Graspop 2023

Archi

On 11/3/2022 at 8:07 PM, Archi said:

I think the festival was soldout only in 2018 and 2022. Not in 2019. So you have time to decide if you go or not!

Actually in 2019 it was sold out as well. so it was sold out every year since 2018 (alllthough ofcourse it is only 3 festivals)

Wondering if Metallica will just be a Download exclusive. I don't see them doing a European festival tour again next year.

You are right, Friday at NS is much more likely (I think it's time for them to get a high spot). I must say though...For me, a Ghost/Gojira combo would be waaaay more interesting than the Def/Motley one and I believe that many people feel the same. Unfortunately the organisers wouldn't agree with me. 

Edited by Floyd_Ams

I think the headliners so far are a good mix. I know Def Leppard are a fairly uninteresting pick and they play these festivals a lot, and Motley Crue are well past their best, but they'll still put on enjoyable sets. Ghost and (especially) Parkway Drive have earned their North Stage headliner positions and Slipknot was a blast in 2019. 

Who are the others going to be? Bring Me The Horizon, Metallica (???) and someone a smaller like Gojira?

There aren't a lot of realistic possibilities anymore...

As main headliners, we could have some of these:
Avenged Sevenfold: they felt 100% sure a few months ago but they're too quiet and announced nowhere so far.
Evanescence: they were co-headliner last time and they are announced on festivals nearby next Summer already.
Faith No More: they don't have announce any shows but Mr Bungle will play a few shows in the States so who knows.
Guns N Roses: they don't have announce anything yet but there are rumors for them at Glastonbury or PinkPop.
Judas Priest: they are on tour with Ozzy but they were there this year so hopefully they won't come again.
Metallica: they could play stadiums in Brussels and only have a couple of festivals like Download and Rock Am Ring.
Ozzy Osbourne: his tour ends a few days before the Graspop but I think he'll end his tour at the Birmingham date.
System Of A Down: a few rumors since they've announced a festival in the States in May but nothing concrete here.
Within Temptation: they replaced Faith No More this year so they shouldn't come this year.

As smaller headliners, we could have some of these:
Bring Me The Horizon: we are no the in UK but they could fit well to close the Main Stage.
Gojira: it's time for them to have a high spot but I doubt the festival will make them close the Main Stage. 
Hollywood Vampires: they should be more sub than headliners but we never know with Graspop as they love old guys.
Pantera: the festival could put them to close the second Main Stage even if I honestly think it's too high for them.

South: Metallica / Lamb Of God / Avatar

North : Ghost / Porcupine Tree (?)

___

South:  Avenged Sevenfold / Bring Me The Horizon / Disturbed

North:  Gojira / Arch Enemy

___

South: Slipknot / Pantera / Amon Amarth

North: Parkway Drive / Architects

___

South: Mötley Crüe / Alter Bridge / Halestorm

North: Def Leppard / Hollywood Vampires

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

___

___

___

Switch Arch Enemy and Gojira and please put Porcupine Tree in the marquee. I don´t think it would work on the main, while it would be one of the best shows of the weekend in the marquee. But if they play a festival in Belgium, I think it´s more likely to be Werchter

9 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

___

___

___

Epica have also been confirmed/leaked to be playing, maybe slot them into the Purcipine tree slot. After their well received alcatraz headlining slot last year I could see them taking a high spot.

In 2017, Epica was sub-headliner on the second Main Stage. But it was a weak day with all the budget focused on Rammstein... Europe sub-headliner, Epica too, Sepultura on the spot just before... Epica shouldn't be that high again.

As we got a new name on Thursday 3, Monday 7, Thusday 10, I'm wondering if we gonna have a new name on Monday!

Edited by Archi

26 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Gojira given the bump up to North Stage headliners on the Friday

2693C0BB-6AAB-48BA-82F2-608D0943C199.jpeg

They totally deserve it imo. As I said before, it was about time that they got a headlining spot. Same goes for Ghost. Despite of the fact that Sunday’s headliners are not my cup of tea, good job from Graspop so far!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

They totally deserve it imo. As I said before, it was about time that they got a headlining spot. Same goes for Ghost. Despite of the fact that Sunday’s headliners are not my cup of tea, good job from Graspop so far!

Totally agree with you here; I feel like a lot of the bigger rock/metal festivals this year are a lot more “switched on” to promoting younger bands and trying to secure the future of their festivals. Obviously there’s a few older names being bandied around to appeal to the demographic, but it feels far more current than normal