Download 2024

FeverDream

Thank god if it’s not the sOAD ship has sailed folks sorry

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I know they’re not playing. 

I'll take your word for it. In that case, RATM, Rammstein and A7X. I was fairly sure I wouldn't be going this year anyway as it is rare a lineup suits as much as this year does. I'm sure people will enjoy it and it sticks out to the likes of you as what you probably want them to book which is fine. To be, I'd probably choose them bar RATM maybe as 3 to not attend haha

On 6/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, gabrielomachado said:

what about Muse?

Thinking about it, they last did Download in 2015 which is an increasingly long time ago, seemed to go down well there from what I recall, don't have plans for 2024 (that I know of) and did put a few outright metal songs on Will of the People that sound deliciously vicious live, so... they're not definitely out of the question necessarily. I haven't heard a rumour of anything beyond their September/October shows though.

7 hours ago, foolee said:

Where is the RATM info coming from? 

Maybe there’s more solid info that I’m not aware of, but think people are assuming they’ll tour next year both because they had to cancel most of their initial tour and because what with their being another American election, what better time for them to do it considering that seemed to be what spurred on their 2020 reformation. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Maybe there’s more solid info that I’m not aware of, but think people are assuming they’ll tour next year both because they had to cancel most of their initial tour and because what with their being another American election, what better time for them to do it considering that seemed to be what spurred on their 2020 reformation. 

Ah fair enough, makes sense. Thought I may have missed some more info. 

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Someone on Reddit with ‘insider knowledge’ has claimed that Iron Maiden and Rammstein are the first two headliners. 

So we are right back to, two years apart if they are available I'll book them. To be honest, I don't know of a time when he won't book Maiden if they are around want to do it.

APEX: Iron Maiden / Machine Head / Creed / The Pretty Reckless / Babymetal / Wargasm / Loathe 

OPUS: Sleep Token / Beartooth

AVALANCHE: Death Grips 

DOGTOOTH: Periphery 

APEX: Rammstein / Limp Bizkit / Gojira / Turnstile / Bad Omens / Malevolence / CassyetteOPUS: Five Finger Death Punch / Corey : Sick Of It All

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Enter Shikari / Lamb of God / Spiritbox / DevilDriver / Thy Art Is Murder / Employed To Serve 

OPUS: Sabaton / Arch Enemy 

AVALANCHE: The Interrupters

DOGTOOTH: Ghostemane

2 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb Of God

Rammstein / Machine Head / While She Sleeps

Iron Maiden / Slash / Creed

maybe Sleep Token, Sabaton and Sum 41 headlining 2nd

Sum 41 will be on a their final farewell, I doubt they will choose Download to do that. I think they will do what NOFX did this year the the Slam Dunk sites.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

APEX: Iron Maiden / Machine Head / Creed / The Pretty Reckless / Babymetal / Wargasm / Loathe 

OPUS: Sleep Token / Beartooth

AVALANCHE: Death Grips 

DOGTOOTH: Periphery 

APEX: Rammstein / Limp Bizkit / Gojira / Turnstile / Bad Omens / Malevolence / CassyetteOPUS: Five Finger Death Punch / Corey : Sick Of It All

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Enter Shikari / Lamb of God / Spiritbox / DevilDriver / Thy Art Is Murder / Employed To Serve 

OPUS: Sabaton / Arch Enemy 

AVALANCHE: The Interrupters

DOGTOOTH: Ghostemane

Both of those Maiden tickets would sway a ticket but only on a resale twickets. The option with Slash more so. Stick Papa Roach 4th below Creed.

Don’t get me wrong an A7X, Iron Maiden and Rammstein trio would be a massive set but would anyone else feel quite underwhelmed when it was such a breakthrough year last year? Was hoping for at least one new headliner like Green Day or MCR. 

4 hours ago, foolee said:

Don’t get me wrong an A7X, Iron Maiden and Rammstein trio would be a massive set but would anyone else feel quite underwhelmed when it was such a breakthrough year last year? Was hoping for at least one new headliner like Green Day or MCR. 

It's taken Andy about 20 years to give another breakthrough act their moment, I was very prepared for disappointment this year. They repeat bands very often anyway and given it was a 4 day lineup, they exhausted a lot. 

If it was that however and A7X joined them as the 'younger' band, which is probably likely considering they're touring this year and didn't play, that very likely points to Aerosmith doing Glastonbury and their own outdoor show.

Only thing to look out for is that the last album, they did arenas here first and then played the following. With that said, they would probably need to announce arenas within the next two weeks for here which would virtually make it identical to the last time out. But I'm expecting them.

Edited by northernangel