2024 Headliners

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Does it even matter? Especially with pop acts?

If you go to see Madonna do you really want half the stage taken up with blokes you've never heard of with guitars and drums? Or would you rather see a production?

band... I want a band.. god damn it. just not Chris Martin's band .. self righteous w*nkers 

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Me and Mrs.MEGABOWL had a look through a fan video of one of her O2 shows and I was unimpressed. Didn’t play a lot of stuff I like and when she did it was remixed or a snippet e.g. Into the Groove and Like a Prayer we’re tinkered with, Justify any Love was almost Bob Dylan-level unrecognisable. La Isla Bonita was cut short and Crazy For You was about 90 seconds. If it’s the same show I’ll pass.

Saw her at Coachella in 2006. Arrived late, faffed about for ages between songs, played hardly anything in full or properly, then fecked off to her helicopter. Compared to Daft Punk in the same tent the night before, it was world's apart (they blew the roof off the place). 

1 hour ago, George_92 said:

both ideally. I get your point though 

It's horses for courses, obviously if you're going to see a rock or indie band then yes of course you need to see them playing their own instruments.

However if you're seeing a pop act famous for theatricality and production then the "live band" element is much less of an issue.

33 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Probably been mentioned a tonne of times but I'd be expecting The Chemical Brothers to headline other on one of the nights? Just on the basis they are a favourite, their new album is pretty good and they last played in 2019 if I am right.

They’ve played on every album tour since… forever, so wouldn’t at all be surprised to see them there in their usual Other slot. 

20 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

A good place as any to start!

Ghosteen Speaks worked excellently on the Cave/Ellis shows I was fortunate enough to catch. I know Higgs Boson Blues remains one of his favourites, but I would be switching that out for Push the Sky Away any day of the week.

Think if we were revising that for a Glastonbury audience, we could try this for a ninety-minute set - though I'm aware it is probably too ballad-heavy. (Hey, this is my dream!)

1 There She Goes, My Beautiful World
2 From Her to Eternity
3 Tupelo
4 O Children
5 Jubilee Street
6 I Need You
7 Stagger Lee
8 Red Right Hand
9 The Mercy Seat
10 Where the Wild Roses Grow
11 Galleon Ship
12 The Ship Song
13 Into My Arms
14 Ghosteen Speaks
15 The Weeping Song
16 Push the Sky Away

Hollywood needs to be given its live legs. Unbelievable.

20 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

That final run is pretty maudlin’ alright! Dig!!!, Lazarus, Dig!!! tracks never seem to get much of an airing, which is a pity. 

Yep. Midnight Man is a stone cold classic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So....we gonna talk about 👑 🐝?

I'm taking it with a huge old pinch of salt, but if she's back in Europe doing festivals then she's not quote as unlikely a prospect as she maybe was 24 hours ago...

They won't have Coldplay and Beyoncé both headlining in the same year again.

53 minutes ago, Glastozone said:

Beyoncé playing would match up with Emily saying ‘Oh my god, this is incredible. Thank God we held the slot.’ about a mystery big American artist. But probably not her as her performance in 2011 seemed like a one-off, but who knows?

Don't think she'll play next year.

But also don't think 2011 was one and done. I reckon with 2011 being her on the rise, we'll get a victory lap at some point - albeit maybe another 5-10 years down the line.

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Does it even matter? Especially with pop acts?

If you go to see Madonna do you really want half the stage taken up with blokes you've never heard of with guitars and drums? Or would you rather see a production?

Why is it one or the other? They don't have to be visible (or blokes) but a live band elevates things to another level.