2024 Headliners

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

Certainly Glasto, even with higher prices, works out cheaper for us than the cost of flying to Coachella as well as already been more pricey for tix/drinks.

The secret is I dont drink alcohol. 🤷🏻‍♂️

really.....

Edited by Suprefan

Was everyone in attendance suitably blown away by his performance in 2009 and would there be any difference in a set the second time round? I know his live shows are supposed to be fantastic, but I can't say that I've seen that reaction from anyone who was there the last time out. Personally, I swerved him, so I can't comment, just interested to see what the thoughts are from those who were there

Just now, On The Blend said:

If it is Dua/ Coldplay/ Bruce it does feel a bit disingenuous for Emily to make such a big fuss about two female headliners and then move the goalposts to mean Sunday afternoon is a headline slot.

Not really.  She said she'd booked one and was trying for another and had high hopes in that direction.

But if Madge didn't pan out and suddenly you took a call from the Boss then you're not going say no are you.

That said, it still leaves the question of where P!nk fits into all this.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was everyone in attendance suitably blown away by his performance in 2009 and would there be any difference in a set the second time round? I know his live shows are supposed to be fantastic, but I can't say that I've seen that reaction from anyone who was there the last time out. Personally, I swerved him, so I can't comment, just interested to see what the thoughts are from those who were there

Chance for him to nail it after not quite getting it in the net last time around.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Chance for him to nail it after not quite getting it in the net last time around.

Ran over this with a mate the other day, and while it would require a spot of serious tweaking from the relatively static nature of his current run:

1 No Surrender
2 Ghosts
3 Hungry Heart
4 The Promised Land
5 Out in the Street
6 Radio Nowhere
7 I'm on Fire
8 The River
9 Because the Night
10 Atlantic City
11 Wrecking Ball
12 The Rising
13 Badlands
14 Thunder Road
15 Born in the USA
16 Jungleland
17 Born to Run
18 Glory Days
19 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
20 Dancing in the Dark

That would come in around the 125-minute mark. Tight and immense. (Wouldn't happen though.)

I'm doubtful. Playing Glasto would require a two day gap between either his Nijmegen or Werchter show, which he's not doing anywhere else on his tour unless he's playing the same venue twice. Looks like he's giving himself a lot of room for rest in between shows so if he is playing Glastonbury that would be a clear outlier.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was assuming Werchter was a festival show - but if its not then that does mean only a five day window.

No other festival shows on the tour.  Hmmm.

But would any festivals be announced by now?

Must be a fair chance a few get added, and some of those gaps become smaller

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was assuming Werchter was a festival show - but if its not then that does mean only a five day window.

No other festival shows on the tour.  Hmmm.

It does seem weird as Werchter festival doesn’t start until the 4th. He has played TW classic on the Werchter site, a one day thing where they only use the main stage and there is no camping, but it is normally at a different time to the festival by a couple of weeks.