2024 Headliners

4 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Tame Impala are not headlining the Pyramid ffs. Other Stage fine but there’s been a clear and decisive break from the era of ‘6 Music’ headliners since Arcade Fire and there’s no indication that’s about to reverse. 

Who crawled up your arse? 

Tame Impala would be absolutely fine with me but I don't think they'd get a huge crowd tbh. Can't see it happening. 

Madonna

Rihanna or Dua Lipa

That's my bet and makes me not even want to try and get a ticket. Trouble is....we won't know until it's too late. 

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

Tame Impala would be absolutely fine with me but I don't think they'd get a huge crowd tbh. Can't see it happening. 

Madonna

Rihanna or Dua Lipa

That's my bet and makes me not even want to try and get a ticket. Trouble is....we won't know until it's too late. 

Think if they got Dua and Madge/Rihanna in the same year then they’d want a meat and potatoes rock band to balance it out, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Think if they got Dua and Madge/Rihanna in the same year then they’d want a meat and potatoes rock band to balance it out, unfortunately. 

Unfortunately???

I'd argue the opposite. It would be very fortunate. If they go for three pop acts it will be dreary.

Watch it be Coldplay again now.....haha

5 hours ago, prestonmike said:

Sunday night headliner next year, a new group called CDR, Chris, Dave and Rick

Chris martin on guitar/paino

Dave Grohl on drums/guitar

and Rick Astley on vocals

2 hours of requests from the audience with no planned setlist

Johnny Marr guesting on select songs.

Coldplay are due a return, it’s gonna happen again in the next two or three festivals.

Tame Impala are very dull live. I’ve said it before here, they’re so good and true to the record that it feels like you’re watching a magic eye whilst listening to the record. Not a massively bad thing, but I don’t think it’d go down well.. I didn’t enjoy the Other headliner set in 2019, as much as I love them.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

The Strokes are the last remaining major guitar band from the last 15-20 years not to have done. Perfect Friday night headline act for me. 

They never seem to get a look in though. JC isn't the most charismatic front men though. Might be why. 

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Sorry have I missed something? Thought Taylor Swift was a shoe-in for the Sunday?

She'd have to have a totally different stage set up from Dublin the night before surely? No way they are getting all that gear from Dublin to Glastonbury in less than 24 hrs. 

It's not impossible they could make alternative arrangements but it seems unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Sorry have I missed something? Thought Taylor Swift was a shoe-in for the Sunday?

No. The opposite. Has the Sunday free for now but that’s unlikely to be the case once she starts adding extra dates to her tour. And she probably wouldn’t do consecutive nights in different countries anyway. Sadly. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Playing in Dublin on currently both the Friday and Saturday of the festival makes logistics (for the kind of Pyramid headline show she'd look to put on) extremely difficult at best and so her playing is already exceptionally unlikely.

If a Sunday show is added, as seems possible, that would obviously kill any chance dead.

8 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

The Strokes are the last remaining major guitar band from the last 15-20 years not to have done. Perfect Friday night headline act for me. 

They never seem to get a look in though. JC isn't the most charismatic front men though. Might be why. 

They haven't sold out all points east in 2 months even with that very impressive undercard.

Charisma isn't the issue there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

They haven't sold out all points east in 2 months even with that very impressive undercard.

Charisma isn't the issue there.

They have certainly got the tunes. Some absolute indie classics. 

I'm sure it will be good crowd for that gig too when it comes around. 

He doesn't interact much with the crowd though. Big issue for Glasto which is why they probably didn't do it at their height of fame.

13 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Youre underestimating her being able to sell  hundreds of thousands of tickets without breaking a sweat. She literally added 3 more dates in Singapore so in that country alone its 6 dates. Theres room for her to do 8 Wembley dates in total and 3 in Dublin. Theyre going to announce more shows before the onsales commence in a couple weeks. Thats why theres such a long leas up to. The sales.

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Depeche Mode - that is all (drops mic)!

Well duh.

Dua, Dave, Depeche. Cant go by emilys word til it happens on 2 female headliners either. Taylor fell through again which turned into gnr and then having to bump lizzo as to not appear like it was a sausage fest.

Edited by Suprefan

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

You only think theyre r&l cause you want to put them into one category. Yet theyre headlining or subheadlining multi genre fests currently. They were supposed to be a main headliner for Lollapalooza this year but negotiations took a turn. Hayley is electric, it would go down well. But i doubt they mind headlining Other or being a pyramid sub.

I'm sure tbf that if they were to headline the Pyramid, they'd be stoked at such a chance. Whether it'd just be full of snobs going "But I only know Riot songs!" is another matter. They looked like they were having such a good time at the April UK dates I saw on YouTube and are now on the "I want to see them" list, so I'm hopeful their declaration they want to come back here comes to pass. Reading might be the easy cop-out answer, although tbf they haven't played it since 2014 so it may be overdue.

But hey, who knows.