Boomtown Chapter 2: The Twin Trials

a6l6e6x

I think I'm gonna have to wait to see if me and my mates manage Glastonbury tickets before booking this, £335 is quite the jump in price! I know B'Town is more about the experience than the acts, but would really hope for some slightly bigger names than this year at that price.

12 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

£805 for 2 adults Wed entry and a campervan ticket... not for me! 

Just checked what I paid in 2019, £241.75 for a ticket and half a parking permit (split with mate) inc eco bond and booking fees.

Would be over £100 more this time. 

12 minutes ago, mr flow said:

How much are Glastonbury tickets this year? I can’t see it being posted anywhere, unless I’m being thick!

They haven’t released the prices yet, the resale tickets for this years were £285+£7.50 booking fee so probs touching £300 this year 

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:14 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Nay...we want the same weather again. It was glorious.  But I doubt it will happen.

I cant fathom how anyone enjoyed that weather. I spent all of the Friday in the shade and still managed to get heatstroke. Most of the indoor venues were too hot to stay in, couldnt do any storyline.

This has taken some thinking... but I would genuinely have preferred rain for 4 days straight.

1 hour ago, Harry3 said:

I cant fathom how anyone enjoyed that weather. I spent all of the Friday in the shade and still managed to get heatstroke. Most of the indoor venues were too hot to stay in, couldnt do any storyline.

This has taken some thinking... but I would genuinely have preferred rain for 4 days straight.

I kind of agree with you. I spent the Friday and Saturday just chasing shade and longing for the sun to go down. I also found that everyone seemed shattered by 4am, which usually isn't the case. I think the same weather but mid 20's rather than mid 30's would be perfect.

3 hours ago, Harry3 said:

What can I say…I’m an outdoors person, all year round.
In the sun, just remember a hat, a cotton scarf kept wet to cool the neck, and cotton clothing. And water, water, water….and more water. 
I loved dancing in the sun. 
I can not fathom how you could want rain…..that’s just weird. Unless you’re a fish? 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

What can I say…I’m an outdoors person, all year round.
In the sun, just remember a hat, a cotton scarf kept wet to cool the neck, and cotton clothing. And water, water, water….and more water. 
I loved dancing in the sun. 
I can not fathom how you could want rain…..that’s just weird. Unless you’re a fish? 

Not quite a fish, just ginger and live in Sweden 😂

Like I could have consumed water non stop for 12 hours straight whilst wearing long white linen robes and a sombrero and I still would have ended up with a headache and feeling sick, my body just physically cant deal with being that hot with no way to cool down.

5 hours ago, Harry3 said:

Not quite a fish, just ginger and live in Sweden 😂

Like I could have consumed water non stop for 12 hours straight whilst wearing long white linen robes and a sombrero and I still would have ended up with a headache and feeling sick, my body just physically cant deal with being that hot with no way to cool down.

jag hoppas du bor i norra sverige. 🙂

On 10/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, Harry3 said:

It’s a different kind of survival, if it was raining for 4 days straight I think more people would have left, there’s only so long you can stand being soaked through for without drying off 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

If I believe it hard enough could we get Fred again headlining this

I've not heard anything, but would think his Boomtown ship might have sailed by now, as his management will have put his fee up considerably due to his recent success. Suppose it's still a possibility 

5 hours ago, mr flow said:

I've not heard anything, but would think his Boomtown ship might have sailed by now, as his management will have put his fee up considerably due to his recent success. Suppose it's still a possibility 

I'm still not sure if he'll be that much for them. To me he's definitely in the same territory as four Tet, can't imagine he'd be significantly more. 

10 hours ago, mr flow said:

definitely could still do it

not sure they'd want to spend so much money on him though vs a lot of other options