2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

SZA wasn't even on my radar to headline for the gig, truth be told. At the same time, I can think of plenty of others who seem to be available (seem being the key word) who would likely cost a similar amount and would probably prove to pack the muscle more for such a gig.

But, if it is SZA, then I absolutely hope she proves naysayers wrong, such as myself, and knocks it out of the bloody park.

Which other acts do you think are available/more suitable out of interest?

Just now, RaphPH said:

I still half-suspect that Kings Of Leon will be drafted in to do Friday like a Killers style replacement deal …but that Austria date they have in between the UK tour might scupper it

Tbh I think that Austria date definitely means they're not headlining Friday - with all the extra travel checks since Brexit, it'd be too risky for such a prominent slot unless they had a second set of gear already in the country.

11 hours ago, kpins said:

Do bookies genuinely allow bets on Glastonbury headliners? Surely those in the know (admittedly a very small circle) can just put a load of money on. It's not like sport where no-one knows the outcome. 

Limited to small bets. I think back in 2014 ish people made decent money on here- maybe Kasabian or Metalicca or both I can't remember.

Bookies offer odds on player to move to X team- it's a similar concept. 

As soon as any big money goes on it the odds drop rapidly.

Just now, kalifire said:

Is that it for BST this year?

They've got one more spare date (of the 9 on the licence) - assuming that it's correct that the Stevie Wonder show pencilled in for Friday June 28th is now off the table.

The replacement show doesn't necessarily need to be June 28th though. They could easily do say a Thursday show on one of the weekends if that's when a replacement artist is available.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kpins said:

Do bookies genuinely allow bets on Glastonbury headliners? Surely those in the know (admittedly a very small circle) can just put a load of money on. It's not like sport where no-one knows the outcome. 

It's silly to have a market at all for something as like you say is very easy to exploit with insider knowledge.

I remember a few years ago seeing a bookies betting market for 'who will win the Apprentice' on like episode 2, of course a show which has been pre-recorded several months earlier.

Unsurprisingly the eventual winner had a price of about 1/50

15 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Can someone explain the “d@b up” / “d@b down” vernacular to me?

Former users on here used to use it which amongst other things led to bans (some justified, many more not justified) hence why you can't actually type the proper word. Essentially I think d@b down means bad and d@b up means good. 

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Could SZA do Friday instead? SZA - Dua Lipa - Kings of Leon?

What’s happened to Coldplay?

Kings of Leon are not headlining Glastonbury ever again btw, even after them losing out on two headliners and being in a pickle.

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

What’s happened to Coldplay?

Kings of Leon are not headlining Glastonbury ever again btw, even after them losing out on two headliners and being in a pickle.

Nothing, so to speak, but given everything else appears to be falling by the wayside, thought I'd just suggest it for the heck of it, to be fair.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Ah ok miscommunication in watts app 

He was also a big poster here for many years.  Makes a nice change to have somewhat of a surprise when the poster appears

1 minute ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

So people believe Dave is sub level and SZA is headline level?

Okay...

Sometimes it’s what people will accept too. Lizzo argubably could of headlined, Capaldi was bigger than 3rd down and I’d argue Miley Cyrus was well underbilled

3 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Reliable poster on discord seems to have changed the headliner discourse a few times now. I think nobody knows owt.

Or things have been quickly changing behind the scenes and we’ve been getting updates as it goes along.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Reliable poster on discord seems to have changed the headliner discourse a few times now. I think nobody knows owt.

Lol, you're so right! 

It just always seems to be people trying to show off that they're 'in the know' 

No one really seems to know. But it's been a fun ride this year

• Downvote 1