2024 Headliners

6 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I don't want it to be. I don't hate them but if we are to get one non pop music / massive stage production night then they wouldn't be my first choice or even second. 

The RHCP as I mentioned above would be fun for the sing-a-longs. Well it would be for my group anyway. We'd all take them right now. 

They could miss out on a rock act altogether though of course and have a rapper plus two female pop acts but I think that would be a brave move and I doubt they would do it. 

I think the other stage would need some very strong guitar driven headliners two (if not three) nights to make that work.

1 minute ago, WillyVWade said:

I think the other stage would need some very strong guitar driven headliners two (if not three) nights to make that work.

Looking back through the headliners for the last 20 odd years there's not been a single year without at least one rock / indie headliner.

I think it's safe to assume we will get one. 

Do the 1975 qualify as rock? I mean they play guitars don't they but it's very very very soft rock at best. Hopefully it's not them as Im not a huge fan. 

I think the festival really needs to give at least one headline slot to an emerging new artist. The festival was near perfect for me this year but I really do think its time they go back to giving artists their "chance" so to speak. It was great when Stormzy had his shot and smashed it. I absolutely would not be opposed to a Dua Lipa headline slot or even go further and ruffle feathers with someone like Fred Again. I'd probably not bother with the latter but its clear he could draw a huge crowd.

13 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I think the festival really needs to give at least one headline slot to an emerging new artist. The festival was near perfect for me this year but I really do think its time they go back to giving artists their "chance" so to speak. It was great when Stormzy had his shot and smashed it. I absolutely would not be opposed to a Dua Lipa headline slot or even go further and ruffle feathers with someone like Fred Again. I'd probably not bother with the latter but its clear he could draw a huge crowd.

Yep agreed - always feels like there should be one act that is being bumped up to headliner each year, as opposed to them all being at that level already. We didn't get that this year but in the recent past Billie, Stormzy and Florence have all done well. It absolutely makes sense if Dua gets the nod.

• Like 2

There's only a point in bumping up an artist that has something special about them and looks likely to go the distance.

Otherwise we could be looking back at a list of Pyramid headliners littered with one hit wonders or that are, in retrospect, total facepalms.

Sort of like the late 90s / early 00s Travis and Stereophonics years.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's only a point in bumping up an artist that has something special about them and looks likely to go the distance.

Otherwise we could be looking back at a list of Pyramid headliners littered with one hit wonders or that are, in retrospect, total facepalms.

Sort of like the late 90s / early 00s Travis and Stereophonics years.

Don't get the hate for Phonics. Top band in my opinion with a good back catalogue and Kelly Jones is utterly sublime live. Some of the best vocals I have seen live. 

Travis I will grant you are a bit meh. 

14 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Madonna’s tour has been postponed. Might end up working in the festival’s favour if it gets pushed back later into 2024. Obviously her health is the most important thing though. 

I think there's a very good chance she will be one of the two female headliners. Probably going with either Dua Lipa (likely) or Taylor Swift (less likely) as the other. 

She's certainly got the hits and stage presence so as long as she can hold the vocal together it would be a strong headliner for sure.

10 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I think there's a very good chance she will be one of the two female headliners. Probably going with either Dua Lipa (likely) or Taylor Swift (less likely) as the other. 

She's certainly got the hits and stage presence so as long as she can hold the vocal together it would be a strong headliner for sure.

Certainly a better chance than it was an hour ago. Just have to hope she recovers fully and doesn’t rush anything. 

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Ah okay. The opposite of a like for like replacement but good to know she hasn’t completely lost her mind. 

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/glastonburys-emily-eavis-insists-booked-30306717

quite an interesting article regarding them booking 2023 headliners. Assuming it was swift or rihanna who pulled out. Also shows again why Lizzo wasn't a headliner (not that she was big enough anyway)

I believe Taylor said no, Rihanna dropped out, in come GNR.

After the info, if it is purely the headliners have have headlined before then Dua is a lock for me. If it they have never played before then I think you're looking at Rihanna and Madonna.

53 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

For the life of me I can’t understand why some people think Taylor is a possibility for next year. Even though she’s technically available on the Sunday, given that she’s not doing festivals this tour, and a one-off Glasto would mean plenty of rehearsal for a show different to all the others on the tour, playing Dublin on the Friday and Saturday doesn’t suggest this is remotely likely. At best a special guest to someone else.

2 hours ago, Barry Trotter said:

As long as it's not dua lipa. She chose a civilised meal with pals over a duet with sir Elton on the biggest stage in front of over 120k people. Disgustinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Well she did get her other performance of the song streamed across the world on disney plus for everyone to watch where millions saw it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Suprefan

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

For the life of me I can’t understand why some people think Taylor is a possibility for next year. Even though she’s technically available on the Sunday, given that she’s not doing festivals this tour, and a one-off Glasto would mean plenty of rehearsal for a show different to all the others on the tour, playing Dublin on the Friday and Saturday doesn’t suggest this is remotely likely. At best a special guest to someone else.

She will guest with the 1975 🤣

God imagine being Emily Eavis, you've spent the last 20 years doing such an amazing job of keeping Glastonbury up to date and totally refreshing its entire vibe and making it bigger than ever, and then you get goddamn Rihanna booked for next year. Then she gets preggers and drops out and everyone yells at you and calls you sexist for it.

On 6/27/2023 at 11:50 PM, Redacted said:

Metallica for the legends slot - there's a three week gap between their show in Copenhagen (June 16) and their show in Warsaw (July 5). Would also be 10 years, seems as close to a certainty you can get to me.

To add, it will be the 40 year anniversary of Ride The Lightning, so open with For Whom the Bell Tolls and close with Fade to Black, with old and new stuff in between 🙂

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Taylor has her own private jet, it's not that impossible

6 hours ago, Drinky said:

Paramore would be a likely Other headliner I reckon - good counter programming to Dua Lipa for example

Thats the wrong kind of counter programming. Other headliner against Dua would be like QOTSA. Paramore should sub Dua more than anything if they were same day. You must not know what kind of music Paramore plays.

6 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

God imagine being Emily Eavis, you've spent the last 20 years doing such an amazing job of keeping Glastonbury up to date and totally refreshing its entire vibe and making it bigger than ever, and then you get goddamn Rihanna booked for next year. Then she gets preggers and drops out and everyone yells at you and calls you sexist for it.

Its warranted because Emily made the mistake of admitting that Lizzo couldve headlined and that her name was bumped on the poster just to make it "look" not as bad when it came to the headliners. And for some reason she hadnt locked down Lizzo sooner which is just plain weird. If youre working right this second to get acts for next year you make em sign on the dotted line now. I mean its understandable why they barely made any announcements on this last festival cycle and that the initial lineup was much smaller cause they were having trouble in other areas, but still. And the other thing when it comes to her saying nobody wants to nurture and bring up new female acts to get to the top of the bill then she should take it upon herself to make the leap instead of waiting around. If she wants to do her 3 female headline billing then just do it and stop trying to keep the lawn chair crowd happy.

I don’t really know too much of whether this is Glasto enough but I think it’d be cool: 

PYRAMID: The 1975 / Doja Cat / Fontaines D.C. 

OTHER: Sam Smith 

PYRAMID: Taylor Swift / Paramore / Little Simz 

OTHER: The Prodigy

PYRAMID: Madonna / Janelle Monáe / Aerosmith (special guest) 

OTHER: Bring Me The Horizon 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t really know too much of whether this is Glasto enough but I think it’d be cool: 

PYRAMID: The 1975 / Doja Cat / Little Simz 

OTHER: Sam Smith 

PYRAMID: Taylor Swift / Paramore / Little Simz 

OTHER: The Prodigy

PYRAMID: Madonna / Janelle Monáe / Aerosmith (special Guest) 

OTHER: Bring Me The Horizon 

the meat and potatoes crew would have a fit about the Friday.

Hell yes to the other two days although after Elton’s crowd I feel like they’ll try and book stronger Other headliners to go up against ‘mega’ Pyramid headliners. Or they should do, at least.