Boomtown Chapter 2: The Twin Trials

a6l6e6x

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

What's this about?

Surely all festivals/outdoor events have had reusable cups for years.

Above link has a lot of info. Boomtown has never used reusable cups, I guess its much easier and cheaper to use paper ones and clean them all up at the end of the day with all the other litter rather than have a re-usable system with cup washers and special bins etc. But maybe now LiveNation can assist them with that.

1 minute ago, Harry3 said:

Above link has a lot of info. Boomtown has never used reusable cups, I guess its much easier and cheaper to use paper ones and clean them all up at the end of the day with all the other litter rather than have a re-usable system with cup washers and special bins etc. But maybe now LiveNation can assist them with that.

Absolute shocker. The 3 festivals I go to have had them for years. Not convinced it's a cost issue, more like they weren't interested and this is a nice PR initiative for LN.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, foolee said:

Do tickets tend to sell out instantly? 

There were loads on resell for this year but people did buy them 3 years ago

typically takes a little while to sell out but it was extremely well received on socials this year so demand may be higher. I know 4 people who want to go next year having never expressed an interest before

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

There were loads on resell for this year but people did buy them 3 years ago

typically takes a little while to sell out but it was extremely well received on socials this year so demand may be higher. I know 4 people who want to go next year having never expressed an interest before

Yeah I’ll be in that boat too. Just wondered if I needed to be on it like Glasto or could wait for other festival lineups. Kind of in between going to this, Bloodstock or Sziget but never done any of those. Slight reservation with Boomtown is it being too dance heavy but im after a festival with a Glastonbury edge that’s independent however the only music that will interest me at boomtown is the little heavy/punk stuff they put on so not sure if it’s worth it. Our friends fancy it though so might give it a go as a new festival. 

Ticket prices are out

Phase 1 citizenship £265 + BF and Eco bond 
Phase  2 citizenship £275 + BF and Eco bond 
Phase  3 citizenship £285 + BF and Eco bond 
Phase  4 citizenship £295 + BF and Eco bond

seeing as there’s about 10 phase 1 tickets, it’s about the rise I was expecting 

5 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

Ticket prices are out

Phase 1 citizenship £265 + BF and Eco bond 
Phase  2 citizenship £275 + BF and Eco bond 
Phase  3 citizenship £285 + BF and Eco bond 
Phase  4 citizenship £295 + BF and Eco bond

seeing as there’s about 10 phase 1 tickets, it’s about the rise I was expecting 

There were so many options I'm finding hard to draw a direct comparison from 2022. 

A standard resale ticket in May 21 was £225, so is that a 30% increase over last year for phase 4?

But I'm sure my Oxfam deposit was £285, and the deposit is pegged at ticket price was that initially 2019 prices? 

Edited by Leyrulion

On 9/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, foolee said:

Yeah I’ll be in that boat too. Just wondered if I needed to be on it like Glasto or could wait for other festival lineups. Kind of in between going to this, Bloodstock or Sziget but never done any of those. Slight reservation with Boomtown is it being too dance heavy but im after a festival with a Glastonbury edge that’s independent however the only music that will interest me at boomtown is the little heavy/punk stuff they put on so not sure if it’s worth it. Our friends fancy it though so might give it a go as a new festival. 

You definitely don't want Sziget based off this imo - very commercial and very headliner focused

On 10/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, Leyrulion said:

There were so many options I'm finding hard to draw a direct comparison from 2022. 

A standard resale ticket in May 21 was £225, so is that a 30% increase over last year for phase 4?

But I'm sure my Oxfam deposit was £285, and the deposit is pegged at ticket price was that initially 2019 prices? 

ecobond is now £20.

1 hour ago, Old_Johno said:

Just saw that, an absolute piss take considering how poorly staffed the eco bond points have always been, another £20 for Wednesday entry, and £35 for parking.

Live nation flex right there  

In my 5 visits, never seen anyone manning an eco bond stand. It will be interesting to see how well tickets sell. Hardly any of the crowd I went with this year are going for the early bird tickets, they are all waiting to see if they're successful with Glastonbury. Doing both Boom and Glastonbury next year will now be the best part of a grand before you even get on site!

1 hour ago, Boomtowner said:

In my 5 visits, never seen anyone manning an eco bond stand. It will be interesting to see how well tickets sell. Hardly any of the crowd I went with this year are going for the early bird tickets, they are all waiting to see if they're successful with Glastonbury. Doing both Boom and Glastonbury next year will now be the best part of a grand before you even get on site!

2018 I saw someone at one but it was so close to the car park we’d given up and chucked it on the rubbish heap.

there was also a massive queue for it 

15 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

Volunteering with Oxfam again for me, for exactly the cost reason. 

All festivals have a slight falling apart vibe on the leaving day but Boom is the only one where it felt like every one had given up. 🤣

18 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

Just saw that, an absolute piss take considering how poorly staffed the eco bond points have always been, another £20 for Wednesday entry, and £35 for parking.

Live nation flex right there  

Wasn't the Wednesday entry ticket more this year? I might be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Wasn't the Wednesday entry ticket more this year? I might be wrong though.

Thought it used to be free if you had 3+ in a car, or maybe they needed to all have weds entry as well. 
That’s for an extra day of festival and logistics/ organisation. 
Eco bond increase is indefensible considering how impossible they make it to claim back. 

22 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

Thought it used to be free if you had 3+ in a car, or maybe they needed to all have weds entry as well. 
That’s for an extra day of festival and logistics/ organisation. 
Eco bond increase is indefensible considering how impossible they make it to claim back. 

I think the eco bond increase is down to the state that the majority left the camp sites areas in. Totally agree with the places to claim it back being very hard to do so. This needs to be improved on for chapter 2.

2 hours ago, mr flow said:

I think the eco bond increase is down to the state that the majority left the camp sites areas in. Totally agree with the places to claim it back being very hard to do so. This needs to be improved on for chapter 2.

Chapter 13. 

Chapter 2 implies that this year was their first go at getting this right when it's been impossibly difficult for years. 

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Chapter 13. 

Chapter 2 implies that this year was their first go at getting this right when it's been impossibly difficult for years. 

Ahh the Boomtown prophet of doom has returned 😁 Guessing you're chomping at the bit to get your ticket later....

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Ahh the Boomtown prophet of doom has returned 😁 Guessing you're chomping at the bit to get your ticket later....

I never went anywhere! 
And I’ll get one at the weekend 😂

Booked my ticket easily enough at the cheapest price.

On the subject on the eco-bond:

Managed to get a eco-bond payment for my first year (2018) but put my rubbish in an area in 2019 and didn't try to get the payment.

Nothing seemed to be open this year to bring the rubbish and get a return for the eco-bond so hoping they sort that out this year.

Edited by aidenlangan95