2024 Headliners

4 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There is a minuscule, 1% chance of it happening if she plays Coachella, which would also require a different set-up and actually pays enough for it to be worth the trouble. If she did that then it would be fairly straightforward to get that across the Atlantic for Glastonbury )and presumably a few other festivals too). But that still doesn’t solve the issue of the strong likelihood of her adding a Sunday night in Dublin. This entire conversation is utterly pointless. 

welcome to efestivals

she's clearly up for it money wise as she was booked for it just a few years back

1 hour ago, Amy Lawn said:

more you know wow

thank god my blur tickets were free (and that the rest of them are normal)

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I thought B Flowers was gunna try to sell us all a Monorail when he appeared on stage.

I wanted to make this exact crack when he came on, by my partner had gone to the cider bus so I had to keep it to myself like little Charlie Brown

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To be fair that is what he's managed to do.

I don't know if you're 

a) making a reference to the very dead "glastonbury monorail" joke

b) saying he's managed to somehow swindle us in the way similar to Lyle Lanley because you don't like Brandon FLowers

c) talking about something else entirely

22 hours ago, GlastoFlow said:

Could Bombay Bicycle Club be a Park headliner? They’ve announced a small tour this year. I’m thinking there may be a bigger tour in the pipeline for next year?

They are not on good terms with the festival 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

How come?

Don’t know the full details but there’s been some sort of fallout between their last set and not making it onto the 2020 bill. What I’ve heard is “they don’t expect to be asked again”. This was also the case for 2023 as well.

13 hours ago, foolee said:

Madonna, Green Day & Taylor Swift would be such a good set of headliners. 

I think most people would fancy one out of those three at least  - middle one for me please! - even if just out of curiosity or to annoy their mates back at home 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t know the full details but there’s been some sort of fallout between their last set and not making it onto the 2020 bill. What I’ve heard is “they don’t expect to be asked again”. This was also the case for 2023 as well.

Can’t be that bad because they posted their 2010 set on Instagram and in the comments said they weren’t playing this year unless somebody dropped out and they were asked. So they’re open to playing again

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtrZcQWvzEa/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

23 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’m still minded to think that until Taylor fills that Sunday night gap she’s in the frame.

Reasons:

1. Emily’s “we’ve got her next time she tours” comments. Given how careful she is with her comments to the media there’s no way she would say that unless there was a pretty clear agreement on both sides.

2. She has form for doing 3-4 nights on the spin on her current tour. Dublin to Glastonbury overnight is hardly crossing the Atlantic is it?

3. She’s agreed to do it before.

4. Cutting a three hour show down to a two hour show isn’t that big an ask really. Just involves playing fewer songs.

Could easily be that she doesn’t do it, she might go back on her agreement with Emily, she might add another Dublin night. But until she’s definitively ruled out there’s a chance IMO.

(if she is out then it needs to be made public before T-Day)

The more I think about it the more obvious is seems to be. 

I think that TS will add more dates but to assume that one of these will be a 3rd date In Dublin is bonkers 

Ireland is a tiny nation of just 5million people 3 dates would be absolutely overkill. More dates in London makes sense but Dublin no way.

Kind of leaves the only bit of evidence against her being that people think she won't change her show!!!  

Are basically thinking that Taylor Swift will never headline Glastonbury until she designs a tour that without change will fit on the Pyramid. 

I think people are very desperate to rule her put and have celebrated evidence that is not as concrete as they think. 

1 minute ago, AVALON.G said:

The more I think about it the more obvious is seems to be. 

I think that TS will add more dates but to assume that one of these will be a 3rd date In Dublin is bonkers 

Ireland is a tiny nation of just 5million people 3 dates would be absolutely overkill. More dates in London makes sense but Dublin no way.

Kind of leaves the only bit of evidence against her being that people think she won't change her show!!!  

Are basically thinking that Taylor Swift will never headline Glastonbury until she designs a tour that without change will fit on the Pyramid. 

I think people are very desperate to rule her put and have celebrated evidence that is not as concrete as they think. 

I dont think you understand how many people want to come to europe and the uk for the tour cause its cheaper than north america. I have friends who were looking at the dublin date. Theres still time to add more dates because the first presales are coming and they can def see the rollover demand from that to put more dates up. Wembley in june prob gets another and then dublin.  Singapore which is a small nation of 5 million and has 6 dates now because they got 8 million registrations in the first 24 hours. Thats because everyone in southeast asia and even australia are trying to go.

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I dont think you understand how many people want to come to europe and the uk for the tour cause its cheaper than north america. I have friends who were looking at the dublin date. Theres still time to add more dates because the first presales are coming and they can def see the rollover demand from that to put more dates up. Wembley in june prob gets another and then dublin.  Singapore which is a small nation of 5 million and has 6 dates now because they got 8 million registrations in the first 24 hours. Thats because everyone in southeast asia and even australia are trying to go.

And can Dublin handle that many extra tourists....   I'm not so sure 

You make an argument for extra dates - yeah I agree with that much.   But not anything specific to one of those extra dates being in Dublin .

2 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

And can Dublin handle that many extra tourists....   I'm not so sure 

You make an argument for extra dates - yeah I agree with that much.   But not anything specific to one of those extra dates being in Dublin .

Because when theres been a big sporting match in dublin or a huge concert tour they havent managed? The city doesnt get to decide on such a thing. Theyll gladly take the tourist money. And I would guarantee you right now the hotel prices in Dublin have spiked already. Every city in the u.s that has the tour coming has ridiculous hotel and airbnb prices. It translates everywhere. The other thing is that lets say dublin doesnt get an extra date and she just never ends up on the lineup, then what? Whose fault is it gonna be. Most glasto headliners arent coming off 2 straight gigs in a row anyway. A day off is welcome regardless of who you are. If this was going to be 100% happening and Emily knew the tour routing and all that which she clearly does then you have her play thursday and friday which leave Sunday perfectly open. She has mid week shows in some cities so thats not a weird thing either.

just looked and multiple properties are either sold out or high priced. 

IMG_6393.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Because when theres been a big sporting match in dublin or a huge concert tour they havent managed? The city doesnt get to decide on such a thing. Theyll gladly take the tourist money. And I would guarantee you right now the hotel prices in Dublin have spiked already. Every city in the u.s that has the tour coming has ridiculous hotel and airbnb prices. It translates everywhere. The other thing is that lets say dublin doesnt get an extra date and she just never ends up on the lineup, then what? Whose fault is it gonna be. Most glasto headliners arent coming off 2 straight gigs in a row anyway. A day off is welcome regardless of who you are. If this was going to be 100% happening and Emily knew the tour routing and all that which she clearly does then you have her play thursday and friday which leave Sunday perfectly open. She has mid week shows in some cities so thats not a weird thing either.

just looked and multiple properties are either sold out or high priced. 

IMG_6393.jpeg

Honestly London is nearly twice the pop size of the entire country of Ireland that is where international visitors will gravitate to. 

Again Taylor does more than 3  or even 4 gigs in a row all the time so not a blocker. 

I'm not committed to thinking TS will headline 

The only point I'm making is people are celebrating finding conclusive evidence that she cant headline and its certainly not concrete its mostly assumptions at this point. 

Remember when Elton John was ruled out for having a gig in France?..    

I think you need to wait for the 3rd gig in Ireland to actually exist before you rule her out.   We will know in 2 weeks. Assuming the extra dates are announced straight after sales. 

Till then it seems absolutely bonkers to rule TS out. 

I know people seem absolutely desperate to rule her out but its definitely too soon for that. 

To quote Stevan Segall  "assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups"