Graspop 2023

Archi

Nothing about Graspop yet? Taking place on 16-17-18 June, the usual weekend.

Seems obvious SlipKnot will headline it. What are the chances to see the headliners cancelled from 2020-2021-2022 like AerosmithSystem Of A DownFaith No MoreAvenged Sevenfold

I think we gonna have something like this.

Friday
Main Stage 1 : Ghost - Hollywood Vampires - Halestorm.
Main Stage 2 : Avenged Sevenfold - Disturbed - In Flames.

Saturday
Main Stage 1 : SlipKnot - Lamb Of God - Trivium.
Main Stage 2 : Parkway Drive - Architects - Electric Callboy.

Sunday
Main Stage 1 : Mötley Crüe - Def Leppard - Poison. 
Main Stage 2 : Bring Me The Horizon - Limp Bizkit - Sum 41.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 4:29 PM, The Black said:

This clashfinder provides a very well-educated guess imo:

https://clashfinder.com/s/graspop2023/

Hmmm...In terms of names that will be available, maybe yes. In terms of scheduling, I find it a bit off. I don't think they would place Blind Guardian or Turnstile on the pre-festival day. Bands like Solstafir, Meshuggah, Deafheaven, probably belong to the Marquee while bands like Ugly Kid Joe to the Metal dome. All that is non important for now of course...

I would also add/wish for some bands that weren't there in '22 like: Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, The Ocean, Igorrr, Insomnium, Vola, Tesseract, Leprous.

For SOAD, if they tour next summer, I see them more at Rock Werchter than Graspop.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if a thread already exists but it looks like news is imminent!

Confirmed 4 days again for this year, makes me wonder if they’ve done what Download appear to be doing and have gone for the double Metallica headline set? Or indeed if they’ve got 4 different headliners. Imagine Slipknot are nailed on, would also expect Def Leppard/Motley Crue for one night if the Hellfest rumours are real

F7E35177-3377-4F36-B78D-9C9E75F979D8.jpeg

32 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Apologies if a thread already exists but it looks like news is imminent!

Confirmed 4 days again for this year, makes me wonder if they’ve done what Download appear to be doing and have gone for the double Metallica headline set? Or indeed if they’ve got 4 different headliners. Imagine Slipknot are nailed on, would also expect Def Leppard/Motley Crue for one night if the Hellfest rumours are real

F7E35177-3377-4F36-B78D-9C9E75F979D8.jpeg

I don't know about Graspop, but have heard there's substance to Def Leppard/ Motley Crue touring in Europe around that time. 

It was expected but at least they put them on Sunday. Like last year with Sabaton, after 4 days of non-stop music, I'm alright with skipping the headliners and grabbing a couple of beers at the classic rock cafe instead, before heading quietly back to the camp.

Btw...There are two different topics for Graspop '23. It'd be nicer to keep the discussion in just one 😉

18 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

It was expected but at least they put them on Sunday. Like last year with Sabaton, after 4 days of non-stop music, I'm alright with skipping the headliners and grabbing a couple of beers at the classic rock cafe instead, before heading quietly back to the camp.

Btw...There are two different topics for Graspop '23. It'd be nicer to keep the discussion in just one 😉

It was Aerosmith + Sabaton at first I think

Not a surprise to see them at Graspop. But surprise they are not on the same stage. Too bad. 

The Sweden Rock also announced their first names: Motley Crue/Def Leppard on the 7th, Iron Maiden on the 9th and Ghost on the 10th. I guess the last headliner is a band that hasn't announced anything yet. If it was SlipKnot per example, I don't see why they wait. 

Thursday
MS1 Ozzy Osbourne - Pantera.
MS2 Judas Priest - In Flames.

Friday
MS1 Ghost - Gojira.
MS2 Parkway Drive - Architects.

Saturday
MS1 SlipKnot - Lamb Of God.
MS2 Avenged Sevenfold - Disturbed.

Sunday
MS1 Def Leppard - Alter Bridge.
MS2 Mötley Crüe - Hollywood Vampires.