Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Somebody that sold more albums than taylor swift last year. But apparently thats not good enough cause he sings in spanish. Also will be on your tele in april if you watch wrestling. He'll be at wrestlemania.

Constantly accusing us of being xenophobic when Bad shitting Bunny hasn’t even tried to break into the UK market is fucking annoying. But you already know that! 

24 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

What's the current thinking on the RHCP stuff?

Likely to be something in it or just some weird doodling by Flea?

Unlikely, have a date in (I think) Denmark on the Saturday and Poland a few days before. Not impossible but can't see it. Especially with GnR as good as confirmed, people already complaining about a not diverse line-up without it being two rock acts.

I wasn't at Billie but I watched her Glastonbury and Coachella sets both on TV and they pretty much looked identical, and it was hard to get the feeling that the Glastonbury set was special.

Kendrick got it. He knew this was one of the biggest moments of his career. Every second was spent well, every single move was so well thought out. Unbelievable piece of drama

1 minute ago, wro_lap said:

I wasn't at Billie but I watched her Glastonbury and Coachella sets both on TV and they pretty much looked identical, and it was hard to get the feeling that the Glastonbury set was special.

Kendrick got it. He knew this was one of the biggest moments of his career. Every second was spent well, every single move was so well thought out. Unbelievable piece of drama

Kendrick did the exact same set three days beforehand in Italy IIRC

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Honestly it was back to back hits and he went all in. 

I wish people didn’t decorate up their opinions and talk about things they know little about. I wouldn’t go along to a headline set of an act I know little about and say they played no hits (just because I didn’t know the songs).

Billie also played a hits filled set. It was both fan friendly and friendly for casuals.

It was literally the perfect set list. Fuck the moaners. 

45 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If nobody could headline until their fifth album then we’d be stuck with the same old dreary Britpop acts on a constant rotation and nobody new would ever get the chance. 

Don’t you get it? That’s exactly what these festival evangelists want. It’s a very elaborate way of saying “I’m challenged by new music and new headliners and I am doubtful of any acts that I’m unfamiliar with”. The mask slips.

Glasto wouldn’t be the festival it is without jumping on emerging talent.

B4EF76B6-1370-46B9-B94F-B4BB85E434D6.webp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not particularly relevant to the point I made about it just being her tour show.

Aren’t all festival headline sets a modification of their tour show? It’s a weird thing to criticise billie for when most acts do it.

Also.. weird argument tbh. Why jumble up their setlist / massively change their production for the sake of it.

Tour production + a more hits friendly setlist is fine. Most acts do this. 

34 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

That wasn't Flea's drawing, he liked a drawing by the guy who does Radiohead's artwork

I don't think there is anything to it

He also does the Glastonbury t-shirts (every year since 2011) and I suspect the sketch relates to this year's design.  

• Upvote 1

I wonder if there's a direct correlation between COVID vaccination percentages, appetite for travel from bands and artists, and the resulting impact on festivals like Glasto? Had some thought that '23 and '24 are the years where some of the real big bands and artists re-appear...

5 minutes ago, Redacted said:

I wonder if there's a direct correlation between COVID vaccination percentages, appetite for travel from bands and artists, and the resulting impact on festivals like Glasto? Had some thought that '23 and '24 are the years where some of the real big bands and artists re-appear...

2022 lineup didn't really skimp

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t really agree with this at all. Kendrick’s set was back to back hits. 

It irks me when people don’t listen to an artists catalogue and then claim they have no hits. Do they have no hits or have you just not really listened to their material? If you think Kendrick or Billie didn’t play the hits it says a lot.

Not every act needs to be your Killers or Foos with the woaaahs every five fucking minutes to headline the pyramid. 

Can’t fucking believe the crap people are saying about Kenny. Madness😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️