Stadium Ticket Pricing

stanh

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

I wonder if people offset the cost as well by not spending money at the venue. I was at Wembley Arena in December and the bar queues were small, hardly anyone in the crowd seemed to have a drink. 

Roll back a few years everyone seemed to be hammered. 

Also, the costs of drinks in these venues is outrageous!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

A few weeks ago I saw this Tweet:

Honestly thought it would be higher than that. It's not great to be in a place of thinking like that.

If idiots are willing to pay that price...

34 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Also, the costs of drinks in these venues is outrageous!

O2 in Bristol beer is now about £8. I'm sure it was under £7 just a year ago. The massive price rise has been so quick, some of the out of date bar price signs were still up when i last went.

30 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

If idiots are willing to pay that price...

This Tweet reminded me of a friend getting annoyed at paying £15 for a gin/lemonade in an expensive London hotel years ago, and indeed of being charged a big fee for a similar drink in a Dublin city centre tourist trap pub. Hence why I genuinely thought London O2 might be more.

Still far from ideal though.

Spirits in pubs and venues etc are ridiculous, and pretty much always shite as well. I’m a poncy hipster whisky twat and I’m not drinking their shite for £6 a shot of Grouse or Bells, I’m sneaking in a hip flask or a couple of miniatures of something nice dammit 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

It's an arena gig and not a stadiium one but saw a Facebook post with someone complaining about The Corrs ticket prices and so I had to have a look. Cheapest tickets £93 and went up to £230. I mean that's just crazy to me.

What can you do, Andrea? I'll tell you what you can bloody well do!

On 2/9/2024 at 6:05 PM, Suprefan said:

So tell us what you think about Taylor making a couple billion then. 

Yeah, the same. What’s your point?

See also Springsteen at Wembley. It’s a pretty sad state of affairs. I’ve bought Springsteen tickets at an uncomfortable price. It’s ok to do that and at the same time be critical of the way these things are going. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:31 PM, charlierc said:

A few weeks ago I saw this Tweet:

Honestly thought it would be higher than that. It's not great to be in a place of thinking like that.

Spirits and mixers are ridiculous at even glastonbury,  even more so when you can bring your own spirits 

7.50 for a single and 12 for a double 

On 2/9/2024 at 10:08 AM, charlierc said:

Nice work if you can get it.

Being big enough to play US stadiums must help. Prices for Green Day in LA in September made the UK ones look like a bargain.

Sofi for a concert only holds 45,000 give or take with an end stage set up. ( its 20k less in capacity than the Rose Bowl which has been around for a century ) So thats about the same as the baseball stadium  gigs on average for their tour. They didnt really up their audience capacity, just changed buildings. And credit card presale came in handy for that one and got some really good seats for $85 before dynamic pricing kicked in.

Lets see what happens when Beyonce plays the Sphere. Dead and Company is already ridiculous

11 hours ago, briddj said:

Bar prices at Wembley Arena in December. 

20231214_194223.jpg

😄 ffs. i'm off to Judas Priest there next month and I wouldnt drink any of those beers, and certainly not for the eleventy billion quid they want for a pint. ill be hip flasking it. 

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

😄 ffs. i'm off to Judas Priest there next month and I wouldnt drink any of those beers, and certainly not for the eleventy billion quid they want for a pint. ill be hip flasking it. 

Just make sure no metal on the flask, since they were metal detecting there last time. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2024 at 5:03 PM, Chef said:

I wonder if people offset the cost as well by not spending money at the venue. I was at Wembley Arena in December and the bar queues were small, hardly anyone in the crowd seemed to have a drink. 

Roll back a few years everyone seemed to be hammered. 

100%. Don't use the bars at o2 venues at all if I can help it. 
At the o2 a pint of wine is about the best value for money. And that's still a rip off. 
Most venues have a pub or two nearby that are good, and an after option if not travelling immediately. 

15 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Spirits and mixers are ridiculous at even glastonbury,  even more so when you can bring your own spirits 

Doesn't surprise me tbf. Although it is odd they're ok with bringing your own spirits in while also charging that.

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

Headed towards the American model of sky-high prices for the captive audience. This is Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle (and this excludes 10.1% tax on top at checkout… plus ‘suggested’ 20% tip)

IMG_3086.thumb.jpeg.c6bd7c934c69ad82214fd9ad7f4389e0.jpeg

One of my friends was charged $18 for a beer at a Miami Heat basketball game he attended while over there for work. If anything I thought the alcohol was less than I expected from a US show, while also having more expensive soft drinks.

I remember a Simpsons episode parodying Woodstock '99 where $8 for water was the joke ffs.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Sofi for a concert only holds 45,000 give or take with an end stage set up. ( its 20k less in capacity than the Rose Bowl which has been around for a century ) So thats about the same as the baseball stadium  gigs on average for their tour. They didnt really up their audience capacity, just changed buildings. And credit card presale came in handy for that one and got some really good seats for $85 before dynamic pricing kicked in.

Lets see what happens when Beyonce plays the Sphere. Dead and Company is already ridiculous

Dynamic pricing probably does a lot of the heavy lifting in fairness. Lord knows how else it might have ended up where there were tickets on the floor for over $900, like the worst excesses of viagogo or StubHub back in the day.

Beyonce's rumoured to be doing the Sphere? U2 was already charging over $300 for tickets to that ffs.

Edited by charlierc

15 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Just buy mixers from the on-site coop.

It wasn't properly cheap, but close enough to be a good option. Multipack cans of coke were I think approx 10% above what you'd pay in a normal coop.

34 minutes ago, charlierc said:

One of my friends was charged $18 for a beer at a Miami Heat basketball game he attended while over there for work. If anything I thought the alcohol was less than I expected from a US show, while also having more expensive soft drinks.

I remember a Simpsons episode parodying Woodstock '99 where $8 for water was the joke ffs.

At least in Seattle those local 19.2oz (full 568ml pint) craft cans at the bottom include Elysian Space Dust at 8.2% ABV, so you do get a bit of a boost on for your $20 investment