NICE - QUITE GOOD - OK
WHO? - OH WOW GREAT - MEH - FABULOUS
OK I GUESS - NEVER HEARD - THREE SMALL LOCAL ACTS - CHEAP DJ
HOW DO YOU EVEN PRONOUNCE THIS? - SOME TRAP CRAP PROBABLY
WOULD LOVE TO FINALLY SEE THEM - NO NAME - ANOTHER NO NAME
CHEAP DJ AGAIN - AND AGAIN (but not fred) - WILL LOVE AFTER I LISTEN TO THEM

Every lineup this year.

27 minutes ago, mln said:

Pleased with that, we booked early bird tickets when only Arctic Monkeys had been announced and its filling out nicely for us.  Could do with a bit more added lower down but plenty to go at in the top end.

Hey everyone, struggling to find which festival is the one for me this year (as are a lot of us), but this one seems like a good contender. So little question for a potential newcomer, how's the festival ? How's the general vibe + transport to bilbao, are there nice food and drink options ? Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2022 at 1:42 PM, polnico said:

Hey everyone, struggling to find which festival is the one for me this year (as are a lot of us), but this one seems like a good contender. So little question for a potential newcomer, how's the festival ? How's the general vibe + transport to bilbao, are there nice food and drink options ? Thanks in advance!

I went for the first time last year and absolutely loved it. The vibe before the gates open is so good, everyone together having drinks on the hill looking down to Bilbao is great. It's a very chilled festival with all ages and music lovers. We only did one day but would go back for more. The way back is a bit long because you have to get a bus down from the festival site and we were expecting to stay in the campervan spot near the bus stop but it was full (and only for vans with VASP certificates). So we ended up sleeping in a car park with other festivals goers, it was ok for one night but not ideal for everyone. Overall I highly recommend! 

On 1/26/2023 at 10:59 AM, big__phil said:

Got tickets for me and some mates for this. Any tips for a first-timer? There's not a huge amount on the website regarding basic stuff like hours, stages etc., so any info gratefully received!

You already have last year set times linked up there but the music more or less goes from 5pm to 7am, with the main (and international) acts playing from 8pm to 3am.

The site has 3/4 outdoor stages and a tent plus two electronic areas surrounded by trees.

I would also recommend staying in the city instead of camping up there.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2023 at 3:08 PM, Trk said:

You already have last year set times linked up there but the music more or less goes from 5pm to 7am, with the main (and international) acts playing from 8pm to 3am.

The site has 3/4 outdoor stages and a tent plus two electronic areas surrounded by trees.

I would also recommend staying in the city instead of camping up there.

I'm of an age where I would always choose a nice, comfy bed over camping. However, I've promised my daughter a (cheap) festival of her choice this summer. She'd be going with her partner and I thought Bilbao looked promising, but staying in the city would add a chunk to my expenditure. Is there any reason why they shouldn't camp?  

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm of an age where I would always choose a nice, comfy bed over camping. However, I've promised my daughter a (cheap) festival of her choice this summer. She'd be going with her partner and I thought Bilbao looked promising, but staying in the city would add a chunk to my expenditure. Is there any reason why they shouldn't camp?  

Don´t worry, there is no big problem with the camping site. I recommended staying in the city because aside from the comfort  you are also closer to everything and it's better for sightseeing, going to restaurants, etc.

If you stay at the campsite you are closer to the festival but further away from everything else. But if you are looking for the affordable and not so comfy option it's the way to go.

31 minutes ago, Trk said:

Don´t worry, there is no big problem with the camping site. I recommended staying in the city because aside from the comfort  you are also closer to everything and it's better for sightseeing, going to restaurants, etc.

If you stay at the campsite you are closer to the festival but further away from everything else. But if you are looking for the affordable and not so comfy option it's the way to go.

And the city is really worth it!

• Upvote 1

For me the worst part of the camping was the long queues to take the bus on our way to the city in the morning or to the festival at midday (more than one hour at times). The rest of the camping itself was really ok, althought we stayed at the glamping site and paid for the “vip” showers… worth it 😜.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - another couple of questions from a first-timer.

Do BBK and Mad Cool ever share acts? I assume not as they in direct competition, but it would be good to know.

Also, any idea how many line up updates we might get, and when these may come? There's no indication on the socials that an update is coming, and it doesn't appear there's another price increase on the horizon, although my Spanish isn't the best (to say the least).

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Hi everyone - another couple of questions from a first-timer.

Do BBK and Mad Cool ever share acts? I assume not as they in direct competition, but it would be good to know.

Also, any idea how many line up updates we might get, and when these may come? There's no indication on the socials that an update is coming, and it doesn't appear there's another price increase on the horizon, although my Spanish isn't the best (to say the least).

They've traditionally never shared a huge amount, I am presuming they both request exclusivity. But there was a couple of crossovers last year. Both festivals do quite well do have differering (and decent) lineups considering they generally land on the same weekend.

BBK added a bunch of new mid and lower level acts in April last year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

They've traditionally never shared a huge amount, I am presuming they both request exclusivity. But there was a couple of crossovers last year. Both festivals do quite well do have differering (and decent) lineups considering they generally land on the same weekend.

BBK added a bunch of new mid and lower level acts in April last year.

Nice one, cheers. I really want to see Kevin Morby on his tour, and it looks like he'll be playing at least one of the two (his last tour date listed is in Portugal the day before the fests start), and don't fancy waiting until April to find out, and his tour selling out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...