2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yes.....but Adele delivered a classic that year which helped to offset some of the repetition factor

Dua will likely do the same.

It's not gonna be The Killers, anyway. At least not this far out. They'd be more of a last minute replacement if it comes to it.

31 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Well it is also weird that fans of a band would prefer to see "just the hits" for the 5th or 20th time. For most bands I know, I would probably skip a festival set if it is more less guaranteed they will play the same songs again. I would prefer some objectively less popular songs.

There is a big difference between a fan and someone who has seen the band a dozen times.

If you’ve seen someone 20 times I’d say it’s pretty unlikely that number 21 is what sold you on an entire festival lineup. For most of the crowd they’re gonna be right miffed if they’re watching the Killers for the first time and don’t get Mr Brightside. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The only metric that really maters is how they go down on the night, on that basis 2019 was a roaring success.

Dua and Coldplay will both be equally well received I'd wager.

I only went to The Cure but there’s no doubt all 3 of them went over well. The Cure were absolutely brilliant, one of the best sets I’ve ever seen on the farm. Turned me into a fan.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

There are still good songs after All These Things - I love Midnight Show, for instance, and I know a lot of fans still have time for On Top. But I agree it's a very unbalanced album.

I remember seeing Muse play Origin in full at Reading in 2011, which has New Born, Bliss and Plug in Baby - the 3 big singles - in the first half, then the second got a bit more weird and out there, and those were the songs that I think a general festival audience would've gone "... what the hell is this?" at.

I was at that Muse set. Didn’t think it really worked. A mixed set is definitely better for a festival.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

That title can only be attributed after the event.

Someone made the very valid point that on paper Stormzy - Killers - Cure is a pretty uninspiring trio, and yet all three gave universally beloved performances.

Every set of headliners gets labelled ‘the worst ever’ by someone. It’s part of the Efestivals circle of life.

54 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

There is a big difference between a fan and someone who has seen the band a dozen times.

Sure, I realise not everyone is like us, and some people have only seen their favourite band once or twice, which is obviously going to be the case for people in their early 20s.

7 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I don't think her second album was fantastic. Her first was excellent and her 2nd was good. I have no doubt she'll headline because she's building a big fanbase, I just think it would a weak and underwhelming headline performance at this stage of her career. What difference to her performance does it make that she 'gets' Glastonbury?

her 2nd is an improvement on the first album in every way. by some stretch critically. and yes an artist who understands glastonbury is something. we go on about it all the time for many artists. every year, look at arctics. u they couldnt give a sh*t. Thats a bang average performance.  What does it matter it was their 3rd? if anything doesnt that mean it should go to o rod a its her first?! 🤣

billie headlined at the same stage of her career. 2 albums. she may be more of a commercial success but olivia rodrigo had better albums critically.  

anyhoo, she would be a great headliner, fun and would make it special. she would engage with the crowd and bring out special guests. have a few sing along covers too. would be a top night. could they do "bigger?" yes, is it weak? hell no.

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

her 2nd is an improvement on the first album in every way.by some stretch critically. and yes an artist who understands glastonbury is something. we go on about it all the time for many artists. every year, look at arctics. u they couldnt give a sh*t. Thats a bang average performance.  What does it matter it was their 3rd? if anything doesnt that mean it should go to o rod a its her first?! 🤣

billie headlined at the same stage of her career. 2 albums. she may be more of a commercial success but olivia rodrigo had better albums critically.  

anyhoo, she would be a great headliner, fun and would make it special. she would engage with the crowd and bring out special guests. have a few sing along covers too. would be a top night. could they do "bigger?" yes, is it weak? hell no.

Except for number of albums sold?

I get it you’re an Oliver Rodrigo fan. So am I…I just don’t think she’d be a great pyramid headliner right now.IMG_9738.thumb.jpeg.8148a5e0bd2fcd5fccbcd800402a875b.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Except for number of albums sold?

I get it you’re an Oliver Rodrigo fan. So am I…I just don’t think she’d be a great pyramid headliner right now.IMG_9738.thumb.jpeg.8148a5e0bd2fcd5fccbcd800402a875b.jpeg

i wasnt talking about commercially. look at the review scores across all critics. 

edit: i did a quick google and guts out sold sour in the same time period according to billboard.

Edited by TiZuff