you get there? Really? In the bigger scheme of things, you either like said artist or not really. 

To some on here it clearly does. 

He can’t do anything musically without someone mentioning something about his parents or wealth. 

17 minutes ago, gordong said:

I went to go see them in January at Electric Brixton and it was a good laugh. Really not sure about this tweet though…

D042766A-33F6-494C-B0FB-3F837FA4091B.png

I actually tend to agree with them. That will knock the shit out of any of the Glastonbury headliners this year. 

3 hours ago, gordong said:

I went to go see them in January at Electric Brixton and it was a good laugh. Really not sure about this tweet though…

D042766A-33F6-494C-B0FB-3F837FA4091B.png

Not pop my arse. Literally played miley cyrus and carly rae jepsen haha 

14 hours ago, Franky said:

I actually tend to agree with them. That will knock the shit out of any of the Glastonbury headliners this year. 

I mean, "not EDM" is subjective, but to me, it's basically Swedish House Mafia with added weepy piano, and a few extra pop remixes....

https://archive.org/details/20230424_20230424_2005

Set and transitions are sloppy as fuck. It's all over the place, and not in a good way. Barely a step above someone playing random shit on their ipod at a party. Fred BR or a regular Four Tet DJ set are infinitely better.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I mean, "not EDM" is subjective, but to me, it's basically Swedish House Mafia with added weepy piano, and a few extra pop remixes....

Set and transitions are sloppy as fuck. It's all over the place, and not in a good way. Barely a step above someone playing random shit on their ipod at a party. Fred BR or a regular Four Tet DJ set are infinitely better.

There’s a part of me that thinks that it’s supposed to be like that yano. It’s messy as hell and absolutely all over the place but it’s meant to be a bit daft I think. It’s not meant to be taken dead serious, look at them playing they’re absolutely taking the piss. 

34 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

It's just not really for you I think.

It's a deliberate rejection of perfect sets.

4 hours ago, Isaact said:

It's just not really for you I think.

It's a deliberate rejection of perfect sets.

But I guess that begs the question who is it for? And I really don't think it's a deliberate rejection of perfect sets, I think it's just 3 mates having a bit of a laugh, no need to intellectualise it beyond that - but it really does just sound like a few coked up dudes at a house party throwing up tunes from their ipods. 

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

But I guess that begs the question who is it for? And I really don't think it's a deliberate rejection of perfect sets, I think it's just 3 mates having a bit of a laugh, no need to intellectualise it beyond that - but it really does just sound like a few coked up dudes at a house party throwing up tunes from their ipods. 

For me it’s the chemistry and the tunes they chose to play. When they dropped fine night tonight I almost shit myself. One of my all time favs. 

I don’t think it’s deliberate either. I just think they are having fun which comes across in the show. 

They could easily headline the Other Stage, it’s just a shame they’re not lol 

18 hours ago, Isaaclk said:

Not pop my arse. Literally played miley cyrus and carly rae jepsen haha 

You missed the Taylor Swift mash up

Fyi, Skrillex, Four Tet and Fred wouldve been in the Sahara Tent in the same spot as Blink if Frank hadnt shat the bed weekend 1. Dont think anyone wouldve been at another stage if it went down that way.

Edited by Suprefan