Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

There will be some spaces appearing for sure. Change of plans, lack of comms and securing volunteer spots means that the groups will change. 

There’s not much point doing much at the moment though as still 2 months to go which is a long time and anything could happen - I would guess the groups will start finalising the lists towards the end of March/start of April 

12 minutes ago, mike46 said:

There will be some spaces appearing for sure. Change of plans, lack of comms and securing volunteer spots means that the groups will change. 

There’s not much point doing much at the moment though as still 2 months to go which is a long time and anything could happen - I would guess the groups will start finalising the lists towards the end of March/start of April 

Yeh that's what I thought. I just like to chip in as soon as this resale thread gets bumped. #notdesperateoranything 🤣

• Like 1

I have to say I get a bit nervous every time I see the resale thread get bumped but fully understand the reason to keep it here on the front page. Give it a few weeks and and I'm sure his it will probably be a permanent fixture near the top of the screen.

11 minutes ago, ladybird33 said:

I reckon will be the weekend before...  but just make sure she books somewhere with good WiFi 🤞🤣

Yep - the precedent would be for 20th + 23rd, as it was in 2017, or maybe even the weekend before.

The only time it's ever been any later than that is when Easter rudely got in the way of the normal dates, which isn't the case this year.

Edited by incident
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep - the precedent would be for 20th + 23rd, as it was in 2017, or maybe even the weekend before.

The only time it's every been any later than that is when Easter rudely got in the way of the normal dates, which isn't the case this year.

Whenever it is, I'm getting nervous 😅🙈

On 2/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, gooner1990 said:

The vast majority of names in the spreadsheet I don't recognise from my time on here...once I am hopefully sorted I'll limit who I'm helping to names I know from this forum....

Is that how it generally works, just picking and choosing names to buy for? Not pairing groups up or everyone making their way down the list?

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Is that how it generally works, just picking and choosing names to buy for? Not pairing groups up or everyone making their way down the list?

Unsure, but for me I'm on the "2nd" resale group. Have got our own group that's me and 3 other non efesters. 

As we're a "whole" group now we'll be trying for ourselves and then when we get through they're all on board with trying for the others groups on the spreadsheet. Hopefully others would do the same for us, I think we'll likely be seeing if we can use virtual cards so others could have payment details in advance to save sending details on the day. 

There's about 70 names on the 2nd spreadsheet but about 20 of us on WhatsApp, so some groups will need moving around to give us the most groups of 4 we can!

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Unsure, but for me I'm on the "2nd" resale group. Have got our own group that's me and 3 other non efesters. 

As we're a "whole" group now we'll be trying for ourselves and then when we get through they're all on board with trying for the others groups on the spreadsheet. Hopefully others would do the same for us, I think we'll likely be seeing if we can use virtual cards so others could have payment details in advance to save sending details on the day. 

There's about 70 names on the 2nd spreadsheet but about 20 of us on WhatsApp, so some groups will need moving around to give us the most groups of 4 we can!

I wasn’t part of the resale club last year so it’s all a little unknown. The way I see it though is you try for your group first and then if successful move onto the next - our spreadsheet has mobile numbers so you can call the relevant person. 

It still feels like we’re in a bit of no man’s land still currently - not much point firming up the spreadsheets just yet as still so long to go! Once we have though it makes sense to share both in here so any efesters who want to help out can see what’s what.

Until then, positive thoughts all round. Was great to see the first few of our group get ticked off through Oxfam the other week! 

• 2 weeks later...

What's the deal with the resale groupings then. I'm just trying to get a ticket for myself as friends already have theirs. 

Would anybody like team up and try in the resale with me? Been going to Glastonbury for years and have always been able to get tickets in the past... First year I have missed out. 😞

28 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Any idea when the resale date usually gets announced?

Might be something for @Gnomicide 🙂 

When is the Resale and When is the Date Announced?
By Year:
29 January (Thu): Resale date announced
5 April (Sun): Resale

16 March (Tue): Resale date announced
11 April (Sun): Resale

25 March (Fri): Resale date announced
17 April (Sun): Resale

18 March (Mon): Resale date announced
21 April (Sun): Resale

31 March (Mon): Resale dates announced
24 April (Thu): Coach Resale
27 April (Sun): General Resale

8 April (Wed): Resale dates announced
16 April (Thu): Coach Resale
19 April (Sun): General Resale

8 April (Fri): Resale Dates announced
14 April (Thu): Coach Resale
17 April (Sun): General Resale

10 April (Mon): Resale Date announced
20 April (Thu): Coach Resale
23 April (Sun): General Resale

07 March (Thu): Resale dates announced
25 April (Thu): Coach Resale
28 April (Sun): General Resale

26 September 2019 (Thu): Resale dates announced
16 April (Thu): Coach Resale
19 April (Sun): General Resale

24 March (Thu): Coach Resale
27 March (Sun): General Resale

• Upvote 2

How’s everyone feeling after that announcement? 

Most of our group feeling more confident and lineup doesn’t appear to have gone down overly well on here… although different story in the comments on Glastonbury socials which seem pretty positive compared to normal