Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

To clarify further I don't think it's something to be pleased about or that it's somehow a good thing that this trio will go down better on notoriously angry and divisive social media platforms. There's a very obvious reason Billie, Kendrick and Stormzy didn't go down well on there.

Exactly this. 

Maybe it's just me but cannot quite see GNR going the full three hours.

1 It's So Easy
2 Mr Brownstone
3 Chinese Democracy
4 Slither
5 Welcome to the Jungle
6 Double Talkin' Jive
7 Live and Let Die
8 Estranged
9 Rocket Queen
10 You Could Be Mine
11 Absurd
12 Hard Skool
13 Civil War
14 Sweet Child O' Mine (with Slash Guitar Solo)
15 November Rain
16 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
17 Nightrain

18 Patience
19 Don't Cry
20 Paradise City

...it doesn't scream all-timer on paper, but there are clearly enough songs there that will command a huge singalong.

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

I get that for each individual year but when you look long term it's 4 in 17 festivals. It was just surprising to me that it was so skewed even after their commitment to unskew it. 

There’s also always options.  Billie E was a surprise for the headline slot but they made it happen. 

Just now, wc23 said:

There’s also always options.  Billie E was a surprise for the headline slot but they made it happen. 

such a surprise that i had it as a TBC over nine months before the show.

5 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Sorry not keeping up with the pace of posts today. But, considering gnr news, has anyone checked in on Neil?

@Neil you alright pal? 

i'm fine, not sure glasto's rep will be, tho, can't guarantee "top level" headliners any more.

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm 145,647 in the queue for a venue with 18,000 capacity 😁

I got into queue at 4,560 and got through.  Got 2 really good floor seated tickets in my basket and went through to next page and total bill was £860!!  Deliberated but just couldn't stomach paying that so let them go.  Part of me regrets not pulling the trigger, but its just too much money

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I got into queue at 4,560 and got through.  Got 2 really good floor seated tickets in my basket and went through to next page and total bill was £860!!  Deliberated but just couldn't stomach paying that so let them go.  Part of me regrets not pulling the trigger, but its just too much money

I got two through AXS, seated somewhere for £200+ each. Total bill £564. Not for me, I might add. 

My ticket-getting lucky streak continues. Hope it remains through April for my friends...

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm pretty sure they'll survive.

i'm sure they will same as i will (i have a meeting with a buyer for efests on monday). this shit isn't worth it anymore for me.

26 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Theoretically, from who's available, and let's say they all agree to do it for the reduced Glastonbury fee, who would you suggest as "top line" headliners for 2023?

Roxy Music, and whoever the two old geezers he was talking to the other day are that weren’t impressed with GnR.

Edited by Jose Pose

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm sure they will same as i will (i have a meeting with a buyer for efests on monday). this shit isn't worth it anymore for me.

If you feel that running this site is not worth the hassle anymore then yeah it's probably time to step away, sell up and go do something you actually enjoy.

I genuinely wish you well in that endeavour.