Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

GnR on the face of it should be a strong booking but I just can’t get behind it myself.

Would 100% be elsewhere.

Having said that I’m going to choose not to believe this to make myself better.

it can't be a strong booking in 2023, and most people will be elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

all i ask for is a line-up worthy of a contemporary arts festival. my ticket will be going back, as will heaps of tickets.

That’s a bit of a pearl clutching overreaction, isn’t it? Even if you hated all three acts, they’ve at least got an incredibly successful act in AM, a ‘vintage’ rock act in GnR, and a living legend/national treasure in Elton. 

You’d seriously rather not go than just avoid one stage at a certain time each night? Can’t get my head around that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Guns and the lads at least have a frisson of possibility, of will they won't they pull it off. It's poundshop Richard Hawley that's the guaranteed lemon.

all three are lemons and not worth the ticket price.

Just now, kalifire said:

That’s a bit of a pearl clutching overreaction, isn’t it? Even if you hated all three acts, they’ve at least got an incredibly successful act in AM, a ‘vintage’ rock act in GnR, and a living legend/national treasure in Elton. 

You’d seriously rather not go than just avoid one stage at a certain time each night? Can’t get my head around that. 

i'm not going to go, for a number of reasons including weak headliners.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

to people who have a strong belief in how emily does things.

Maybe but I don’t think anyone on here is part of her inner circle. Always feel a bit awkward when people talk about her like they sit in on glasto related meetings and understand how she feels. 

she already hinted at them playing so why can’t they?

GnR are a big band and worthy of headlining glasto. Personally, I think they are naff and will be elsewhere but don’t see any issue with their booking at the moment.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Surely someone who's been to as many Glasto's as you have, will know that how good the festival is really isn't defined by the top three acts on the bill?

Edited by leath02

9 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

Anyone can understand fractions, they're just a worse way to do odds - especially if you're comparing things. 8/11 vs 4/9 is just worse in every way than saying 1.73 vs 1.44. 

It's not if you understand fractions. Also, not everyone can understand fractions. That's why companies introduced the decimal feature, for people who don't.

Just now, Neil said:

i'm not happy to pay that high ticket price for those headliners, if i wanted a festival with headliners i don't want to see, i'd go to download.

2 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Surely someone who's been to as many Glasto's as you have, will know that how good the festival is really isn't defined by the top three acts on the bill?

i also know that how good the festival is, is defined by my ability to do the festival, in my bad health its too much.

Just now, leath02 said:

Yeah fair enough, I guess I take for granted being able to dash between stages

yeah, and i need band reasons to put myself thru it, gnr don't give me the motivation.

Just saying that if you want to criticise AM, GNR, Elton that is completely valid and you are allowed to do so. I don’t like this cult mentality sometimes that we always have to be thankful for whatever Glasto give us.

It’s a stinker of a trio.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Matt42 said:

Just saying that if you want to criticise AM, GNR, Elton that is completely valid and you are allowed to do so. I don’t like this cult mentality sometimes that we always have to be thankful for whatever Glasto give us.

It’s a strong trio, whatever you think about the headliners. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not hugely enthused about two of that three but objectively it’s a very big trio. You won’t see many bigger, certainly in the U.K.