Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

Looks like the set lists are fairly consistent, not many changes from night to night. 

Bangers early on and the final third. Potential for the casual fan to become a little bored in the middle. 

How long is he playing for on his tour? Any chance some of that middle stuff might get cut due to time constraints?

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

How long is he playing for on his tour? Any chance some of that middle stuff might get cut due to time constraints?

Tour average is just under 2 hours, so this will likely be the set we get 

He played a similar set at Vicarage Road last year, I remember we left for a piss/pint during the last bit of SSMLT, missed most of Levon and got back for candle in the wind.

My favourite EJ song is FFAF/LLB, closely followed by Burn down the Mission, so I made sure I was back from that.

The setlist from Candle in the Wind onwards is immense. Potential all time greatest hour and a bit on the Pyramid in history type material.

20 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

He played a similar set at Vicarage Road last year, I remember we left for a piss/pint during the last bit of SSMLT, missed most of Levon and got back for candle in the wind.

My favourite EJ song is FFAF/LLB, closely followed by Burn down the Mission, so I made sure I was back from that.

The setlist from Candle in the Wind onwards is immense. Potential all time greatest hour and a bit on the Pyramid in history type material.

This is GOAT shit 

A813626B-4785-4582-8B1B-A6640D39533A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2023 at 10:38 AM, nikkic said:

Set list from his most recent show, few deep cuts but in general it's wall to wall bangers. 

16-20 pre encore could be the best 25-30 mins ever witnessed at The Pyramid. 
image.thumb.png.2754f9a0e114dc148f8346d223094ff4.png

Very little has changed since I saw him in Krakow in 2019, was an amazing show.

image.thumb.png.f6f82ecbf6bd6a72a854cfbfdfa8bbac.png

38 minutes ago, Robofish said:

SSMLT was immense last night!
Can’t help but feel there will be a few setlist surprises when he plays Glastonbury. Currently the set is just a shade under 2.5 hours. 

What time did he start?

1 hour ago, Robofish said:

SSMLT was immense last night!
Can’t help but feel there will be a few setlist surprises when he plays Glastonbury. Currently the set is just a shade under 2.5 hours. 

That acronym took me a moment! How about SNAFF and SSSSM? 🙂 

won't be watching it from the field - which i think will be uncomfortably crowded, like it was for macca last year, so might watch it on tv at home if I've  avoided the Monday traffic ques with a Sunday exit.

27 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Disagree. Levon, candle in the wind and sad songs are all gonna be unreal

funeral for a friend is like his best song 

Hard agree with this. That middle section represents the best of what Elton does. And good for him for playing a set that doesn’t just cater to people who own only the greatest hits. 

• 1 month later...

It was always going to be Elton and I was ecstatic when he finally got announced.

Since QOTSA have been announced I’m leaning towards them now. One of the best bands out there when they are at it especially live.

Both sets are going to be special. Could still go either way.

I think his set is going to be more catered to the event rather than it just being a repeat of his current tour

This is going to be a big moment for himself and the festival, I think the set list is going to reflect that, there could well be some songs that never get heard live again after this

Edited by MrSpaM