Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

No

But he'll be absolutely rammed when subbing vs headline slot when people are at AM, arcadia, south east corner etc.

absolutely screams fred again marketing

he'd be fine against AM 100%

Might not think his show is up for it yet is another point, its hardly up to scratch vs other recent dance headliners

100% this.  Very clever, sunset slot and tbf he’ll probably end up somewhere that night too. 

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

No

But he'll be absolutely rammed when subbing vs headline slot when people are at AM, arcadia, south east corner etc.

absolutely screams fred again marketing

he'd be fine against AM 100%

Might not think his show is up for it yet is another point, its hardly up to scratch vs other recent dance headliners

He played a similar time at APE last August and could easily have headlined that. 

46 minutes ago, stuie said:

He played a similar time at APE last August and could easily have headlined that. 

That was kind of different though as he grew massively since the booking - even two months before the fest he was pretty unheard of and that tent was just not suitable

subbing other will be no problem

he was apparently booked originally for Woodsies headline I was told

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

We had info on both of those things happening before we even got the lineup so pretty sure that’s what’s gonna happen. Fred is obviously the bigger act at this point, but tbf his set will probably lend itself perfectly to a sunset slot so I don’t really see an issue with it (other than Wizkid just being an odd Other headliner to begin with, but y’know…)

That's what I was thinking. I'd never heard of him tbh, not that I'd heard of Meghan Thee Stallion either last year, but at least she's got the numbers to back it up. Wizkid just seems massively misplaced. Another Christine and the Queens I foreshadow.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's what I was thinking. I'd never heard of him tbh, not that I'd heard of Meghan Thee Stallion either last year, but at least she's got the numbers to back it up. Wizkid just seems massively misplaced. Another Christine and the Queens I foreshadow.

Megan couldn't sell out a Brixton night to be fair, while Wizkid did 3 nights at the o2 and is doing Tottenham stadium to be fair

both strange bookings, just don't suit such a big slot with glasto's current crowd i think

Edited by gfa

9 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Eh?

swear we know lol nas is supporting Elton 

didn’t Fred say he was playing Friday 

Yeah we know both of these things as almost certainty. Moving Lil Nas opposite Elton just wouldn’t make sense at all - they’ll replace QOTSA directly, even with a weaker booking, if they have to rather than moving Lil Nas around.