NOS ALIVE 2023

Eugenio

On 12/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, MeMeMeM said:

The newsletter in Portuguese says this:

"Sam Smith é a grande confirmação do dia 8 de julho no Palco NOS na 15ª edição do NOS Alive'23."

Sam Smith is the great confirmation of 8th July. I assume that this means he is the headliner.

"Pela primeira vez, os Red Hot Chili Peppers sobem ao palco da Passeio Marítimo de Algés, sendo assim a grande confirmação para o dia 6 de julho, no Palco NOS, na 15ª edição do NOS Alive'23."

Obviously, RHCP are the 6th July headliners, and, based on these words, Sam Smith will headline the 8th July. We have to deal with it.

Lizzo will probably co-headline with someone else.

• Upvote 1

RHCP, Black Keys seems pretty good 

Sam Smith with maybe someone like The Prodigy playing afterwards (Disclosure played after last time Sam was on, decent)

Lizzo with a great sub playing before would be good enough. I know it's unlikely but a "good time" band like Chic before Lizzo and make it a massive party, I'd be well up for that. 

All in all, Sam Smith feels like the weak link but that said I've no idea if Sam is popular enough in Portugal to be considered a great booking or not. 

Looking at Mad Cool, I'd take SigurRos, Nathaniel Rateliff, Paolo Nutini (would love to see Paolo there). Robbie Williams however, I'd rather stay at home than see him. 

Edited by TheNewUnion

7 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

--- 7 de julho
Palco NOS
Lizzo
Arctic Monkeys
Idles

Do you think that AM are ostensibly the headliner with Lizzo co-headline/party time show closer? Regardless of which way round they play the 7th is shaping up to be a very good day. I'll be watching all 3 of the main stage acts we have so far.

13 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Do you think that AM are ostensibly the headliner with Lizzo co-headline/party time show closer? Regardless of which way round they play the 7th is shaping up to be a very good day. I'll be watching all 3 of the main stage acts we have so far.

I removed cyst from a Portuguese radio, official radio of the festival.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

The timetable is not very easy to predict because it changes every day.
To have an idea, 2019's Saturday Main Stage was:
21.20 - 22.45 Bon Iver
23.30 - 01.00 The Smashing Pumpkins
01.30 - 03.00 The Chemical Brothers
The three of them were co-headlining while Idles and Thom Yorke played in the tent, partially clashing with Bon Iver and Smashing Pumpkins.
Obviously they also had weaker days.

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'm afraid I have no idea who what is. I'll have to have a listen.

Extremely talented and likeable young dude who's made a bit of a niche as a youtube star and music guru. Just collaborated with Stormzy on his latest album.

His solo tunes aren't particularly amazing, but his technical skills are absolutely fantastic to watch and he's definitely smart enough to do a fun festival set.

9 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

--- 6 de julho
Palco NOS
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Black Keys

Palco Heineken
Men I Trust

--- 7 de julho
Palco NOS
Lizzo
Arctic Monkeys
Idles

Palco Heineken
Sylvan Esso

Interesting. I was looking at Rome for a one-two of AM and Muse but this could work for me too.

See what I can book.

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Extremely talented and likeable young dude who's made a bit of a niche as a youtube star and music guru. Just collaborated with Stormzy on his latest album.

His solo tunes aren't particularly amazing, but his technical skills are absolutely fantastic to watch and he's definitely smart enough to do a fun festival set.

Saw him in 2019 before Snarky Puppy, and he his extremely talented. He gives a nice show, even sometimes he doesn't know when to stop when jamming. I don't listen him often, but liked when I saw him.

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

I'll give it a whirl. Always got time for decent young people marking music. 

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Listening to him now at the moment but I dont recognize anything. Doenst sound all too special either...