2024 Headliners

41 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Nah I cant stand her music and wouldnt watch her. 

I just don't think any of reasons you have given are reasons she wont headline. 

Loads of acts historically have made changes to there show to suit the Glastonbury stage in the past so I dont see why TS wouldnt. 

I have read and considered everything you have said and I dont think any of it has convinced me that she is not the most likely candidate to headline next year.

Can you point out 'loads' especially headliners. 

Most of her tour is 3 dates in the place. Followed by a break and then another set of 3. She has two in Dublin and then a break, most people think that the Sunday will be filled in by a Dublin date. 

Its also a pop show, with lights, choreography and costumes to match the show, that would all have to be changed. I don't know ANY headliner that has had to do that, especially within 24 hours and a flight away. 

Then you add in that her shows have been 3 hours + and would have to change the setlist which hasn't changed at all, quite significantly as well. 

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Foals on Other in 2022 looked amazing (wasn't there). It looked far better than either of Billie's or Macca's sets.

Unfortunately, that's not what it's all about. It's about if your face fits as much as anything these days.

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if your face doesn't fit, don't you?

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Foals on Other in 2022 looked amazing (wasn't there). It looked far better than either of Billie's or Macca's sets.

Unfortunately, that's not what it's all about. It's about if your face fits as much as anything these days.

I thought Foals were brilliant on the Other in 2022. But that’s the perfect slot for them, they’re not big enough to headline the Pyramid. Dua Lipa OTOH is nailed on for next year, an entirely worthy headliner and one Id go and see.

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Not sure if anyone posted the latest odds. These are from OddsChecker:

image.thumb.png.cc3ac2b2845f81a18565642b1f54a73f.png

Them Taylor Swift odds are laughable in the circumstances. Dave and The 1975 might be worth a punt at that price though.

Page 46... Do we ever have 9 more glorious months of this to enjoy...

"Taylor can still do it." 

"Foo Fighters can still do it"

"Dua Lipa hasn't earned it."

"Foals should get the nod"

"Tame Impala deserve to headline."

"The singer from The 1975 is too toxic to headline Glastonbury"

"Pearl Jam aren't relevant. Depeche Mode aren't relevant. AC/DC aren't relevant."

"Too many men. Not enough women."

"It's box-ticking..."

"Chris Martin"

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Dua has about 72m monthly listeners on Spotify compared to Foals' 4m. So, she's about 17.75 times bigger on listens alone. 

Foals could just be on a bunch of Costa Coffee playlists for all we know tho. Likewise, Dua might just get lots more air play in your local neighbourhood pilates class, mind you 😆

Lets forget about bands then and just get One Direction, Rihanna and co to play every year if this is the logic we're now using. You can't base booking headliners on just that metric.  

I don't think Foals should or will headline either. I'd just be more likely to go watch them if they did over a pop act.

Just now, Benjsh said:

Lets forget about bands then and just get One Direction, Rihanna and co to play every year if this is the logic we're now using. You can't base booking headliners on just that metric.  

I don't think Foals should or will headline either. I'd just be more likely to go watch them if they did over a pop act.

I genuinely don't understand in what direction you've ran with my comment in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

who the hell has been putting money on Gwen Stefani to headline Glastonbury in the year of our lord 2024 

Yeah, it's definitely not a list of people with educated guesses. Foos are 100% out. Taylor around 90% out. Coldplay too, I think would be a highly surprising booking. 

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Dua's massive, a huge streaming and radio presence, a brilliant British (via Kosovo) success story, would be a first time UK festival headline for her, and has just completed an insanely profitable and acclaimed world tour of sold out arenas. She'd be brilliant, and fully deserving.

I'm sure the people who like her will enjoy it.

Hopefully they put The Prodigy / Fred Again or somebody like that against her on the Other Stage. That's where I'd be heading to. 

It's got to be Dua for next year, surely that's the nailed on one...I'd probably go and see her but I just really prefer the headline sets on the pyramid where people are playing their own instruments... I just always find it such a shame when it becomes a giant karaoke arena. But I don't mind it for the other slots and thoroughly enjoyed the extravagance and energy of Lil Nas X set so that's just me being super picky and I know because of the space you have to think about the crowds over everything else.

I'd absolutely LOVE it to be ACDC but I don't know about the likelihood of that one...surely they'll be exclusive somewhere else paying a bit more.

Would love to see Paramore on the farm. What are the chances?

3 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

This argument is so old now. The same sh*t has been said constantly, the same sh*t was said when Jay Z headlined.

The rhetoric you're using could of been used for Arctics first headline slot. Haven't earned it, aren't big enough, don't have a good enough show and are only liked by high schoolers. 

Glastonbury is always going to have indie bands, they will always have and try to get the biggest acts at the time to headline. Dua Lipa is one of the current biggest pop acts in the world who has yet to do it. This year you had Arctic Monkeys and Guns N Roses, yet here you are saying 'Forget about bands' Ridiculous statements. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I'm sure the people who like her will enjoy it.

Hopefully they put The Prodigy / Fred Again or somebody like that against her on the Other Stage. That's where I'd be heading to. 

I personally don't think Fred deserves it, not done enough and is only liked by high schoolers and people that like dance music. Where's the guitars?!?!?! 

41 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Lol. Just say you don't like women and be done with it. 

Dua is 50x bigger than Foals ever were.

Chill out, mate.

In the same post I said I’d get if Taylor or Rihanna headlined although not being my cup of tea. Only thing I gave my opinion on not liking was mainstream chart music, I’d class Styles/Capaldi etc in the same category too, but with the rumours of 3 and almost certainty of at least 2 female headliners in 2024 I gave the former 2 as examples.

I just don’t see Dua Lipa having anywhere near enough about her than Rihanna or Taylor. That’s just my opinion.

Wolf Alice are my favourite band in the world, I absolutely love so many female artists both solo and in bands, so don’t be throwing out accusations like that on here.