2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

New H. Hawkline album is really good, happy to see him announced. Deerhoof always bonkers good fun. Happy with the overall lineup. Anything else from now on is a cherry on a good-looking cake.

Edited by paulwa
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dogleg said:

Meh

I'm all for yunno.... people having their own opinions maaaan, but I have to ask why you even bought a ticket for EOTR instead of Greenman? 🤣 Are you a gluten for disappointment punishment? 

You've made two posts previous to this years lineup. The first one was to say you've been persuaded to get a ticket for EOTR 2022 by mates and that the line up was bland and underwhelming.... the second one was to say how much better GMs 2022 lineup was, that EOTR had a lot of filler and (hilariously) that the addition of Deerhoof would be great. Seems like a bit of history repeating itself?! Also Deerhoof got added this morning 🤣

3 minutes ago, listenstolotsofcrap said:

Hope I get to catch Elkka and The Murder Capital. Any idea when stage splits come out? Will it be after volunteers select slots, if anyones volunteered before?

Unlikely to happen until late summer. Probably July, with the stage times the week before the actual festival

40 minutes ago, shoebox said:

We've still got "Apply To Play" winners to be announced, so likely a handful of additional acts (don't expect anything big), literary stuff and comedy. And most importantly, the food vendors!

There's seven acts to be added to achieve parity with last year (notwithstanding that there's always pullouts), three of which would be Play EOTR winners. I still think it's missing a Woods sub and it's interesting that there's no Brian Jonestown Massacre (maybe GM got them too?)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

75 Dollar Bill and Heloise Werner &  Colin Alexander are top picks for those who like the old Late Junction-curation side of things.

Seen 75 Dollar Bill a few times and they make a quality racket. Perfect fit for the Tipi tent.

Yeah 75 Dollar Bill excellent.  Also playing supersonic 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

There's seven acts to be added to achieve parity with last year (notwithstanding that there's always pullouts), three of which would be Play EOTR winners. I still think it's missing a Woods sub and it's interesting that there's no Brian Jonestown Massacre (maybe GM got them too?)

I can’t see why GM wouldn’t have already announced them as their tour had finished by the time they announced the line up. I’m hoping they’re a late addition for this with them playing MPF the same weekend. Would be the icing on the cake

Edited by suttttttt

On 3/9/2023 at 11:02 AM, SweepingTheNation said:

One thing we may need to bear in mind regarding the second announcement is in that Guardian piece about the lack of female headliners (in which, if you missed it, he says Angel Olsen was offered headliner status but wanted to play the Garden while he had another lined up and lost them to an exclusivity clause) Simon says the full line-up will be 50% female and another 10% mixed gender bands. Of those in the first announcement 36 out of 96 (37.5%) are female with just under 20% mixed* so while he's clearly just grabbing figures out of the air for a journalist's sake hoping nobody follows it up, given eyes are on festivals like this one on gender balance there's some catching up to do and I wonder how many of those near top end acts who would be available are female.

( * and that figure includes the single female members of eight-piece Caroline, seven-piece Personal Trainer and six-piece Blue Bendy)

So have you done the maths with the new additions? 😉

Maybe later. Think it's about an even split if we count bands, though.

Manc Psych update is out, by the way - not widely available online yet so I won't post the graphic but the big additions are for the most part already at EOTR and the only major new non-British act played it fairly recently.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Maybe later. Think it's about an even split if we count bands, though.

Manc Psych update is out, by the way - not widely available online yet so I won't post the graphic but the big additions are for the most part already at EOTR and the only major new non-British act played it fairly recently.

Where have you seen the MPF additions? 

6 hours ago, shoebox said:

Unlikely to happen until late summer. Probably July, with the stage times the week before the actual festival

Thanks for the response, I'll just keep my eye on if people have info on positions then. Few acts I'd like to really try and catch but either way just looking forward to going.