2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

48 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

Just had a look on Twickets - woah, that is a lot of tickets available!

Not sure people listing tickets at face value are going to get much joy...

Just had a look, wow that's a lot of tickets 

Could have had a nice bargain buying 2 tickets now 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

26 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

Yes, main ticket has arrived, but not the car parking ticket which I did book later.

Just logged on my Ticketsellers account and both are in there, ready to download.

Have also just looked at Twickets out of interest. Wow! There are a lot for sale. We've got a mate who isn't coming this year because he thought his daughter would be starting secondary school on the Monday, but she isn't starting until the Tuesday. Going to tell him to keep an eye out for bargains.

I have got my eye on Twickets at the moment, as my daughters may come if the price is right.  

There will definitely be a lot of people left with tickets if they want full price unfortunately. 

Not sure when the resale cut off is though, I assume they will be on until at least mid next week.

Same thing happened last year.  Having all the resales at once is not a great setup for sellers.  Staggering would preserve the resale value but I guess the festival wants to ensure their own supply is long exhausted before it could be undermined by cheaper options.   To be honest had we been able to put them up for sale back at the first line up announcement and gotten a buyer I wouldn't be looking forward to heading over in 2 weeks.  Knowing the resale mess was ahead of us we bit the bullet and found the holidays with work to make it happen (which was the real concern).  Glad that we did now.

10 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Has the new map been posted yet? https://endoftheroadfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/EOTR23-map-v1a-1.jpg

The folly has a picture of the folly structure, but it doesn't reach far enough right to actually be based there right? (unless they are moving it).

No, it's just an image. The same as the Woods Stage isn't actually shaped like a Peacock.

I'll be stunned if it isn't exactly as it has been for the past few years and has simply been renamed. Possibly to avoid accusations of cultural appropriation or simply because it's not actually a Tipi anymore. It used to be, a loooooong time ago. Those actual tipis with the rum bar and seating area next door used to host a "stage"

19 minutes ago, shoebox said:

No, it's just an image. The same as the Woods Stage isn't actually shaped like a Peacock.

I'll be stunned if it isn't exactly as it has been for the past few years and has simply been renamed. Possibly to avoid accusations of cultural appropriation or simply because it's not actually a Tipi anymore. It used to be, a loooooong time ago. Those actual tipis with the rum bar and seating area next door used to host a "stage"

Simon Felice and band in the original tipi was one of the best gigs I've ever seen at EOTR. You could get so close to the musical talent. I knew nothing about him and was a few sheets to the wind, so those diagonal wooden beams came in very handy for support.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paulwa said:

Simon Felice and band in the original tipi was one of the best gigs I've ever seen at EOTR. You could get so close to the musical talent. I knew nothing about him and was a few sheets to the wind, so those diagonal wooden beams came in very handy for support.

think we saw The Low Anthem in there, but like you it would have been very late and I would have been somewhat pissed. Definitely saw a couple of acts in there but my memory is hazy. And I say "saw", but I never got close enough to the action.

4 minutes ago, shoebox said:

think we saw The Low Anthem in there, but like you it would have been very late and I would have been somewhat pissed. Definitely saw a couple of acts in there but my memory is hazy. And I say "saw", but I never got close enough to the action.

That would have been the Felice Brothers/Low Anthem/Deer Tick supermash. Possibly Phosphorescent too. 

3 hours ago, RustySpanner said:

Just had a look on Twickets - woah, that is a lot of tickets available!

Not sure people listing tickets at face value are going to get much joy...

Yeah, I'm surprised prices are still so high. I'm sure they were lower across the board by this point last year. I know some have gone for 25%+ below face value already, and they're bound to go down as we get closer to the fest.

13 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

That would have been the Felice Brothers/Low Anthem/Deer Tick supermash. Possibly Phosphorescent too. 

Oh no, I was thinking further back than that. 2008 was my first year, and I don't think the stage was even that big then! If I did see The Low Anthem in there, it would have been 2009, and f**k knows who I saw in 2008. Definitely no-one on the Saturday as I remember I was falling asleep on my feet during Shearwater, so I sensibly called it a night after them.

I mean, it was probably Woodpigeon. They seemed to be ubiquitous that year.

36 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

The Tipi I'm thinking of was much smaller and darker than this, with wooden beams all over the place. It was more in the centre of the site I think. And the Simon Felice band was The Duke and The King! It was 2009, the year when Fleet Foxes packed out the Garden Stage and made them think about adding an extra stage. God I was drunk.

1 hour ago, paulwa said:

The Tipi I'm thinking of was much smaller and darker than this, with wooden beams all over the place. It was more in the centre of the site I think. And the Simon Felice band was The Duke and The King! It was 2009, the year when Fleet Foxes packed out the Garden Stage and made them think about adding an extra stage. God I was drunk.

Yeah The Duke and the King 

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

Oh no, I was thinking further back than that. 2008 was my first year, and I don't think the stage was even that big then! If I did see The Low Anthem in there, it would have been 2009, and f**k knows who I saw in 2008. Definitely no-one on the Saturday as I remember I was falling asleep on my feet during Shearwater, so I sensibly called it a night after them.

Woodpigeon was 2008 . Bon Iver garden stage . Was fantastic line up 

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

Shearwater were fantastic in the tipi 

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah, I'm surprised prices are still so high. I'm sure they were lower across the board by this point last year. I know some have gone for 25%+ below face value already, and they're bound to go down as we get closer to the fest.

I counted them up last week. As I am quite dull, and 506 tickets on resale. Going to be plenty of room.