Boomtown Chapter 2: The Twin Trials

a6l6e6x

41 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Fair enough! I guess it gives enough time for some last minute ticket buying still that announcing 3 days before didn't. 

Hopefully over time as they set the ethos a bit more they'll be able to sell more tickets based on the "vibe" rather than the headliners (like Glastonbury do).

You're spot on with regards to the ultimate aim. They want the line up to be a bonus, but people that go to be more about the festival rather than the line up. It's obviously to be seen if they can achieve this aim though...

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

You're spot on with regards to the ultimate aim. They want the line up to be a bonus, but people that go to be more about the festival rather than the line up. It's obviously to be seen if they can achieve this aim though...

I definitely go for the vibe and always have done - I just also want to know what is on!! Makes it easier to plan when you are going to try and get involved in the story stuff.

18 hours ago, jimmyt said:

I definitely go for the vibe and always have done - I just also want to know what is on!! Makes it easier to plan when you are going to try and get involved in the story stuff.

I feel the same, although giving it a miss this year. Always discovered some amazing acts at Boomtown but no new ones last year which I attributed to the line up falling just a week before, not enough time to research. I hope they find a balance, lots of my mates are also swerving this year, although not all of them, and waiting to see whether the new investors have a positive / negative influence on the festival. The decision was made easier by getting Glastonbury tickets this year but as mid-August approaches I'm beginning to get FOMO. Looking forward to the reviews afterwards and the lineup drop on Friday.

Full lineup is out now (main stages on Boomtown Instagram and full lineup on Woov app)

What do we think?

From the perspective of someone who loves bass music (esp. dnb/garage) I'm pretty happy. Never usually particularly bothered about headliners, but am lookng forward to Cypress Hill and ofc The Prodigy. 

Much as I like him, it's funny to see some people moaning that Shy FX isn't on there despite being there almost every year & basically at every dance festival going lol...

On 7/6/2023 at 10:58 PM, Metal Monkey said:

I can’t imagine what could be bigger either, I thought everyone who likes dance music and would be at Origin would like the Prodigy. And everyone else!
Maybe it’s just old people like me who like them and the usual Origin crowd will prefer Fred Again. 

Apparently it is Hedex?

Not my cup of tea but he seems to be massive with the new dnb generation so I imagine he will pull a pretty big crowd away from Prodigy.

On 7/28/2023 at 5:17 PM, Rave Review said:

Full lineup is out now (main stages on Boomtown Instagram and full lineup on Woov app)

What do we think?

From the perspective of someone who loves bass music (esp. dnb/garage) I'm pretty happy. Never usually particularly bothered about headliners, but am lookng forward to Cypress Hill and ofc The Prodigy. 

Much as I like him, it's funny to see some people moaning that Shy FX isn't on there despite being there almost every year & basically at every dance festival going lol...

Having seen the lineup as wanted to give it a chance, there is no way I'd entertain paying for it myself. But I'm not your regular boomtown goer. I spent time around people who have been this year who said it is mad and people literally will do lines right there in front of you constantly. Not my scene. I saw people doimg whatever it was you put on your teeth or rub on your teeth with a dip of water at Fatboy at Glastonbury and that was some girl off her loop.

13 hours ago, joeltg said:

Just booked a camp orchid ticket.

Anyone camped there before, any entertainment up there like in the villages last year?

I camped there last year. There’s showers and it’s flat but nothing else going for it. No entertainment and only 2 food stalls with massive queues so have to walk down to the next campsite area for a coffee. 

12 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

I camped there last year. There’s showers and it’s flat but nothing else going for it. No entertainment and only 2 food stalls with massive queues so have to walk down to the next campsite area for a coffee. 

Cheers MM, I did wonder whether it was worth the 90 quid! 

6 hours ago, joeltg said:

Cheers MM, I did wonder whether it was worth the 90 quid! 

They're saying the facilities will be better this year, not sure what the plan is but they've said they're trying as many took issue.

Short walk from car and mates in campervans, showers and frozen cocktails made it feel worthwhile for us last year.

15 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

A cold shower in the middle of last year’s heatwave might have been worth £90! 

What a scorcher that was - I almost passed out crossing site to pitch...

A lot struggled in that heat, no escape from it at campsites...

3 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Does Orchid sell out? And is there a cut off? Think we may get it later today, getting too old to be in the mix these days!

Nobody knows. We're not even 100% certain where it is this year. Not sure if it's in the same place (what was Whister's Green/KidzTown/Meadow) or moving to hilltop or what - might all depend on how many passes they sell? Mystery box. 

Where is that map? 🤔

On 8/4/2023 at 3:45 PM, frostypaw said:

Nobody knows. We're not even 100% certain where it is this year. Not sure if it's in the same place (what was Whister's Green/KidzTown/Meadow) or moving to hilltop or what - might all depend on how many passes they sell? Mystery box. 

Where is that map? 🤔

Map is on the app. 

Orchid is here, the digital programme suggests it has 4 good vendors. 

Screenshot_20230807-203157.png

• Like 1