Graspop 2023

Archi

Graspop took a step from the Hellfest playbook and announced pretty much the entire lineup, a huge repeat of Hellfest 2022 weekend 2. Awesome. If you add Metallica, I'm definitely going.

103 new names for the 26th edition of Graspop Metal Meeting! Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Architects, Behemoth, Disturbed, Epica, Halestorm, Hatebreed, Hollywood Vampires, In Flames, Kreator, Meshuggah, Pantera, Papa Roach, Rancid and Three Days Grace and more.

The South Stage headliners for Thursday and Friday will be announced at a later date.

The new additions to the #GMM23 line-up are: 1914, Agnostic Front, Amon Amarth, Anti-Flag, Antimatter, Any Given Day, Arch Enemy, Architects, As I Lay Dying, Asking Alexandria, At The Gates, Avatar, Beast In Black, Behemoth, Billy Talent, Black Mirrors, Bloodywood , Butcher Babies, Cane Hill, Carpenter Brut, Clutch, Cradle Of Filth, Crowbar, Cyclone, Danko Jones, Dark Angel, Deathstars, Delain, Dieth, Dirkschneider , Disturbed, Draconian , Eluveitie, End, Enter Shikari, Epica, Escape The Fate, Evergrey, Exodus, Fever 333, Fields of the Nephilim, Finntroll, Greg Puciato, Halestorm, Hatebreed, Heidevolk, Hippotraktor, Hollywood Undead, Hollywood Vampires, I Prevail, In Flames, Insomnium, Katatonia , Kissin’ Dynamite, Korpiklaani, Kreator, Landmvrks , Legion Of The Damned, Less Than Jake, Life Of Agony, Lionheart, Loathe , Lorna Shore, Marduk, Meshuggah, Molybaron, Monster Magnet, Motionless In White, Novelists, Oceans, Orange Goblin, Orbit Culture, Pantera, Papa Roach, Polaris, Rancid, Russkaja, Seether, Septicflesh, Sick Of It All, Skindred, Sleep Token, Soen, Sólstafir, Spiritbox, Stand Atlantic, Stray From The Path, Testament, The Amity Affliction, The Answer, The Chats, The Ghost Inside, The Halo Effect, The Luka State, The Menzingers, The Raven Age, The Winery Dogs, Three Days Grace, Thundermother, Unearth, Vicious Rumours, Voivod & Watain.

Edited by cristyflorin

5 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Really solid line up that, but there’s nothing been announced that would pull me there that I’m not seeing at Download already. The other 2 headliners could change that of course…

Kiss/Metallica/GNR - one or two of them

I will say Kiss and Metallica

Edited by SweetJesus

Cool announcement but anything very surprising. We could mention acts like Enter Shikari, booked in 2020 before Covid cancelled, but that's it. I guess we'll have a poster at least on Saturday. For the communication around ticket sales, they need it. And with 3 real headliners already announced like SlipKnotDef Leppard and Motley Crue with other acts like GhostParkway Drive and Gojira, it wouldn't look weak at all...

They increase their prices too: 119€ for 1 day and 299€ for the combi... Line-up is cool, got at least 10 bands to watch per day but nothing I've seen yet so don't think I'll go again for 4 days. But maybe on Saturday with the combo SlipKnot/Parkway Drive/Architects/The Ghost Inside...

6 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Anyone from ex-yu countries been to Graspop? I need help about accomodation and some other stuff. 

I've been from Belgrade. There's a cheap flight from Belgrade to Eindhoven. I camped so I can't help you much about accommodation but I don't think it's worth it to travel each day to and from the festival in general

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I only don't have much to watch on thursday but I think I'll again do Graspop - Werchter combo.

We were thinking to break our Graspop-Werchter combo this year and try a different metal festival (Werchter is a must every year so tickets are already purchased) but now I see the lineup and...I don't know. That Saturday is a killer! Maybe we'll do just that one day. Or give up and buy a combi again 😂

51 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Just to pick a different city to stay in between instead of Amsterdam like we did this year

If you haven't been there already, I'd recommend the Belgian Ardennes for a few days in between. If you are into great beer, nature and picturesque villages, it's paradise!

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Line-up is cool, got at least 10 bands to watch per day but nothing I've seen yet so don't think I'll go again for 4 days. But maybe on Saturday with the combo SlipKnot/Parkway Drive/Architects/The Ghost Inside...

Lineup is so far best available in Europe, with the (hopefully temporary) exception of Download and the double Metallica set. Otherwise Sweden, Copenhell, RAR/RIP etc have a much weaker undercard. Where else would you go? 🙊

44 minutes ago, cristyflorin said:

Lineup is so far best available in Europe, with the (hopefully temporary) exception of Download and the double Metallica set. Otherwise Sweden, Copenhell, RAR/RIP etc have a much weaker undercard. Where else would you go? 🙊

It's subjective. I take RAR/RIP lineup over GMM personally 🙂

1 hour ago, Ferda said:

It's subjective. I take RAR/RIP lineup over GMM personally 🙂

Wow, I'm shocked, they have very few metal bands/overlap with Graspop, i would not go, such a weak set headliners and subs: DIE TOTEN HOSEN, MACHINE GUN KELLY, TENACIOUS D, APACHE 207, K.I.Z. plus weak undercard. 

i understand if you like it but then I'm sure Graspop was not really your thing.

With the many bands we have so far, I think we're missing:
- 1 headliner for Thursday (obviously)
- 1 headliner for Friday (obviously)
- 1 sub for Thursday
- 1 sub for Sunday

THURSDAY
SS: TBA - TBA.
NS: Ghost - Arch Enemy.

FRIDAY
SS: TBA - Disturbed.
NS: Gojira - Amon Amarth.

SATURDAY
SS: SlipKnot - Pantera.
NS: Parkway Drive - Architects.

SUNDAY
SS: Def Leppard - Hollywood Vampires.
NS: Mötley Crüe - TBA.

I guess one of the 2 subs will be Alter Bridge. With Guns N Roses on Thursday on the South Stage? Maybe System Of A Down could finally be there on Friday. And one more band on Sunday... sadly I didn't see Evanescence being added at Graspop anymore...